No BlackBerry 10 update for BlackBerry PlayBook
0. phoneArena 29 Jun 2013, 05:43 posted on
Back in January, BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins said that the 7 inch BlackBerry PlayBook tablet would get updated to BlackBerry 10; that seemed to be a no brainer considering that the tablet came to market powered by the QNX operating system that became the building blocks of BlackBerry 10. This will be a big step backward in BlackBerry's attempt to recover from years of poor business decisions made by prior management...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
i was going to buy that after that bb10 news but bought ipod instead. much happier.
4. HASHTAG (unregistered)
You're happier with an iPod?
10. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Yes, best ecosystem, no malware and hardly any lags.
3. Johnnokia (Posts: 1093; Member since: 27 May 2012)
This company is directing a huge impact to its credibility ... To whom ??
To its loyal fanbase.
I bought my Playbook because I though it would be updated to BB10.
That is really so sad BB.
12. lallolu (Posts: 471; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
I almost bought the 64gb playbook since BB promised to update it to BB10. I am so happy I did not. Playbook is very cheap though.
22. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
poor loyalist... well, its your own fault buying stuff from a sinking company, just let them drown already...
7. ilia1986 (unregistered)
That's too bad. I hope everyone who owns a playbook will switch to an Android tablet now.
All five of them.
8. Marktt (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Jun 2013)
Pissed off, its the only reason I've held on to it for so long. One would think that if they updated it as promised, this could lead to a much larger BB10 base. I won't give Blackberry another chance. There are too many choices to waste your time and money.
9. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
maybe it return the tablet in exchange for something.. :)
11. JunkCreek (Posts: 407; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
for god's sake, Heins, WAKE THE F UP!!!
End of BB PlayBoy... Ooopppsss... PlayBook.
13. belovedson (Posts: 988; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
Great the play book is a paper weight. Ahhh what to drop with it
14. raghav.ak (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
That's terrible news, being a Blackberry loyalist for about five years now, the support you all have given to this Tablet has been pathetic, it has so many bugs and lag issues and I don't see any software update and if this continues, God be with you all. Customer satisfaction has to be the foremost on your list since you aren't going to get too many new ones, you've got to at least make sure you all don't lose the ones you already have. If it really did have issues, he should have never commented on it coming to the Playbook until he was quite certain that it would come seems like it was a strategy to clear up their existing stock at that moment to all the fools out there, including me.
15. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Thorsten you are an idiot and a failure just like your products. The end is coming
18. bovcrx (Posts: 68; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
It's unfortunate, but I'll live. I may not be as loyal as I was back in 2007 because of this.
19. VictorP (Posts: 24; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I was looking forward to putting BB10 on my playbook once it was released. It's just been sitting in it's box collecting dust for about 4 months now. I guess it's going to stay there now...
20. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
i bought the Playbook 64GB becoz of BB10 -_-' and now this.... what a backstab move from BB... anyways i have sold it allready and bought the Z10+Q10
24. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
So BB back stab you so you go out and buy more BB products!
28. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
i allready bought them before this news... but im happy with the BB10 devices =)
25. jibraihimi (Posts: 760; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Thank God, I didn't purchased this thing after the announcement of upgrade. I had made up my mind to purchase this, after the announcement that it would be upgraded to BB OS 10, but it was my luck that it wasn't available in local stores.......
26. BigRed83 (Posts: 144; Member since: 19 May 2008)
My first BB was an 8830, then the Storm 1. Took a break until the Playbook came out. Bought it, liked it for what it was. BB10 would have been sweet, but if they can't optimize the UI for the real estate along with two year old hardware, not to mention bus design, then I'm better off using it for a coaster, or to occupy the kids on a trip. A babysitter. Nice job, Heins.
27. snowgator (Posts: 3583; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
How could they say they were going to upgrade it.....
Without making sure they could first??
For all the crap MS took for not upgrading WP7 devices to WP8, they at least never opened their mouths and promised they would. Ditto a ton of Android devices. Makes it hard to defend BlackBerry.
29. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
HaHa another failure of Thorsten what a complete tool. Why would anyone buy a Blackberry tablet anyway