Nexus 5 system info screenshots emerge, rehash top shelf specs and 12 GB user-available memory
0. phoneArena 08 Oct 2013, 07:32 posted on
A couple of Android system Info app screenshots have been grabbed from a Google Nexus 5 running Android 4.4 KitKat again, listing the specs from the alleged source itself...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sergiobr (Posts: 271; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Let´s see the camera performance in low light , and the camera sensor size.
12. PootisMan (Posts: 174; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Seriously, so many details have been leaked on this phone already. Where's the damn phone Google! LoL!
5. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4675; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's not official yet, so it's still called a Nexus 5.
6. NexusPhan (Posts: 318; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
I'm still 50/50 on this. Could easily go either way. But if it is Nexus 5, we'll see it stay as Nexus 5 for a while (Nexus 5 (2014) ...)
18. 14545 (Posts: 975; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
If it is a 5 inch phone, then calling it a nexus 4 wouldn't continue to make sense. It will probably called the Nexus 5 with each subsequent thereafter being named the same with the (20xx edition).
20. greenmunky (Posts: 10; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
There is no reason for them to call it the Nexus 4 (2013). The only reason they did that with the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 is because the form factor didn't change. Since this is going to be the 5th iteration of the Nexus phone and it has a 5" screen, the logical assumption would be that they would call it the Nexus 5... imho
22. NexusPhan (Posts: 318; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Form factor didn't change much here either. Nexus 4 has a 4.7" screen and the nexus 4 (2013) has a 4.96" screen. Only time will tell.
28. Avenger337 (Posts: 59; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
The nexus 4 came out in late 2012 and already has nearly a year on the market. The Nexus 5 will be out in a couple of weeks before they finalize the year
3. VJo003 (Posts: 314; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
Are are going to be any pre-orders made available by google?
7. NexusPhan (Posts: 318; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Google doesn't do pre-orders from what I recall. You just buy it when it's available and they'll give you an estimated ship time based on availability.
9. NexusPhan (Posts: 318; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Not gonna happen. PA should not have posted that previous article. It was wrong. We have exactly 0 evidence to back that rumor up other than their anonymous tipster.
8. AfterShock (Posts: 931; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Phone in my hands, last year's nexus, less then three weeks old to me and I'm already jones'n for this...
14. nicknowsky (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
Me too I got a new nexus 4 sitting here..I haven't used it yet..gonna sell it now while value is still there on Craigslist
11. nicknowsky (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
I'm not gonna open the nexus 4 I got sitting here...if the specs hold true ill be getting it. Camera is the deal breaker if its as good as listed...it's a go
13. nicknowsky (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
The only conflicted reports I've read is nanoSIM and now MicroSIM
15. deathgod (Posts: 104; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
16GB? Cmon Google, my Nexus S was 16GB, my Galaxy Nexus is 16GB, why not start at 32GB since you don't have expandable storage. You make progress in other areas, so why not internal storage?
26. GTR722 (Posts: 206; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Google is stuck on 2007....and no Google, you cloud sucks.
29. sprockkets (Posts: 857; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Your galaxy s and GNEX didn't cost you $300 brand new either.
16. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1026; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Why is there no mention of why it is maroon in the picture! There's different colors?
17. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
I want to like the new Nexus, but 12GB without expansion is a deal breaker.
If there is a 32GB with 28GB usable for $350 I MIGHT bite just for the price.
I got my niece the first Nexus 7 and was able to use the Stickmount app to expand her storage, If that is possible on the new Nexus 28GB usable will be hard to pass up @ $350
19. Android4Ever (Posts: 85; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
This phone "sounds" awesome BUT only 12gigs of useable storage + no expandable memory is a automatic deal breaker for me. After you download a few large apps and take a bunch of pics you're screwed. Cloud storage is WAY to expensive! I'll pass on this "pure bland experience"...
21. greenmunky (Posts: 10; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
I agree... if there's no expandable storage option, there needs to be a 32GB model. I'm really hoping that this screen grab was taken from a 16GB version of the phone, with a 32GB version (and mayhaps a 64GB version... in the land of makebelieve) that will be available as well. If 16GB is the only option, I may have to go with the Moto X once MotoMaker is available on VZW.
23. ucandisqusthis (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
just depends on how you use your phone. When I take pics, they upload to google+ in the bg, don't need em on the phone. I stream any music I want to hear, movies from netflix etc. honestly, i've been using this 16gb S4 without a single thought to storage space for several months. just checked,still have 6GB free despite tons of apps and never worrying about it.
So while I agree an SD card slot or 32GB model would be nice for some people, it really would make no difference at all to me. I guess google is assuming there are enough folks with usage patterns similar to mine that the 16gb model will sell?
24. puckhead (Posts: 76; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
16 isn't bad. I have 8 on my Nexus7 and that's not enough. I could def get by with 16 on my phone by using the cloud.
Can't forget they are trying to keep the price down as low as possible.
25. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 692; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
where is 32gb and 3000mah?hope the phone still have this spec..