Nexus Prime User Agent Profile shows sad WVGA screen
1. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1047; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
If the Nexus Prime has a WVGA screen I will give up on Android.
30. Sam (unregistered)
Mr. Miz, your avatar is mildly disturbing.
54. UltraElectroMagneticPOP (Posts: 49; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
@The_Miz did you really change your avatar because of what @Sam posted?
If it was the case, that would be kind of.. uhm.. amusing. Having others' opinions affect you.. LOL
63. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
I change my avatar when I damn well feel like it. I don't care what a bunch of Andrones on PA says about my avatars lol
32. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ur just mad because u can barely see yours. :)
41. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
ur just mad because an app can't make up for what you don't have.
45. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
isn't that kind of like comfort food? doesn't comfort food eventually make you fat and unhealthy? i like a fast, muscular phone not a slow phone with a fat belly full of dumb apps.
51. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Joshing4fun have you forgotten about the Samsung Note? Who cares if it's called a Prime or not a Prime. Look at the freaking Samsung Note! Ever since this thing got announced I was like "Nexus prime? What nexus prime?".
Can't wait for the Note to be upgraded to ICS. And Overclocked. >:D
67. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i have no idea what you're talking about guy.
86. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
That's because you were grasping at straws, typical copout trick used by Android fans
56. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
and what is that exactly?
we can all see your library of apps didnt give you any common sense, comeback ability, or the ability to stop posting homoerotic wrestling pictures.
65. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Gee, no wonder you're so bitter. I would be to if the jimmy below didn't exist.
73. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
wow, your comebacks are worse than normal today miz.. and thats saying something..
ok, imma give you a do-over for free. try again, and this time make it ZING!
87. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Hey it's not my fault if you don't have a manhood. I mean, there's really nothing I can do lol.
77. ilia1986 (unregistered)
As one fine individual said a long time ago:
Miz, I bet you're the kind of guy that would f|_|ck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around.
52. IdontUnderstand (unregistered)
Aren't Arm 11 soc slower than Arm Cortex Line?
61. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4000; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
The article is very informative, but there should be some level of professionalism. The author of this article should not use the word ubernerds. The author should not be talking like the bloggers of this site. Just an opinion. He sounds like he is 14 years old, not an adult who is doing a job. I feel like the author is belittling PhoneArena.com by presenting news like a blogger would. There should be some separation there. He should be providing news in a professional adult manner.
2. Goldeneye (Posts: 353; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
No way Google allow a Nexus branded device to be not less than high end
3. zuno gyakusatsu (Posts: 257; Member since: 16 Mar 2010)
they already do that by putting android on it.
49. PzykoSkillz (Posts: 7; Member since: 29 Aug 2011)
In English, the names of languages are always capitalized.
19. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
LOL, ZING!!! That was pure gold. Lol, put that on a bumper sticker and sell it.
50. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Lol you are stupid. Google owns and updates android. its theirs
7. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Wait a minute goldeneye...you're saying there's no way Google will allow it to be high end. Be careful of those double negatives.
9. Commentator (Posts: 2394; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
OR he intentionally did that as a way to trick zuno into saying that they make it high-end by putting Android on it...
14. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Oh wow someone trying to start a flame war was dumb enough to get cought by it. Lol zuno=TROLL FAIL! lmao! Lolz@zuno
16. zuno gyakusatsu (Posts: 257; Member since: 16 Mar 2010)
Dont get your hopes up, Hes just an idiot with horrible grammar. Your typical android user. A soul mate for you apperently.
36. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
you know there's like 7 examples of incorrect grammar in that short comment of yours right?
22. Galen20K (Posts: 512; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
no they wouldn't allow that to happen to our beloved "Nexus" line but they sure would let it happen to the sub-par verizon "Droid" line. #truth
23. Galen20K (Posts: 512; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
they're saving the SUPER high end specs for the Nexus, while the Droid gets the left over last gen parts.
48. Lumpia91791 (unregistered)
Really? No Less than high end? Did you remember to specs of the Nexus S?
"CNET criticized the lack of 720p video recording, HDMI output and external (SD Card) memory support. CNET also criticized the "rather fragile" feel of the phone, the lack of LED notifications, and the few new features over the Nexus One"
Nexus showcases the latest OS period.
4. Galen20K (Posts: 512; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
Only the Droid Prime will have WVGA whereas the "real" Nexus Prime for T-Mobile /others will have HD resolution.
25. idgaf (Posts: 31; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
oh you didnt hear? hell is having an ice age lol
33. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
on the off chance that the screen resolution is the major difference (i doubt it, i think they will be near identical), that would be total fail on VZWs part.. lol
thats as big as a fail as if a carrier launched an SGS2 without exynos (cough cough Tmo maybe!)
40. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i don't see why there wouldn't be an HD Screen on the Verizon version unless they think the extra pixels and LTE connectivity will drain the battery too significantly which if that is the case it would confirm a concern that i've had with these new Verizon bound Super Phones we're hearing about lately like the Vigor and the Prime. i don't think better screen resolution is really such a big deal after having WVGA and qHD especially not at the cost of battery life.
57. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
with the low power draws of SA+ I dont think that would be a problem. From my understanding the biggest drainage is the LTE chip which is why u dont see too many super powered dual core LTE phones yet.. then again who knows.
More than likely they are just trying to cover their tracks and hide the true resolution.
72. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
while screen technology is advancing and becoming more efficient i don't see the same thing happening for batteries. after the power saving properties of the HD SA+ screen wouldn't that just bring it closer to the level of a regular qHD screen in power consumption? that was even a factor in Motorola having to go back to the drawing board to make the Bionic more power friendly and if Samsung does as good a job as Motorola has with their LTE Super Phone then that should be fine but what does that say about phones like the Vigor and possibly the Revolution 2 that'll use a regular variety of HD screens?
74. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no no, SA+ is way beyond LCD based solutions like QHD for power draw. Ya gotta remember, android is being built with a preference for Super Amoled screens now. On Amoled, black turns the pixel off completely giving it "pure black", "infinite contrast", and that pixel draws no power what so ever. Since gingerbread, updates have kept that in mind. ICS should only make that distinction even more great.
If your not doing something that is turning the screen bright white, like traditional mobile browsing, SA+ draws far less power than anything else. The good thing is that most browsers and apps give you a "dark" or "black" option for the background to help save that battery.
I can tell u for sure i prefer reading white text on a black background.. its much less eye strain that way.
79. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
oh yeah i understand that but that's only in some instances. SA+ with HD resolution is going to draw more power than SA+ with WVGA and maybe regular qHD and it's not going to help being on phones with enough features to make it struggle for power anyway is what i'm trying to say.
8. Tmachaveli (Posts: 425; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
phonearena give me facts i hate when you guys do this not cool at all i wait intill sammy gives me the lowdown on the phone
10. SweetHeartBabie (unregistered)
If Verizon does not pick up the droid that has the super Amoled HD screan then I am leaving them!!! This is bull crap if that happens because I have been with Verizon for 10 years and us loyal customers deserve the top of the line smart phone like all the other carriers are getting!!!!
11. wowlawls (unregistered)
if the droid prime doenst get the HD resolution than clearly i'll get the HTC Vigor hands down..
13. jinwons (Posts: 93; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
This is misinfo that leaked a few weeks ago and phonearena just picked up it again to make headline. Don't get fooled by this. All other sources are saying its HD.
20. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Look at that, the Android fans swarming around another subpar Android phone.
21. Themizisstupid (unregistered)
Are up a retard or just ignorant? The iphone specs don't compare with the nexus prime. Neither does any blackberry. All your comments have been completely useless. Why are you here anyway? Also you need to change your profile picture from those half naked guys!
24. whatDidItellyouKid (unregistered)
honestly Miz would you get a life already everything you say is so dumb and waste of time... no one cares what you have to say honest truth kid.
loLyoumad b/c YABLOW KID
Thumbs up if you agree !
34. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
dude, MetroPCS called, and they said u need to up the i5 specs.. its not good enough to be on their line up..
subpar android phone = 5 generations ahead of iphone.
44. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
LOL, like the opinion of a subpar regional carrier with severely poor coverage can talk.
46. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
it should if they don't want the phone you want them to have on their line-up. that's the funny. :3