No Froyo for Droid Eris says Verizon
0. phoneArena posted on 17 Sep 2010, 00:51
HTC's Droid Eris is being sent to bed without it's dessert, which means no Froyo for the canceled handset...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ChineseMuscle posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:48 0
Looks like no 2.2 for the Droid X as well. STILL WAITING, AND WAITING, AND WAITING ! RASS CLA'AT BWAY ! By the way: Any Ya'ady deh bout ?
3. papa_leo (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2010, 09:31 0
4. dkdjf (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2010, 11:02 0
droid x will be getting 2.2..no reason why it cant but will be later this year or in 2011..Eris cant handle 2.2 efficiently
5. stangmatt66 (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2010, 12:04 0
Really sad because Froyo made my rooted Eris really fast and usable. Don't worry about VZW and HTC, just root and enjoy Froyo.
6. roscuthiii posted on 17 Sep 2010, 21:01 0
Exactly... it's not that the Eris cant handle Froyo; it's that VZW won't make as much money if you don't go out and buy a phone. Enjoying it on my rooted Eris as well. Thanks to NAND back up/restore I'm enjoying a few different ROM's whenever the mood strikes me. FFS root your Android phones already! It's like buying a base model Mustang when you can get the SVT model at no extra charge.
7. Sniggly posted on 17 Sep 2010, 21:49 0
It's really, really sad that they won't update the Eris, as it's a great little handset. I still order and sell this phone to customers because I haven't had a single defective return. Not. One.