Nexus 5 camera samples appear (compared with iPhone 5s)
0. phoneArena 01 Nov 2013, 08:14 posted on
Now, we have the first real camera samples from the Nexus 5 and you can explore them pixel by pixel…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
49. boosook (Posts: 734; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Good pictures, and compare the first image (the cup of coffee) at 100% size: you can see that in low light the optical stabilizer really makes a great difference.
53. jove39 (Posts: 1197; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Coffee cup image - nexus5 image text is clear but in iphone5s it's faded!
63. boosook (Posts: 734; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
That's exacly what I wanted to point out: the optical stabilization helped avoid the camera shake on the nexus 5.
50. GrapeEyes (Posts: 243; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
I have just taken some pics with my Nexus 5 20 minutes ago (what do you think?)
52. boosook (Posts: 734; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Fake account. Spammer on the Nokia/Microsoft payroll.
54. GrapeEyes (Posts: 243; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
What the hell you talking about "fake account" I don't work for Nokia and I would never work for Microsoft.
I purchased 3 Nexus 5's this morning from Carphone Warehouse (2 white and 1 black) does that make me fake?
I prefer Nokia because I like the quality build.
But the pics are 100% geniune!!
58. godwhomismike (Posts: 2; Member since: 01 Nov 2013)
I wish I had so much money that I could simply just waste $1200 on buying three of the same phone.
60. GrapeEyes (Posts: 243; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
I haven't wasted money, they are already on Ebay for sale.
62. boosook (Posts: 734; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Sorry, but all the things I saw on your page were a couple of pics of a Nokia phone, that's why I thought that your post was not really about the nexus 5.
My advice is to upload your pics to dropbox or something similar if you want to share a link.
56. GrapeEyes (Posts: 243; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
I have just updated my facebook so everyone can see the pics from the Nexus 5https://www.facebook.com/grape
51. godwhomismike (Posts: 2; Member since: 01 Nov 2013)
I really want something different than an iPhone (after spending the past 6-7 years using them), but would like a good camera and a top tier experience. I thought the Moto X would be that phone, and I waited, just to be disappointed by the camera. Then the rumors of the Nexus 5 started ramping up, and it looks like it will also have a subpar camera. I honestly don't want an iPhone 5S, but nothing else seems to touch it minus the Lumia 1020, but I rather not Windows phone (after spending a month at previous job testing a WP 7 device).
55. jove39 (Posts: 1197; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
just compare iphon5s photo with nexus5 and you'll know...it's subpar only in terms of mp count...image quality is as good as iphon5s.
64. boosook (Posts: 734; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Consider the Sony Z1, it has an amazing camera, especially after the last software update. I think it's the only android that can rival the 1020, even if the z1 lacks the optical stabilizer (so the 1020 will still have an edge in low light). Or wait for serious camera tests of this nexus 5. The camera looks good, for now, though not in the same league of the 1020 of course. I think the nexus 5 will be probably the best compromise between price, camera quality and user experience.
59. HnT8906 (Posts: 10; Member since: 18 Oct 2013)
plzzzzzzzzz can anyone tell me when it ll be available in india..????
61. Satnamreg (Posts: 28; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
WOW what a difference between Iphone and Nexus :) Who can buy iphone?? Just ridiculous.
71. fswaid (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
A smartphone offering an 8-megapixel camera that good with a snapdragon 800 for 350 euros only and you're nagging about a phone worth 730 euros being better than it under light?? Are you guys serious??
72. Damo579 (Posts: 105; Member since: 18 May 2013)
The camera seems to take pretty good pictures. The phone is the best bang for the buck I've ever seen. I think I might try to get one during the holidays. 32GB black.
74. Trex95 (Posts: 502; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Not bad at all. But i still think that HTC one still has the best low light camera performance.