Nexus 5 round-up: 5 awesome new features, release date, price, specs and all we know so far
0. phoneArena 31 Oct 2013, 02:19 posted on
We’ve seen it all - the Galaxy Note 3, all new Android flagships, the new iPhones, and there is just one more big thing to surprise us this year - the Nexus 5…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
120. Mizraab (Posts: 26; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
two things i dont like
Battery = 2300mAh (should have been atleast 3000mAh)
No SDCard option
135. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
I don´t know if anybody noticed that, but the google search bar appears to be integrated in the notification bar which is transparent now
137. Android4Ever (Posts: 86; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
I was pretty much sold until I found out that the battery is a tiny 2300mAh battery and its not removable. Oh well, ill wait for the Galaxy S5 or SJ or SF next year. Pretty solid phone for the most part but removable battery is a must for my lifestyle. It looks like its me and my trusty S4 until Q1 2014...
138. Alexgee (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Oct 2013)
Okay can someone explain to me why is this phone 350 $ with the specs of a 700 $ phone? 5" screen 443ppi(galaxy s4) snapdragon 800 (galaxy note 3) (2.3ghz) & 2gb of ram (lg g2) and it will be the first device with android (kit kat 4.4). Im a current samsung s3 user and i beleive it time to move to a newer model. I love the specs of this one but the price is just not making me be go 100% on it.
139. dorianb (Posts: 600; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
From an aesthetics standpoint I think the Nexus 5 is the most attractive of the last three in the series.
140. krzysiek100 (Posts: 8; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
PHONE THAT TOOK THE PICTURE IS WHITE !!!!!
141. sergiobr (Posts: 711; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Jus waiting for good camera samples to buy it.
142. freebee269 (Posts: 539; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
i hope this 8mp ois camera isnt as bad at low light shots and low light videos as lg g2 is. i was disappointed with lg g2's low light capability, especially videos in low light. they are not good at all. hopefully the nexus 5 does better. but i doubt it will since it's an 8mp camera and the lg g2 is 13mp. but i'm keeping my hopes up. no sd card slot on nexus 5 is a negative to me also, especially if you get the 8gb version.
143. Allfonefan (Posts: 4; Member since: 06 Sep 2013)
Would love to get a nexus to ensure getting those speedy android updates but I gotta wait on the battery tests.
144. mgtico (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Oct 2013)
I feel like if I'm going to spend over $300 I would just buy the note 3
147. victory_zhou (Posts: 40; Member since: 03 Oct 2013)
Hold on guys, what if there is another extra battery (maybe smaller size but at least 1500mah) in the pack? Then total will be 4000mah. I remember samsung has once done this and that phone's sale was very good. Well hope so.
148. Adana (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 Oct 2013)
I´m really excited about Nexus 5, especially because it comes with Android 4.4 KitKat. Can´t wait to try it :)
149. shahrooz (Posts: 760; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
OH MY GOD GIVE ME MY NEXU5 ALREADY!!! why are you letting nokia and apple pollute my mind just announce it and release it then I will be done with mobile phones for some time...
153. E.S.1 (Posts: 300; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Still, my only concern is the battery. I guess we will see soon.
155. seanjohnusa91 (Posts: 31; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
I just want this phone to come out for Verizon and not 6 months later...
156. sonisoe (Posts: 415; Member since: 06 May 2009)
2300 mah battery is a no no.... am skipping this device...
157. siraj989 (Posts: 17; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
Let them release it quickly because I am really sick and tired of waiting.
159. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
I am so disgusted with Google!!!
Even if the Nexus 5 was sold off contract for $99 I would not buy it, why, well a 2300mah, 16GB internal storage with no external storage and the crappy kitkat 4. whatever!!. What are Google playing at?
Android phones are a joke!! Give it 6 years and Android will just have 2% market share.
Windows phones will rule 92% of the market by 2019.
160. JDogg5281 (Posts: 66; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Windows phones...92%??? So by 2019 there will be 2 percent Android and 8 percent Iphone....not going to happen
163. bnick25 (Posts: 38; Member since: 05 May 2013)
Small battery yo keep the price down how about a way bigger battery and add 50 bucks to the deal,makes way more sense.sometimes you wondervwhat companies are thinking, dont give too much now so you have nothing to improve on next year
164. Esteban4u (Posts: 67; Member since: 15 Oct 2013)
As we get closer to the 31st, I expect we'll see more leaks. I just wished Google made an announcement of the unveiling date already. There may not be any more surprises left in store for us by the time they unveil this bad boy. I'm also mentally preparing myself to disconnect from Verizon's matrix of carrier control. The grandfathered unlimited data was great but there's no guarantee I would have it for that much longer anyways. My old GNex, poor thing that never got updates on time and still doesn't have 4.3 (officially), will be able to pass the rest of it's useful years as a media streaming device. It will always have a special place as my first Android device.
166. Kiiro (Posts: 7; Member since: 05 Sep 2013)
Looking good! I'm happy with my Galaxy S4, but changing the 13 MP camera for a beefier chipset is a trade I would not mind to do. Also, the stock android will take better advantage of all that power.
Any word on memory expansion through external memory?
167. phissith (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
If you get 32gb version its more than 2300mAh, right?
180. COZMAN (Posts: 99; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Had this phone. Horrible washed out screen. G2 blew it away as did even the MOTO X. Iphone 5, Note 3. Was not impressed by NEXUS and Google shuld have stayed focused on MOTOROLA instead of selling them in bankruptcy. Lenovo? LOL. The N5 was also to light. Felt cheap. Sold it.
181. munkyBeatz (Posts: 4; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Kinda funny since the G2 is the same phone pretty much. I think my Nexus 5 is great. Plus you've got to remember the price point, much cheaper for this phone.
182. Esteban4u (Posts: 67; Member since: 15 Oct 2013)
I totally agree. The N5 is awesome. Its also fast and free of all the samsung touchwiz crap and HTC non-sense. As nice as the touchless and other features the Moto X has as they are, those features are now known to drain its battery before a whole day has passes.