Nexus Prime User Agent Profile shows sad WVGA screen
0. phoneArena posted on 06 Sep 2011, 16:55
Samsung has released the User Agent Profile for the Nexus Prime, and it confirms a number of the rumors about the hardware inside the new device, but one strange part of the listing shows just a XVGA screen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Joshing4fun posted on 06 Sep 2011, 17:12 9 5
If the Nexus Prime has a WVGA screen I will give up on Android.
30. Sam (unregistered) posted on 06 Sep 2011, 19:59 5 1
Mr. Miz, your avatar is mildly disturbing.
42. The_Miz posted on 06 Sep 2011, 21:05 1 0
Get over it.
54. UltraElectroMagneticPOP posted on 07 Sep 2011, 05:13 4 0
@The_Miz did you really change your avatar because of what @Sam posted?
If it was the case, that would be kind of.. uhm.. amusing. Having others' opinions affect you.. LOL
63. The_Miz posted on 07 Sep 2011, 13:03 1 2
I change my avatar when I damn well feel like it. I don't care what a bunch of Andrones on PA says about my avatars lol
41. The_Miz posted on 06 Sep 2011, 21:05 3 1
ur just mad because an app can't make up for what you don't have.
45. Thump3rDX17 posted on 06 Sep 2011, 21:11 0 1
isn't that kind of like comfort food? doesn't comfort food eventually make you fat and unhealthy? i like a fast, muscular phone not a slow phone with a fat belly full of dumb apps.
51. ilia1986 posted on 07 Sep 2011, 00:20 0 0
Joshing4fun have you forgotten about the Samsung Note? Who cares if it's called a Prime or not a Prime. Look at the freaking Samsung Note! Ever since this thing got announced I was like "Nexus prime? What nexus prime?".
Can't wait for the Note to be upgraded to ICS. And Overclocked. >:D
64. The_Miz posted on 07 Sep 2011, 13:04 0 2
Are you grasping at straws here?
67. Thump3rDX17 posted on 07 Sep 2011, 13:14 0 0
i have no idea what you're talking about guy.
86. The_Miz posted on 08 Sep 2011, 16:24 0 1
That's because you were grasping at straws, typical copout trick used by Android fans
56. remixfa posted on 07 Sep 2011, 06:23 1 0
and what is that exactly?
we can all see your library of apps didnt give you any common sense, comeback ability, or the ability to stop posting homoerotic wrestling pictures.
65. The_Miz posted on 07 Sep 2011, 13:05 0 0
Gee, no wonder you're so bitter. I would be to if the jimmy below didn't exist.
73. remixfa posted on 07 Sep 2011, 15:21 1 0
wow, your comebacks are worse than normal today miz.. and thats saying something..
ok, imma give you a do-over for free. try again, and this time make it ZING!
87. The_Miz posted on 08 Sep 2011, 16:28 0 0
Hey it's not my fault if you don't have a manhood. I mean, there's really nothing I can do lol.
77. ilia1986 posted on 07 Sep 2011, 15:33 0 0
As one fine individual said a long time ago:
Miz, I bet you're the kind of guy that would f|_|ck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around.
88. The_Miz posted on 08 Sep 2011, 16:28 1 0
Wow, which village lost their idiot?
52. IdontUnderstand (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 01:51 0 0
Aren't Arm 11 soc slower than Arm Cortex Line?
61. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 07 Sep 2011, 12:45 1 0
The article is very informative, but there should be some level of professionalism. The author of this article should not use the word ubernerds. The author should not be talking like the bloggers of this site. Just an opinion. He sounds like he is 14 years old, not an adult who is doing a job. I feel like the author is belittling PhoneArena.com by presenting news like a blogger would. There should be some separation there. He should be providing news in a professional adult manner.
2. Goldeneye posted on 06 Sep 2011, 17:12 0 0
No way Google allow a Nexus branded device to be not less than high end
3. zuno gyakusatsu posted on 06 Sep 2011, 17:16 7 19
they already do that by putting android on it.
15. zuno gyakusatsu posted on 06 Sep 2011, 17:58 5 2
english please, idiot.
49. PzykoSkillz posted on 06 Sep 2011, 22:39 1 0
In English, the names of languages are always capitalized.
19. The_Miz posted on 06 Sep 2011, 18:11 3 4
LOL, ZING!!! That was pure gold. Lol, put that on a bumper sticker and sell it.
43. The_Miz posted on 06 Sep 2011, 21:07 4 0
So is your mother.
47. cheetah2k posted on 06 Sep 2011, 21:14 3 0
Wow, someone needs a cuddle lol
66. The_Miz posted on 07 Sep 2011, 13:06 1 0
Or a diaper change and a bottle.
50. Mario1017 posted on 06 Sep 2011, 23:48 0 0
Lol you are stupid. Google owns and updates android. its theirs
7. clevername posted on 06 Sep 2011, 17:23 1 0
Wait a minute goldeneye...you're saying there's no way Google will allow it to be high end. Be careful of those double negatives.
9. Commentator posted on 06 Sep 2011, 17:31 3 0
OR he intentionally did that as a way to trick zuno into saying that they make it high-end by putting Android on it...
14. clevername posted on 06 Sep 2011, 17:58 1 0
Oh wow someone trying to start a flame war was dumb enough to get cought by it. Lol zuno=TROLL FAIL! lmao! Lolz@zuno
16. zuno gyakusatsu posted on 06 Sep 2011, 18:00 0 7
Dont get your hopes up, Hes just an idiot with horrible grammar. Your typical android user. A soul mate for you apperently.
36. Thump3rDX17 posted on 06 Sep 2011, 20:50 4 0
you know there's like 7 examples of incorrect grammar in that short comment of yours right?
22. Galen20K posted on 06 Sep 2011, 18:25 1 1
no they wouldn't allow that to happen to our beloved "Nexus" line but they sure would let it happen to the sub-par verizon "Droid" line. #truth
23. Galen20K posted on 06 Sep 2011, 18:27 1 2
they're saving the SUPER high end specs for the Nexus, while the Droid gets the left over last gen parts.
48. Lumpia91791 (unregistered) posted on 06 Sep 2011, 21:30 1 0
Really? No Less than high end? Did you remember to specs of the Nexus S?
"CNET criticized the lack of 720p video recording, HDMI output and external (SD Card) memory support. CNET also criticized the "rather fragile" feel of the phone, the lack of LED notifications, and the few new features over the Nexus One"
Nexus showcases the latest OS period.
4. Galen20K posted on 06 Sep 2011, 17:18 5 6
Only the Droid Prime will have WVGA whereas the "real" Nexus Prime for T-Mobile /others will have HD resolution.
25. idgaf posted on 06 Sep 2011, 19:01 0 0
oh you didnt hear? hell is having an ice age lol
33. remixfa posted on 06 Sep 2011, 20:27 0 0
on the off chance that the screen resolution is the major difference (i doubt it, i think they will be near identical), that would be total fail on VZWs part.. lol
thats as big as a fail as if a carrier launched an SGS2 without exynos (cough cough Tmo maybe!)
40. Thump3rDX17 posted on 06 Sep 2011, 20:59 0 0
i don't see why there wouldn't be an HD Screen on the Verizon version unless they think the extra pixels and LTE connectivity will drain the battery too significantly which if that is the case it would confirm a concern that i've had with these new Verizon bound Super Phones we're hearing about lately like the Vigor and the Prime. i don't think better screen resolution is really such a big deal after having WVGA and qHD especially not at the cost of battery life.
57. remixfa posted on 07 Sep 2011, 06:28 0 0
with the low power draws of SA+ I dont think that would be a problem. From my understanding the biggest drainage is the LTE chip which is why u dont see too many super powered dual core LTE phones yet.. then again who knows.
More than likely they are just trying to cover their tracks and hide the true resolution.
72. Thump3rDX17 posted on 07 Sep 2011, 13:54 0 0
while screen technology is advancing and becoming more efficient i don't see the same thing happening for batteries. after the power saving properties of the HD SA+ screen wouldn't that just bring it closer to the level of a regular qHD screen in power consumption? that was even a factor in Motorola having to go back to the drawing board to make the Bionic more power friendly and if Samsung does as good a job as Motorola has with their LTE Super Phone then that should be fine but what does that say about phones like the Vigor and possibly the Revolution 2 that'll use a regular variety of HD screens?
74. remixfa posted on 07 Sep 2011, 15:26 0 0
no no, SA+ is way beyond LCD based solutions like QHD for power draw. Ya gotta remember, android is being built with a preference for Super Amoled screens now. On Amoled, black turns the pixel off completely giving it "pure black", "infinite contrast", and that pixel draws no power what so ever. Since gingerbread, updates have kept that in mind. ICS should only make that distinction even more great.
If your not doing something that is turning the screen bright white, like traditional mobile browsing, SA+ draws far less power than anything else. The good thing is that most browsers and apps give you a "dark" or "black" option for the background to help save that battery.
I can tell u for sure i prefer reading white text on a black background.. its much less eye strain that way.
79. Thump3rDX17 posted on 07 Sep 2011, 16:24 0 0
oh yeah i understand that but that's only in some instances. SA+ with HD resolution is going to draw more power than SA+ with WVGA and maybe regular qHD and it's not going to help being on phones with enough features to make it struggle for power anyway is what i'm trying to say.
82. remixfa posted on 07 Sep 2011, 21:46 0 0
i could go with that. :)
8. Tmachaveli posted on 06 Sep 2011, 17:31 1 3
phonearena give me facts i hate when you guys do this not cool at all i wait intill sammy gives me the lowdown on the phone
10. SweetHeartBabie (unregistered) posted on 06 Sep 2011, 17:34 1 0
If Verizon does not pick up the droid that has the super Amoled HD screan then I am leaving them!!! This is bull crap if that happens because I have been with Verizon for 10 years and us loyal customers deserve the top of the line smart phone like all the other carriers are getting!!!!
11. wowlawls (unregistered) posted on 06 Sep 2011, 17:44 5 0
if the droid prime doenst get the HD resolution than clearly i'll get the HTC Vigor hands down..
13. jinwons posted on 06 Sep 2011, 17:53 0 3
This is misinfo that leaked a few weeks ago and phonearena just picked up it again to make headline. Don't get fooled by this. All other sources are saying its HD.
20. The_Miz posted on 06 Sep 2011, 18:12 3 5
Look at that, the Android fans swarming around another subpar Android phone.
21. Themizisstupid (unregistered) posted on 06 Sep 2011, 18:24 4 2
Are up a retard or just ignorant? The iphone specs don't compare with the nexus prime. Neither does any blackberry. All your comments have been completely useless. Why are you here anyway? Also you need to change your profile picture from those half naked guys!
24. whatDidItellyouKid (unregistered) posted on 06 Sep 2011, 18:34 4 3
honestly Miz would you get a life already everything you say is so dumb and waste of time... no one cares what you have to say honest truth kid.
loLyoumad b/c YABLOW KID
Thumbs up if you agree !
34. remixfa posted on 06 Sep 2011, 20:28 2 2
dude, MetroPCS called, and they said u need to up the i5 specs.. its not good enough to be on their line up..
subpar android phone = 5 generations ahead of iphone.
44. The_Miz posted on 06 Sep 2011, 21:09 1 1
LOL, like the opinion of a subpar regional carrier with severely poor coverage can talk.
46. Thump3rDX17 posted on 06 Sep 2011, 21:13 2 0
it should if they don't want the phone you want them to have on their line-up. that's the funny. :3