Nexus 5 to launch on Sprint November 8th priced at $150 on contract; T-Mobile also will get the device
T-Mobile has also announced that it will be carrying the Nexus 5 at "an affordable price". The nation's fourth largest carrier wouldn't give a precise launch date and would only confirm that the phone will be available in the coming weeks. The Nexus 5 will also be available for those signed up to the carrier's early upgrade program, T-Mobile JUMP!
As we've already told you this afternoon, don't look for the Nexus 5 on Verizon, because it won't be coming to Big Red.
1. DaHarder (Posts: 175; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
Given that the Nexus 5 starts at only US 349.00, it seems a bit silly to buy it one on any kind of 'contract'/payment plan.
To Each Their Own.
Regardless... The Nexus 5 looks like a serious contender for the Best Smartphone Title.
8. JunitoNH (Posts: 1294; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
agree, if you buy a Nexus, it does not make any sense to get it through a carrier. Why not just get the real thing? LG G2 or/and S4. Now, if you buy an unlocked, you mainly have two choices, T-Mobile and AT&T. T-Mobile sux, so now your stuck again, with AT&T. Mainly, the advantage is having stock Android.
2. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 6743; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I think the best phone title is already taken
3. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Apple fanboys trying to start flame wars as usual.
5. DaHarder (Posts: 175; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
Well... You might want to reconsider doing any 'thinking' in the future as it's clearly not your forte.
Nexus 5 has the look, the build, the ergonomics, the display size/resolution, the features, and the OS capabilities to easily overtake whatever micro-sized 'thing' you might be storing in those silly 'Hipster' skinny jeans of yours.
6. GeekMovement (Posts: 1945; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
For a device so low priced without contract, I wouldn't be paying $150 on contract for this device. $99, maybe, $49 definitely.
7. AdamLeonard (Posts: 46; Member since: 24 Aug 2011)
The question is whether the phone is tri-band with support for Sprint's new "Spark" tech that uses 800, 1900, and 2500 MHz
9. Xavier1415 (Posts: 24; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
Now that the Nexus 5 is official, it is time to start checking out the places where you might make the actual purchase. Sprint will be launching the handset on November 8th at a price of $150 on contract for the 16GB variant. Pre-orders begin tomorrow. A software update down the road will make the Nexus 5 compatible with the tri-band LTE connectivity of Sprint Spark.
Yes it will be Spark compatible!
11. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Wonder if that same software update will come to the N5s that were purchased from the Play Store? Really won't change where I get it from since I already ordered via the Play Store.
13. AdamLeonard (Posts: 46; Member since: 24 Aug 2011)
I wasn't sure because when you look at the specs on the Google Play page, it doesn't list 800MHz.
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/19
LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41
18. lsutigers (Posts: 813; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
If you read the article it clearly states the Nexus 5 will receive a software update to enable the Sprint Spark service.
20. AdamLeonard (Posts: 46; Member since: 24 Aug 2011)
Wow - if that was there originally, i completely missed it. There was a flood of about 20 N5 posts that all came out in a 10 minute span yesterday and I must not have read them closely enough.
12. TheRequiem (Posts: 228; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
Yeah, Nexus 5 with Sprint Spark! Count me in!!
14. Bridgep0rt (Posts: 37; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
So My question is.. Can I buy one, off contract for sprint for 349.00?
16. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7036; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I'm still curious how does Sprint offer NEXUS 5 when it doesn't use a SIM CARD
19. lsutigers (Posts: 813; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
All new Sprint LTE phones have SIM cards bro. Same with VZW.
21. HnT8906 (Posts: 10; Member since: 18 Oct 2013)
plzzzzzzzzz can anyone tell me when it ll be available in india..????