Nexus 5 camera compared against Nexus 4, spot the differences
0. phoneArena 04 Nov 2013, 07:53 posted on
The Nexus 5 has finally arrived and we already know it offers top notch performance with the Snapdragon 800 system chip…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. noler (Posts: 322; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
They seem to have learned something from Nokia!
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
But does Nokia and Microsoft has lerned something from them?
Try to troll harder. ;)
6. noler (Posts: 322; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
I hope there is something to learn from them.
P.S. Do not worry, if I start Trolling you'll will know.
15. papss (unregistered)
Says another troller comment ;)
28. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I have explained it in troll way since they don't understand it in normal way. :D
3. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Finally no more red tint, I don't even use my nexus 4 for pictures its camera is so crappy.
5. HnT8906 (Posts: 10; Member since: 18 Oct 2013)
woww..looks great to me..nexus 5 if far batter.
7. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4274; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Nice to see a Nexus device with LTE and a capable camera. Now all we need to see is how battery life is.
10. E.S.1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
You are right... just the battery life.
That's the only thing preventing me from getting it and that's why I'm leaning towards LG G2 for now.
14. NexusPhan (Posts: 624; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
I bet the N5 will have almost the same battery performance as the stock G2. LG's absolutely horrible, almost unusable software completely ruins any chance that phone has. Only get the G2 if you plan on rooting and flashing a custom ROM.
16. papss (unregistered)
You could call it a lot of things but it's far from unusable. It may be the most customizable skin out there
17. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Doubt that. Picked up a G2 last week, only charged it once this past weekend.
19. szaboagoston (Posts: 43; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
Why would it be the same, when the G2 has 3000 mAh and the N5 has 2300? I believe we all would sign for the G2s battery performance. The G2s software is more interesting and customizable than touchwiz, at least in my opinion.
22. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Better quality hardware and better optimization can make a huge difference in energy use. It was leaked in the manual that it does have some high energy efficiency parts.
26. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Why would it be the same, when the G2 has 3000 mAh and the N5 has 2300?"
Read his comment again, he has explained why.
8. sergiobr (Posts: 694; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Ok , now against S4 and other Androids top (Z1, LG G2 etc.). I don´t care about Nokia. I know that it´s the best camera-phone. But I prefer Android, no offense.
25. Klamba92 (Posts: 210; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
There is a video on the comparison between the n5 and s4 camera, here check it out!
9. silver (Posts: 22; Member since: 02 Aug 2012)
its look really great big improvement from nexus 4
11. sergiobr (Posts: 694; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Against note 3 ...http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-5-initial-photo-and-video-samples
12. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Biggest difference is in the noise level
13. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1514; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I'm quite impressed. I would like to see a camera comparison (if possible a blind one) with the iPhone 5S, the LG G2, sony Xperia Z1 and Galaxy S4.
It may be the first time that a Nexus can compete against the real flagships.
And no, I didn't forget about the Lumia 1020, but I think it's stupid to add it to this kind of blind comparison as it's clear is going to win, and because (and this is just my opinion) it should compete just agains other camera phones.
Let's call it the "under 9 mm thick" comparison and call it a day.
And no, I didn't include the HTC One casue in the last blind test it was quite clear it had the works camera except for "low light", so it's useless to add it to the comparison.
20. VJo003 (Posts: 356; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
I hope it not the 2nd one!!!
Well done Nexus 5
21. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Campare nexus 5 against past year model is easy...
23. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The point is nexus devices cameras have always sucked and now its good.
24. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
How do you know it is good? do you have any comparison against others 2013 flagship?
27. siluro (Posts: 46; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yeah the Nexus 4 was awful, even in daylight pictures seemed colorless and dull... So it's good to know the Nexus 5 is a huge improvement, but still waiting on the PA comparison for more in-depth comparing to this year's flagships. I will be pleased with it so long as it out performs the S3, but hope it hangs with the S4!
30. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
There is on youtube n5 vs galaxy s4 camera comparison, front camera wins the s4. Rear camera n5...let's wait further details / vids tough
32. DimitriTech (unregistered)
33. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
Bye bye nexus 4, hello nexus 5. Well done Google.