Nexus 8 rumors debunked again, the V510 is a Google Play Edition LG G Pad 8.3
0. phoneArena 10 Dec 2013, 11:09 posted on
There have been a few leaks of an 8.3-inch tablet by LG that many have been hoping would turn out to be a new Nexus 8, but those hopes appear to have been in vain. New information has come directly from LG itself that seem to indicate that the tablet we've seen (model LG-V510) is not a new Nexus device, but the next best thing: a Google Play Edition of the LG G Pad 8.3...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. shead202 (Posts: 16; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Still no LTE version of this yet? Sigh. That's something I'd look forward to in terms of tablet.
7. orca99 (Posts: 80; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
An LTE version will be released following the wifi version (at least in Korea). Depending on the sales result, LG may expand the market to international (according to a Korean media).
2. jellmoo (Posts: 358; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
A perfectly sized tablet with nice specs and a strong build unburdened by the horror show that is LG's skin? Very nice indeed!
3. lallolu (Posts: 203; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
Google play edition is enough for me; it would have been best if the device was a nexus but anyhow...
I was having doubts about buying the LG tab but now I am sure I will buy it (this edition anyway).
4. shead202 (Posts: 16; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Also, I'm sorry for the newbie question but what's the difference between a normal version and a google play version? Does the google play version stay updated with whatever the latest update is with Android?
9. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2604; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Google Play Edition has stock Android, no manufacturer software, and does get Android updates much faster.
5. __Toprak__ (Posts: 6; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
An 8" Nexus device would be perfect actually.. I have a Nexus 7 (2012), size is enough but 8 will be better.
8. Tuxedo (Posts: 93; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Even better than Nexus then since it will have uSD. Sweet.
10. nkidd (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
I'm a bit new to these...how would it have been any better (or different) if it was a Nexus product rather than just a LG google play edition product if LG was going to create it either way?