Nexus One stands up to the iPhone, more pictures, more video, more fun!
This article contains unofficial information.
1. barmalei (Posts: 20; Member since: 08 Dec 2009)
Nexus One certainly looks great from the point of view of functionality, speed, display responsiveness, etc., and Android is, no doubt, a highly promising platform. However, I find the overall design of the phone somewhat uninspiring, and the UI is simply not nearly as attractive as HTC's Sense or the iPhone (I am not an Apple fan at all) - from the little icons on top and the robot pictogram to the fonts and different screens. Maybe it's my subjective opinion, but I think that in order to reach out to a wider audience (not just geeks) Google needs to work some more on visual appeal. Otherwise, glad to see another quality phone on the U.S. market that normally falls behind the rest of the world.
3. saneok (Posts: 76; Member since: 01 Oct 2009)
oh and, are u Russian? your screen name looks Russian...
6. barmalei (Posts: 20; Member since: 08 Dec 2009)
Yes, Saneok! BTW, the upcoming SE Xperia X10 solved the problem of unattractive Android UI with it's own beautiful interface, and it's one of the reasons I am leaning more towards X10 than Nexus. As for Nexon's exterior, it's still a lot more aesthetically appealing than Samsungs and Palm with their cheap-looking glossy plastics.
4. anthonybmancini (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 Apr 2009)
is that the hero, or possibly passion for verizon? hmm..
5. T-Money3000 (Posts: 244; Member since: 15 Dec 2007)
So now I'm dizzy.... that vid sucked but the phone looked cool.
7. mcmkone (Posts: 54; Member since: 24 Mar 2009)
I can't say that i'm not liking the 2.1 firmware on the nexus all i want to see next is what Sony Ericsson do with it on the X10?
9. fsjon (Posts: 119; Member since: 03 Sep 2009)
I'm sure someone will port 2.1 to the SE x10 once that's released. IMO, I still have a feeling the shell on the x10 will be very slow despite having the 1gzh processor (maybe not enough ram??).
11. shgam2 (Posts: 42; Member since: 08 Sep 2009)
Browsing is so much smoother on iPhone. Why can't there be any device that is as smooth as the iPhone??
13. simplyj (Posts: 402; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
You mother is as smooth as the iPhone. Oh, and so is the Motorola Droid.
14. E.N. (Posts: 2216; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Smoother? I think you guys need to watch that video again. That guy was seriously having problems with that web browser.
15. deschats (Posts: 193; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
its like they purposely make every picture blurry. wtf, we know what it looks like you dont need to shake the camera while taking.
17. cardoman (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Baaahh Hum Bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the hardware looks like s**t, I agree with barmalei...for me my phone has to look the part as well as perform great, SE seems to be on the right course with the X10 it's a beautiful and attractive phone with some great specs.
18. icesick06 (Posts: 28; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
I have android 2.1(flan) on my droid. A little flaky for me but thats to be expected when its an unofficial release ported from a different phone. Overall, do like the new app menu look as well as the gallery. Still would like a better audio/video player :(