No Android 4.2 update for Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi and Google Nexus S?
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Nov 2012, 05:14
Google's AOSP head Jean-Baptiste Qeuru basically said that the Motorola XOOM Wi-Fi and the Google Nexus S will not be getting updated to Android 4.2, closing out the OS updating of the two devices which will ride out into the sunset with Android 4.1.2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PAPINYC (limited) posted on 14 Nov 2012, 05:31 0 0
What about XOOOOOOM 4G LTE?
Can we assume because of the 'Wi-Fi' specifier, the Verizon iteration will continue to receive updates??
2. at0mNom posted on 14 Nov 2012, 05:38 1 1
Ahh rest in peace Nexus S. I'm currently using it as my alarm clock since I upgraded to my S3 haha.
4. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 14 Nov 2012, 06:02 2 0
Great phone that saw a lot of updates, it represented the Nexus concept well. For a phone that is two years old, it's still a solid device.
5. AlexYouOC posted on 14 Nov 2012, 06:03 0 2
Thats EXACTLY what im doing too lmaoooo.... best alarm clock a guy could ask for. And to play around with Jelly Bean until my S3 finally gets it
6. speckledapple posted on 14 Nov 2012, 06:11 0 0
I have the xoom wifi and I have been pleased with the updates so far. JB is a really good OS so I am content with it until I upgrade to another tablet. Though I am concerned as the Nexus tablets all come without the sd card, which I actually like on the xoom. Either way, we will see.
9. AndroidShiz posted on 14 Nov 2012, 06:33 2 0
I'd love an S3 if it didn't muck up Android with its jittery touch wiz. Oh touch wiz and Sense how I loathe thee. Your contributions to lag and hiding real Android in a time were that is no longer needed since ICS, are legendary.
10. PapaSmurf posted on 14 Nov 2012, 07:09 1 1
If you've ever used an S3, you would know that lag in non existent, especially on Jellybean.
14. Reluctant_Human posted on 14 Nov 2012, 11:48 0 0
And there are still a lot of us who can't say that since we are still waiting for the Jellybean upgrade.
11. thelegend6657 posted on 14 Nov 2012, 07:20 2 0
I think this 2 devices are more than capable of running 4.2 , just that Google dont want to support it because they believe its not worth their time and most users moved on .
The Xoom has quite decent specs and Nexus S wasnt that bad either .
When i was mad at Google for not delivering ICS to Nexus one people say its because of lack of memory while these 2 devices have more than enough space . I thought a Nexus device is supposed to receive update forever unless the hardware cant run it .
Google cant abandon nexus devices like that , only Apple will dare to end support for the iPad 1 that wasnt really that old and are more than capable to run iOS 6
12. scriptwriter posted on 14 Nov 2012, 07:25 0 0
Does anyone know if if the European variant of the Samsung galaxy nexus is getting 4.2 yet? I hate it that we have to wait longer than the US for system updates.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus
13. TylerGrunter posted on 14 Nov 2012, 09:24 3 0
And now I finally got the excuse I needed to buy the Nexus 4!
16. imkyle posted on 14 Nov 2012, 11:54 0 0
The Xoom had a very good run. i think many were surprised when it got Jellybean
17. BadAssAbe posted on 14 Nov 2012, 22:35 0 0
That will do Xoom, that will do.
RIP Xoom 2011-2012