Nexus 4 is not sold out, but Google Play is still wonky
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Nov 2012, 15:33
If you haven't been able to get your hands on a Nexus 4 yet, and you've been having all of the issues that we had earlier, don't lose hope. There have been steady reports that the Nexus 4 is not sold out, and we can confirm this, because we finally got through with a purchase...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. shakib034 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 15:42 2
i just did the same thing at noon......after a few try I was able to add N4 to the cart and finally paid. Shows shipping date to Nov 15th. Fingers crossed. :D
3. f4jock posted on 13 Nov 2012, 15:54 6
Bless you! I just got my 16 GB ordered as well... Woohoo!
4. devildlm1 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 15:56 1
lol this reminds me of lockerz when they used to do redemption's =p.
5. Mxyzptlk posted on 13 Nov 2012, 16:17 3
Google always seems to have a problem with their product launches. You'd think a company that makes more ad revenue than anyone would be able to have a buttery smooth launch, no pun intended.
7. gwuhua1984 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 16:31 9
This is the first time I've heard problem with their product launch. When did this become always?
35. Mxyzptlk posted on 13 Nov 2012, 18:19 0
The Galaxy Nexus kept getting delayed and there were problems with the Nexus 7 launch.
40. gwuhua1984 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 18:49 1
Verizon wanted Wallet to be removed from Galaxy Nexus. Google never officially announced ship date for Nexus 7, so your point...
56. JC557 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 21:46 2
yes, because they should do what Apple did and release it anyway due to hype... only to ind out numerous bugs and glitches. Apple jerk-offs never cease to amaze me. Even MS had some launch troubles and they're a juggernaut.
63. EclipseGSX posted on 14 Nov 2012, 10:27 1
So that means Google has only launched....3 devices. *rolls eyes* Whats Apple excuse for all the iP5 problems?
30. Berzerk000 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 17:49 0
This is the first I've heard of a bumpy product launch for Google, what other instances have been like this?
31. gwuhua1984 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 17:56 1
If he could respond to our questioning, then his avatar wouldn't be what it is anymore.
37. Mxyzptlk posted on 13 Nov 2012, 18:20 0
See my comment above.
46. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 13 Nov 2012, 19:30 1
His avatar and name and post does go well...
34. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 13 Nov 2012, 18:07 2
Yes because ALL of APPLE's iPHONE's releases have gone without problems or hassles.....right.....fanboys will be fanboys.
36. Mxyzptlk posted on 13 Nov 2012, 18:19 2
I don't think this article has anything to do with Apple.
41. gwuhua1984 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 18:50 0
His point is you having double standards.
42. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 13 Nov 2012, 19:01 0
Exactly. Every year there is a new iPhone and every year there are problems with the their websites crashing, shipping getting delayed, back orders, faulty devices, yada yada yada. But our friend here magically forgets all of that and focuses on Android related issues.
45. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 13 Nov 2012, 19:29 0
What is it with you, you always get thumbs down...
Atleast Gallitoking and sometime Taco50 get thumbs up, but you.... i,m going back few years when TheMiz Cmpunk and few others atleast use to get thumbs up.
You'r a smart Troll.
Looks like PA is allowing this post?
6. doejon posted on 13 Nov 2012, 16:24 2
first tests have shown that the nexus 4 gets very quick very hot and
the battery is not so good and even the camera is not the best..
so im blad that i took the note 2!
14. Kaze105 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 17:14 1
For a phone practically twice the cost, obviously it would be better. Who the hell would pay for a phone that is double to cost if they perform the same.
27. doejon posted on 13 Nov 2012, 17:45 0
no bro first who the heck will buy the 8gb version if he´s looking for a beast?? 2. and if someone buys it for the price
than its not the specs..
cus what i have seen so far the benchmarktest
are not that great.. the s3/note2 and even the iphone 5 are in
alot of benchmarktest better than the nexus 4!
and if u buy the 8 gb version than its good 4 u.
but if u want to use it as a mediadevice its the wrong device 4 sure!
no removable battery
only 8 gb storage
and its a batterysucker 4 sure
so better pay few bucks more and by an other phone
i now its the nexus.. i was shocked to when i read the test
but if u only buy it 4 its price than better buy galaxy nexus
8. The_Innovation posted on 13 Nov 2012, 16:34 5
People need to simply relax. The phone isn't going anywhere. It won't be like the iPhone where masses begin to order. You wouldn't want that anyway.
9. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 13 Nov 2012, 16:49 0
I'm sure people sitting there doing constant refreshes isn't helping. The amount of traffic that hit Google today just shows this phone is going to be popular, they nailed it with pricing and specs. Can't wait to get mine in two days.
11. itiswhatitis posted on 13 Nov 2012, 17:07 0
how u get through man been trying all morning n day
33. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 13 Nov 2012, 18:07 0
I read a comment that it would be released at 11 a.m. my time. At 10, I started refreshing every 5 minutes or so. When it finally was available, it took about 6-7 tries. At one point I wasn't sure if I had missed it or bought two phones, but when I called the bank for my account info and checked my Google Wallet, 1 phone was purchased.
I tried IE and Chrome, it seemed to work better on Chrome.
12. slymi2005 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 17:09 0
It's showing up as sold out now, both the 8 and 16gb
13. mydi.maus (unregistered) posted on 13 Nov 2012, 17:14 3
52. darkkjedii posted on 13 Nov 2012, 20:10 0
Good and u?
53. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 13 Nov 2012, 20:27 0
16. mydi.maus (unregistered) posted on 13 Nov 2012, 17:20 2
i hate google
47. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 13 Nov 2012, 19:32 0
Yea, why do you hate Google....?
58. Rocksteady posted on 14 Nov 2012, 00:58 0
If you hate Google, then what are you doing here?
17. medicci37 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 17:27 0
I still keep getting the coming soon bs. when i try 2 purchase.
20. darkkjedii posted on 13 Nov 2012, 17:29 3
You're purchasing it the wrong way. In my Steve jobs voice.
19. beasteator posted on 13 Nov 2012, 17:28 0
JUST KEEP TRYING! As time went on, it gave me more "add to cart" options and then I finally got the payment through. Got myself a 16GB. Can't wait!
21. iNEVERTROLL posted on 13 Nov 2012, 17:33 0
I did this for like 1 hour at 2pm.. and now for like 20 minutes... still NOTHING! wow... I wonder how long I will have to auto-refresh this freaking webpage...
23. gladmo posted on 13 Nov 2012, 17:38 0
I've tried it every half hour or so today. It just worked for me. Good luck~!
24. imeubeu posted on 13 Nov 2012, 17:42 0
o that's so wrong, got so use to hitting the refresh I had it an then i hit the refresh, a come back here
25. Chugunn posted on 13 Nov 2012, 17:42 0
Love you man,i had lost all faith in getting one,then i tries this right now and got me a nexus 16GB!!!!!
26. imeubeu posted on 13 Nov 2012, 17:44 0
i have a wife an kid to take care of, can't do this all night
32. gladmo posted on 13 Nov 2012, 17:59 0
I used only Chrome. This idea about using different browsers is only speculation. It doesn't make sense, technically. I believe that Google is being careful to verify the orders with stocked phones and periodically allows more orders when all is accounted for. Thereby, the website seems "wonky", but they will probably avoid having unfulfilled orders.
28. hzelaya posted on 13 Nov 2012, 17:46 0
It worked!! I tried an hour ago on the east coast with firefox and it worked. 5:45ish est. So thank you for making my day phone arena! LG Nexus 4 come to daddy
38. cortez.i posted on 13 Nov 2012, 18:33 0
keep trying... took me an 1 hour and i was successful placing an order for a 16GB model... now, waiting for the shipping info. now the difficult part will be to decide which 2 phones to keep: SGS3/Note2/Nxs4.
51. sorcio46 posted on 13 Nov 2012, 19:56 0
For me you should stay with Note 2 + Nexus 4 ;-)
I'll be (if I succeed to take one) Note + Nexus 4 ;D
55. cortez.i posted on 13 Nov 2012, 21:08 0
if call quality, in-call volume and fluidity on the Nexus 4 is as good as the Note 2 or SGS3, then i'll likely keep the Note2 and N4. for my ears, the in-call volumne on the past 2 Nexus devices was much too low. still haven't received any shipping info, so it's possible i may not get an N4. :)
62. Tycoon posted on 14 Nov 2012, 08:13 0
If you log into your account and look at your recent orders (like you would with your app downloads/purchases), it should show you your anticipated ship date. For example, it told me the 15th, so I wouldn't expect shipping information until Thursday or early Friday.
61. remixfa posted on 14 Nov 2012, 08:11 0
if its all american devices, thats not a hard choice, N4 and N2. the american SGS3 isnt in the same ball field.