Nexus 5 appears in the flesh: images pour from around the globe, along with Android KitKat features
0. phoneArena 31 Oct 2013, 03:27 posted on
It's not hard to fathom that the Google Nexus 5 launch is finally imminent, as today brought a flurry of images, unboxing and hands-ons from all over the world that depict the long-teased handset. We've got people chipping in from Ireland, UK, Switzerland, and Reddit users answering questions with phone in hand...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. D.Aceveda (Posts: 392; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
And Google can't acknowledge it.
You've got til November 1st, Google.
Otherwise you can F*** OFF
23. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
pretty sure they're gonna announce it soon. an online store in my country is already taking pre-orders set to be shipped in tuesday for about 600 dollars. i know it ain't cheap, but i live in the philippines so prices are almost definitely high.
34. madmikepr (Posts: 136; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
well said!! Enough Said Release The Kraken already!!!!
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The guy in the first picture: Hey guys, Johhhhhhhnnnnnn V here...
3. EgyDroid (Posts: 111; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Vic Gundotra wrote on Google+ :
"Contemplating serious issues tonight. While listening to this." .....and shared a video
I like that guy.
4. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
OMG OMG OMG, IT'S GETTING HOT, IT'S GETTING HOT, IT'S GETTING HOT!
10. cripton805 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
oh... its an LG. Every LG phone I've ever owned has been a horrible experience.
I hope its been better. I wish it were a Motorola.
11. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1995; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Experience on Nexus phones have nothing to do with the manufacturer.
12. valapsp (Posts: 552; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
I'm starting to think the battery life is awful. Was it that hard to fit in a 3000mAh battery?
44. lalalaman (Posts: 624; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
I think they have optimized the phone and os for low consumption....google might not be dumb enough to put it....plus it will bring down the price which is good=)
14. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
FAIL FAIL FAIL Nexus 5 is a HUGE FAIL!!!
What the hell is 2300mah!!
Nexus 5 will be the worst reviewed phone in 2013 & 2014
Google you are a disgrace!!
18. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Im sure you have something else to go troll on......but before you leave it will beat the socks of the Lumia 1520 mate!!
31. sniper1087 (Posts: 498; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
U kidding right? Besides being android 6 hours of video is pretty bad, pretty much my Z1 can do 10 hours of video so it is not trolling, mostly complaining on the battery which people were afraid in the first place, they should have added a 3000 mah no doubt and since battery is no replaceable getting a powercase to make.it live longer will make ur phone bulky
43. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
Firstly I am not your mate. You can call me GOD!!
Secondly don't even dare compare the AWESOME LUMIA 1520 to the Nexus 5 rubbish that dies out before 12pm and the pathetic yellow shade on the crappy camera.
Nexus is over!! in two months local councils will provide bins just for Nexus 5 to be put in.
46. Castro90 (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Hey guys, I've found him!
I've found the 10 year old....
40. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Worst reviewed lol, it'll sell more then wp with a cash bonus.
Can't give that crap away, err wait, they have too, killed a OEM doing it, that's a fail.
22. orca99 (Posts: 87; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
That's a platic cap protecting the camera. Once you take it off, you won't notice any hump.
25. steedsofwar (unregistered)
Exactly what I did
20. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 973; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Looks great, I must say :) but why did Google skimp on the battery??? 2300mAh is ridiculously small for a phone with a 5inch HD1080P display.
21. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Im not to worried about the battery i just carry around a supply charger anyway and this phone is definitely my next device!! Waiting till 9:30 pacific time thats apparently the time guys!!
26. surethom (Posts: 579; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
iCloud for Android, as it seems to back your app settings, saved games and the like.
FINALLY. So upgrade your phone & everything is restores, including games levels. FINALLY
Battery should be 2600 Minimum though
28. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Whats so funny, oh right the fact this is going to be your lumia 1020!
30. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2232; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Umm No.. The fanboys comments were the funny.. And haha, you just mad, cause I have one AND you don't ,, LMAO
32. sniper1087 (Posts: 498; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
I have to admit the 1020 has the best camera, nothing comes close, and I have the Z1 and the 1020 is better except in white balance.
38. sniper1087 (Posts: 498; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Agreed and well thats up to nokia to fix, i am not sure if you noticed the yellowish tint it leaves in dark scenes, and even if you adjusts the white balance manually, it still stays there for some reason.
33. jian9007 (Posts: 22; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
I can't wait until it's released. As for everyone complaining about the 2300mAh battery, get over it. It's 1080P, yes, but it's only a 4.95" screen running stock Android with Kit Kat (which allegedly has better battery manangement than Jelly Bean). By comparison, the iPhone 5S only has a 1560mAh battery so it could be worse. And Iphone only has a 4" screen but still, 1560mAh is crap. If you want a bigger battery get the Note 3 or LG G2. 2300mAh is the same as the HTC One so it's not bad.
There are always things to be compromised on a Nexus phone. Non-removable battery, no SD slot, non high-end camera, only a 1.3MP front-facing camera, etc. But for a great price, you get a pretty damn nice phone unlocked, and running stock Android. At least it doesn't have that glass back anymore and lets you have 32GB built-in storage.
36. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Cash in my pocket, I am scoring a couple Nexi.
My old nexi will live along my new in harmony.
To bad wp didn't update its older phones instead of cutting them off. Oh well, that's number one reason they are in the spot they're in, near last.
37. Android4Ever (Posts: 86; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
2300mAh? And its not removable? This phone already sucks A$$...
39. sniper1087 (Posts: 498; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Man I dont know what to tell you, but agreed 100% with you, a 5 inch display with 2300 and S800 which if we go back to the HTC One which I tested recently the battery was pretty bad compared to phones that came out Q4 and with the S600 which is more power efficient supposedly and doesnt run as hot, makes me wonder if the nexus can even hold a candle to what the S4 and htc one gets. Very dissapointed to hear camera is average, and speakers I wonder how loud will they get.
41. youdug (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
they included the 3.4 kernel and not the 3.10. i was really looking forward to that.
42. devoncatt (Posts: 11; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
16 GB Nexus 5 in stock at CarPhone Warehouse in Reading. They arrived this morning according to the clerk. They have 16 GB in black and White, but no 32 GB models. They would have sold it if they had a price, but none was on the system. I have a photo of the box
45. Takeharu (Posts: 195; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
€499,-!!!! Look at pic 9 next to the €0,- on contract...
That's absurd, that isn't how you price a Nexus!