Nielsen: again more smartphones than feature phones in Q3, Android and iOS keep on mauling the competition
0. phoneArena 21 Dec 2012, 02:07 posted on
Nielsen released its quarterly cell phone industry stats to remind us that for the first time in history the smartphone crowd outnumbered the feature phone users in 2012, and the incident accelerated in Q3 with 56% of subscribers now owning a smartphone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 1943; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Maps topping the list of the iPhone Apps of 2012? You have got to be kidding me if it were the ones on the ios6
5. rcwfox2002 (Posts: 41; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
Probably because a good portion of iOS users downloaded it wanting to try it out.
7. XperiaUser (unregistered)
probably because they don't have any good and accurate map
10. roscuthiii (Posts: 1949; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Q3 numbers are posted, not Q4. Q4 numbers would be real interesting to see.
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Yup Google map deserves to be the top list on ios, thank you Google :)
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9879; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's Apple Maps Wendy... Notice how on Android it says Google _______?
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9879; Member since: 14 May 2012)
WP needs to grow... Hopefully people see that WP8 is a great OS in 2013.
6. XperiaUser (unregistered)
what about task killer . i don't think it is useful ,and what about whatsapp it is not in top 10
8. jroc74 (Posts: 5595; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I was thinking the same thing about task killer. Thats 9 million ppl that, if not used right, caused more problems with the task killer than made things better.
I keep hearing you have to use a task killer right for it to be effective. I just never used one based on advice and reading.
9. Aeires (unregistered)
Exactly, Android has that feature built in. The only type of task killer I use is Watchdog because it monitors actual CPU usage, not memory use. Lately even it hasn't given me any alerts since the recent Android updates.