Nexus 4 vs Galaxy S III vs One X vs iPhone 5: size comparison
Thanks to this design decision, the Nexus 4 is about as big as the Galaxy S III or the One X. It's actually a tad smaller in length and width, while its rivals have just a slight advantage in terms of thickness. If we have to compare it to the iPhone 5, it's evident that the Nexus 4 is a significantly larger smartphone in all dimensions. Anyways, we're glad that the LG Nexus 4 will not fare worse in the comfort department, compared to its competition, and it may even be a tad better. There isn't anything particularly striking about there appearance of the Nexus 4, but LG and Google have done a good job keeping its overall size on the reasonable side.
You can compare the LG Nexus 4 with many other smartphones using our SIZE COMPARISON TOOL!
1. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4239; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Nexus 4 every time... Such a great package.
28. -box- (Posts: 3984; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
The Nexus 4 looks waaaaaay too much like a GS3, even to the shape of the curves (especially the top one). LG has their own good design, why come so close to samsung's?
35. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Its following the NEXUS DESIGN language.. amazing since its A NEXUS.
why do people not get it? Its not the "lg nexus 4", its the "nexus 4".
38. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Its NOT "nexus 4".
Google Nexus 4 By LG.
36. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4239; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It looks nothing like the GS3 other than the fact that it has curves... The curves aren't even that similar. It looks like a Nexus.
39. rawkuss (Posts: 29; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
That's because Samsung made the Galaxy Nexus and by the looks of it they wanted to keep the "Nexus" design.
31. android_hitman (unregistered)
i will change from HTC to Nexus from now on
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Am I the only one who think that nexus 4 look sexier than iPhone 5?
Nevermind... I'll get the iPhone 5 anyway
because of the 4g LTE :P
16. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
which makes you a fool just like the rest.
HSPA+42 is just as fast and takes less battery
18. wendygarett (unregistered)
I didnt know that lol
and My country don't even have the 4g lte....
but thanks for the information, i appreciate that :)
22. kyan- (Posts: 62; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
can u take out your bodybuilding.com profile pic? its nfsw
30. Captain_Doug (Posts: 966; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Not for safe work? Her/His picture used to be a girl. I'm thinking it's confused...
26. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3577; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
So, you wanna get the iPhone 5 because of the 4G LTE even though it's not available in your country? -__-
27. blingblingthing (Posts: 511; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
I have to agree. Just so every one knows. In Antigua my carrier digicel has late here so I am getting 3g / 4gspeeds. Right now iin am charging my HOX like twice in a day. Going to charge now.
Not to say I am mad or would be silly to change os for this. Just saying this so people know.
21. kevkyle (Posts: 91; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
wendy's such a character - sometimes pleasantly repulsive ", )
3. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
holy f**k im really upset right now, nexus 4 is supposed to be sell for only 350 bucks right ? WRONG ! in my country, a lg spokeperson has just confirmed that they will sell nexus 4 for $600 ! DAFUQ ? they will do it because they scared that nexus 4 will canibalize optimus vu !
omg, take me to the states right f**kin now...
5. MeoCao (unregistered)
That's b-c there's no Google Play presence in your country. Same with mine.
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
chill dude, you will get the same price on 32gb version soon just like the nexus 7 deal, just be patient ok? lol
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
"probably at Google's request"?
I think Nexus is Google's phone and Google has control of everything: hardware, software, sales...
The partners offer technologies and parts and build the device for a fee and the right to have their name appear next to Nexus branding.
This is cooperation with Google in charge.
10. baldilocks (Posts: 672; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
On screen keys = wasted real estate. Didn't like it with the Galaxy Nexus, don't like it with the Nexus 4. The One X and GS3 are a lot better in that regard.
12. Cyan3boN (Posts: 439; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
your picture is misleading PA. the one x looks shorter than the nexus 4 although its taller theoretically.
19. ScottSchneider (Posts: 328; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Yeah.. The Same way the A5 looks good in the pic rather sick when you hold it... Change the pic...
23. blingblingthing (Posts: 511; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
No bloodline; the iPhone IS pathetic (in my opinion)
24. BadAssAbe (Posts: 447; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Dont like the on the screen buttons ATM because not enough apps take advantage of them.
Phonearena should have added the LG O. G to the comparison, Thats the biggest rivals it has (both LG LOL)
For 200 dollars more you get (AT&T)
25. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
so what your saying is ...
for $200 more you get.. a different design, an LTE radio that is useless in most markets and and SDcard slot..
sounds like a deal..
29. BadAssAbe (Posts: 447; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
I know but i really, really like the design.
Pay more for a better design Maybe?
33. nsnk86 (Posts: 43; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
man!! this article is about size comparison........ so where is motorola razr series?? its THE thinnest phone compared to these four!!
34. deeoh1084 (Posts: 49; Member since: 30 Dec 2009)
Of course the Nexus 4 is bigger than iPhone 5 b/c it doesn't have the 4.7" screen!! they have the tiny 4" screen instead!! and Nexus 4 packs with quad core w/ 2GB ram while iPhone 5 still using dual core w/ 1GB ram instead! pretty obvious Nexus 4 is bigger but better than iPoop 5