Nexus 4 now listed as “Temporarily Out of Stock” on Google Play
0. phoneArena 28 Jan 2013, 20:29 posted on
Over the past few days, we've seen the Nexus 4 showing up on a couple of different online store shelves. T-Mobile finally got Google's flagship phone in stock, then Best Buy also began reporting the smartphone in stock. The Google Play Store hasn't yet flipped the switch on the Nexus 4, but it seems to have inched closer by changing the listing to "Temporarily Out of Stock"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Not again :(
3. imsickwithsmartphone (Posts: 153; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
“Temporarily Out of Stock”
4. blingblingthing (Posts: 513; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Waiting patiently to buy this beast.
Sent from my HTC One x.
5. joey_sfb (Posts: 4989; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
If they can't sell at $299 in sufficient quantity. Then they shouldn't. Better to sell at another price with adequate quantity.
This will ruin their rep.
12. umadd (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
An item being out of stock must really hurt their reputation huh?
14. joey_sfb (Posts: 4989; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
To me its does. Product refresh cycle is in months not years! Its better to get as many devices into as many hands as possible in the smallest possible time frame.
2 months down the road, would you still want a Nexus 4?! Btw Nexus 7 refresh is coming...
16. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Keep in mind, Google is still relatively new to selling hardware. Larry Page admitted that the company isn't good enough on supply chain management and will work to fix it.
If you can't do, learn. If you can't learn, then you quit.
19. joey_sfb (Posts: 4989; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Apple has been selling hardware since Apple I/II/IIc. Microsoft hardware division been selling keyboard/mouse/xbox 360
Personally, i like Google a lot.
6. ScottSchneider (Posts: 330; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
I'm getting mine in a Week's time... Yippie...
7. Cha7520 (Posts: 221; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
LOL...They are already working on the Next Nexus phone...rumors is that they are stopping production on this phone.
10. haroonazeem638 (Posts: 138; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)
Those rumors were already proved to be wrong.
8. GTR722 (Posts: 261; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
So Google...great idea to choose LG right ??? you need to choose a big company for your next Nexus...cough cough sony cough cough
9. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
it was google's fault not LG's. Do a little research.
11. haroonazeem638 (Posts: 138; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)
Even then, Sony would make a better Nexus.
13. umadd (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
No they wouldn't. Sony is too far behind in the mobile industry. They won't be able to meet hardware expectations within time. Look at Xperia Z for example. Much too late
18. Mystline (Posts: 4; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
If anything the Xperia Z is a step in the right direction for Sony. Probably their best looking phone yet.
21. ahomad (Posts: 175; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Xperia Z is too much late?? are you serious?? this phone pack the most recent hardware. the latest camera sensor, the latest and highest screen resolution FHD, the lastes chip, water and dust proof, good looking, toughest glass so far ...etc. everyone else will be catching up with this phone. this is the second phone with FHD screen after HTC DNA and every other manufacturer will have FHD in the future, so if sony is late then who isn't?
15. Fuego84 (Posts: 338; Member since: 13 May 2012)
It could be that this is exactly Google's game plan build up a nexus line that will sell fast instead of long. I'm already convinced that it's to late to get this LG nexus 4 and I shouldn't fail to get my pre-order in for the next nexus phone.