Nexus 4 and USB-on-the-go are no-go
0. phoneArena 26 Nov 2012, 04:35 posted on
The Analogix SlimPort ANX7808 that we have on the Nexus 4 certainly supports OTG, as the port specs clearly say: "USB host, device or OTG data passes through by default." Thus USB-on-the-go might be something that LG and Google could theoretically unleash with a software update, but why is it left out from the initial firmware seems to be a bit of a head-scratcher...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. antmiu2 (Posts: 208; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)
its 4.2 you know they get things right like at 4.2.3
9. -box- (Posts: 3786; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Good to see Google catching up with Symbian for out-of-the-box features. I've had USB OTG for years.
10. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Exactly, but the fans will claim android were the first. Symbian should get more credit then it does. It may be dead but its still one of the most functional OS's around. Just lacks meaningless app after app
2. yowanvista (Posts: 304; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Most likely be fixed in an upcoming update
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 2126; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It's a Nexus device, USB OTG doesn't work out of the box.
5. ph00ny (Posts: 598; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Sadly USB OTG seems to be working fine on Nexus 10
6. tango_charlie (Posts: 83; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Nope. Since Android 4.0 host mode/ usb OTG works out of the box. It works out of box on the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7, but to use flash drives root is needed.
7. _Bone_ (Posts: 2126; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
If root is required it's not out of the box anymore, is it?
8. tango_charlie (Posts: 83; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
you need root just for flash drives. Mice, Keyboards, Joystick and such peripheries will work out of the box. And if you use the app "Nexus media importer" you don't even have to root your Nexus to connect flash drives.
4. mydi.maus (unregistered)
no go no stock in p.store,. update and go.
11. JunBringer (Posts: 99; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
I'm hoping they fix this. I'd love to hook up a bit thumb drive full of music for road trips.
12. Basharhd99 (Posts: 31; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
but can i connect a bluetooth keyboard???