Nexus 5 passes through Bluetooth SIG
0. phoneArena 11 Oct 2013, 09:40 posted on
It looks like everything is on schedule if Google really is aiming for the rumored October 15th announcement of the Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 KitKat. The device passed through the FCC last month, and now it has also passed through the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), which puts the device one step closer to being ready for its official release...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sadiqahmed (Posts: 41; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
so this will be the day i decide to wait for the nexus 5 or to buy lg g2!!! SWEEEEET!!!
3. _PHug_ (Posts: 403; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
I'm with you.
Once I see the official announcement for the Nex5 I can finally decide on my new phone.
4. sadiqahmed (Posts: 41; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
i know right? i'm sure even the nexus 5 will be a beast but i wanna see which one has that extra edge.
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I feel that Nexus 5 will be better than LG G2, but it is just my feeling. :)
21. kozza3 (Posts: 581; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
i don't know man... it really depends on the battery and camera
but the winner is obvious as soon as you look for sim-free price(hopefully) :P
2. goojman (Posts: 56; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I'm hoping this camera is gonna have something special about it.. I mean 8 megapixels??
8. NexusPhan (Posts: 585; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Same as the 5 and 5S. Do you consider those to be crappy cameras?
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Also glass on camera eye is very wide, interesting if camera eye utilize whole diameter of such wide glass. Let's hope that it has practical use because now it looks a bit silly, like a door peephole. :/
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4147; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The camera opening is large, but the actual camera module is average sized. If you look at close up pictures you would see most of the opening is taken up by a metal ring. Look picture #2 and #12 in this article, it's plainly visible;
17. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4147; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Megapixels have little to do with camera quality. The iPhone 5S has an 8 MP camera and takes some of the best shots of any modern smartphone, even when compared to Sony's 13 MP Exmor RS sensor.
24. Adana (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 Oct 2013)
But the camera on Nexus 5 has built in optical stabilization, unlike iPhone 5S. The display is also better than the one on iPhone 5S, so I would definitely choose Nexus 5 over iPhone 5S (check for example the comparison available on versus.com)
5. Tommy1960i (Posts: 105; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
It will be a good phone but the only thing I dont like is that buttons are not on the bezel but on the screen. By the way what about the camera? Are 8 megapixels enough? May be they want to try ultrapixels?
7. E.S.1 (Posts: 295; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
My only concern so far with the Nexus is the battery life that's all.
(Snapdragon 800 chipset may help)
So it is going to be LG G2 or Nexus 5.
12. jove39 (Posts: 1385; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I wonder why google went for 2300mah battery...may be they have some under the hood tweaks in 4.4 to improve battery life...we can just hope!
10. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Pity about that whole Verizon being control freaks thing. This phone looks damn near perfect to me.
13. greenmunky (Posts: 12; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Every report prior to this one in the last few weeks has said Verizon 4G LTE support would be included. This is the first nay saying I've read in a little while. Is there new evidence to support this besides the Nexus 7 debacle?
15. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
2300 mAh is the only thing that's not acceptable to me. 1080p + 5" should have atleast 2800 mAh :/
16. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4147; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They're supposedly going to offer 2 different models; one with 16 GB of storage and a 2300 mAh battery and one with 32 GB of storage and a 3000 mAh battery.
19. Scott93274 (Posts: 1602; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
I read that as well but I doubt that much of the news released for the phone up to this point can be confirmed as official. We shall wait and see I suppose… hopefully no more than 4 days.
I also hope that this phone does make its way to Verizon… I’m on a Galaxy Nexus and desperately want a nice new Nexus device.
20. blazee (Posts: 327; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
I do have a gnex as well and want this phone on verizon, but if they dont my contract is up by next year and I might consider another carrier for the first time. I don't need the country wide coverage anyway
23. GeekMovement (Posts: 1764; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I would hope that the front camera megapixels would start leaving the 1-2mpx range, but oh well not like I do much video chatting anyways.