Nexus 7 (2013) may be available through Verizon on February 13th
1. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Lol people are still waiting? It's 100% clear that Verizon is stonewalling to sell their home grown and overpriced Mediatek powered Elipsis 7 tab.
5. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
The Ellipsis 7 is FREE ATM how is that overpriced?
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
All this guy does is troll without knowing anything. I would be surprised if anyone took him seriously.
20. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
This will be my only acknowledgement of your existence ever Smurf.
I don't feed trolls. If I'm wrong. Call me on it. Like a man does.
23. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I would prove you wrong, but looks like someone else did with comment #21.
19. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
FREE. WITH 2 year agreement to the most expensive carrier. For a tablet equal to what you can buy for $100 at Walmart.
21. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
The Tablet that you buy for $100 at Walmart doesn't have an LTE transceiver in it. BIG difference. And I guess $10 a month for Tablet service really breaks the bank. I feel sorry for you....
25. hurrycanger (Posts: 884; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Sure $10 won't break the bank. It won't give you any data either. ;)
27. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
You're still paying for that service. Its on your overpriced family plan.
The $10 is just an arbitrary fee they created to make more money off you.
If you don't know how Verizon pricing works than by all means throw your money away. They get everything you saved and then some back by the high pricing of the data plans and forcing unlimted talk and text down your throats.
Oh, the Ellipsis 7 is $250 off contract. That's what it really costs after they gouge you for service. Could be even more since the On-contract option is far more appealing.
3. daltonadale (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
I work for a Verizon retailer and can confirm this. As of right now I am able to order them for accounts.
7. eN16HTMAR3 (Posts: 104; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Im in the same boat as you. The issue I see is that the retail on that device is 400.00 and you can buy it GSM unlocked, 32GB for 349.00 on the Goggle Play Website. Granted you cant use that on Verizon, but they should have the same pricing. On contract, its 299.99. Why would you ever sign a 2yr. agreement when you should be able to spend fifty more and not have a contract at all. Epic failure on Verizons part.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Especially when the iPad Mini is almost in the same price range.
15. eN16HTMAR3 (Posts: 104; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Exactly. Im not into Apple Products, but when the price is so close. Why would a customer that dosent know any better go with the Nexus vs. iPad Mini.
17. eN16HTMAR3 (Posts: 104; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Sorry to sound bias. If a customer wants a iPad thats fine.
12. milesboy5 (Posts: 142; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Any word on verizon and the Nexus 5? Just curious because if Verizon and Google are allowing the Nexus 7 to run on Verizon's network why not the Nexus 5.
22. daltonadale (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
The reason that the Nexus in more recent years had not come to Verizon is not because of Verizon, but because Google has not wanted to build a model after the Galaxy Nexus fiasco. Understandably so. However, Verizon has improved their update policies extensively.
4. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 377; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Just in time for it to be irrelevant!
How about giving us the Nexus 5, or even better, the new Nexii when they launch.
6. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Hopefully if this happens we will see other Nexus devices on Big Red like the Nexus 5.
14. milesboy5 (Posts: 142; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
I would love for that to happen...right now I am rocking the Moto X on Verizon but I would abandon that if the Nexus 5 came along
18. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Yeah, I have a Red Droid Ultra and I would definitely switch to the Nexus 5 if the Re done was released on Verizon.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7616; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Who wants to bet it'll take Verizon 7 months to push Android 5.0 after it's been released?
13. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
They were on top of the Motorola updates to the Moto X and to the Droids, so things may be changing for them in that respect. But, I still gave you a +1 because that cracked me up.
16. ryan5609 (Posts: 97; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
I left Verizon because of S#*T like this. It took VZW over 7 MONTHS to get this device out on their network. Those dreaming of a Nexus 5 on Verizon better not hold their breath, I would bank on the Nexus 6 releasing before VZW gets the Nexus 5, which will probably never happen.
24. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Lol thankfully we don't have a bs carrier like verizon, after half a year you may finally officially be able to get verizon data on your nexus 7.. How they get away with crap I will never know.
28. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Corporations own American government so they can do whatever they want.