Nexus 5 is here: available today on Google Play
0. phoneArena 31 Oct 2013, 13:01 posted on
The Nexus 5 is finally here. After countless rumors and leaks, Google has finally officially unveiled the new member of the Nexus family and it comes with…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
32. Tommy1960i (Posts: 106; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
A nice phone
And a good price
To Nexus Hello
To iPhone goodbye
No more problems
Now things are clear
We are out of trouble
The Nexus is here!
42. AceStorm1249 (Posts: 14; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
u probably made that up on october 24 :P
2. Gulenkov (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Woooooow! When do we get an update for our older nexus devices?
43. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
GN is done..... not getting 4.4
but n4,n7,n7(13),n10 and GNe r getting 4.4
6. ThePython (Posts: 641; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Honestly... It's quite ugly. The attractive here is the price really.
7. greenmunky (Posts: 13; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
So.... the question still remains.... is it Verizon compatable?
8. Jklaz (Posts: 142; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
The verge says no (I googled nexus 5 Verizon lol)
9. Sakeem (Posts: 377; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
This is what is keeping me from pulling the trigger right now.
12. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
Don't buy the Nexus 5. It has an awful battery and pathetic camera.
You have been warned!!!!
19. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
If you only want android, then get either the LG G2 or wait one week and get the LG Flex with an amazing battery, specs and 6 inch screen.
I am waiting for the Lumia 1520. But that is just my preferrence.
44. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2751; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
While the G2 is a nice phone, other than the knock feature most critics are panning it for all the extra software overlay. It is very possible that with a stock build of Android, that the battery will be just fine without all the extra BS LG has loaded on it. As far as the camera who's to say it's not going to be as good as the G2? The main difference is price, and $600 for a G2 vs $400 for a Nexus5 with comparable storage is a big difference. On top of that, there are updates to consider, which LG is horrible at doing with their non-Nexus devices.
As far as the Flex that isn't out and hasn't been reviewed yet, so it's a little early to consider it a better alternative. How about wait until all three are out and then make an educated comparison before claiming which is better than the other.
15. roldefol (Posts: 3338; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Everyone completely ignore this guy. You have been advised!
21. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
Why ignore, my friends brother is a manager at one of the Carphone Warehouse stores. He tested one on Wednesday and in less than 24hrs he had enough of it. He said the battery was awful and the camera was a joke.
You can buy a 1000 Nexus 5's if you want. But you will regret it.
If your an android lover, your better off buying the LG G2 or LG Flex
38. wilsong17 (unregistered)
you dont even own the phone douchbag
14. cse.vicky (unregistered)
From the home screen, say “Ok Google” to start a voice search, get directions or play a song.
16. improv (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
I just purchased a 32gb in black! So excited!! :)
CAN IT ARRIVE ANY SOONER!?
Looks like shipping times are getting slower by the minute!
23. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
What did it say when you placed it? Said 1-2 days for mine and did 2 day shipping. Hope to get it next week. Now to get my GS3 on Swappa!
25. improv (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
I purchased mine at 11:03 am (had to make sure I had enough money in my bank account, lol) and the page currently says that it'll ship in 1-2 business days. The status on the "My orders" page says that it'll leave by Nov. 5. I didn't see anything about choosing a quicker shipping so I just went with the normal shipping.
I hope to get it next week too! I'm not sure what to do with my iPhone 5s that'll arrive by December...
(It looks like the 16gb black version is now out of stock :P)
34. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Yep, I get the same "Ship By Nov 5th", hopefully that means it could ship sooner! My order time was 2:18 EST since I was a good and ran it by the wife first! Sell the iPhone when you get it or cancel the order..you can might be a ble to make a profit selling it if ship time is a month and a half.
17. gauravbhakuni90 (Posts: 7; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
Hello, can somebody tell me if nexus devices support usb otg ?????
27. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
Just go into carphone warehouse tomorrow morning and buy it from the store. SImple.
31. jove39 (Posts: 1522; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I am in canada...anyway I have placed order for 16gb black...ships on Nov 8.
26. creepysound (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
Looks like the 16GB white version sold out in a few minutes tops. :(
28. michael95gt (Posts: 43; Member since: 19 Jul 2009)
Just ordered mine Black 32gb!!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ME!!!!!!!! :-)
29. Ninny (Posts: 5; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Phonearena you made a mistake in "Under the hood" It has Adreno 330 not 320.
By the it is available in India too but no pre-orders just Comming soon....
33. HnT8906 (Posts: 10; Member since: 18 Oct 2013)
when it is coming to india? i can't wait 6 months..nexus 4 was announced in Oct 2012 and released in india after 6 months.. :-(
36. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 748; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Its way pricey in India. Its showing Rs.32,999 (approx $520) for 32GB.... not worth buying in India...
Ask someone to get it from outside India...
35. Darth_Muffin (Posts: 18; Member since: 06 Oct 2013)
Congratulations to all you mates who were lucky enough to be able to get one.
"The chosen one has FINALLY arrived"
37. The_Innovation (Posts: 597; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Question. Hopefully someone can answer, (maybe the author).
Does it have the wake up Google Search feature like the Motorola X?
39. Victor.H (Posts: 563; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Not exactly, it has something in-between a regular phone and the Moto X. You can say 'ok google' to wake it up from the home screen (when you're not in an app), but if you just try this while it's locked - it won't work.
40. The_Innovation (Posts: 597; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Ah I see. So the phone has to be unlocked for it to work.
Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated.
41. greathero1 (Posts: 548; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
I hate Google right now. I checked early this morning and nothing. I go out on the floor at my job to take care of a few things and BAM! Nexus 5 for sale and I have to wait 3-4 weeks. Ain't this bout a b***h lol! Oh well, hopefully it will be in by Thanksgiving and BOOOOO to all of you who actually will receive yours sooner. Don't come back on here and rub it in lol.
45. xIJoeyBoyIx (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
Great to see the nexus 5, now where is my nexus 10 2013 edition??
46. Gamas_K (Posts: 70; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
When this come to my country, it will cost around US$ 500 for 16GB