Nexus 4 LTE available in some AT&T markets
0. phoneArena 11 Dec 2012, 02:23 posted on
The Nexus 4 by Google launched with a huge bang in the form of half the price of rival smartphones, but it lacked one key feature…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sportsinger75 (Posts: 71; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Works in Green Bay, WI too. Please note this in the article.
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
now to all those complaining about no lte...........Look at those MAJOR cities!
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Beautiful design + monsterious spec + killing price = epic phones :p
5. techloverNYC (Posts: 182; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
I don't get those complaining about this phone not having LTE. This phone is a beast and will probably have all major/minor updates light yrs before the same phones in his generations. In U.S one of the 4 major network don't even have LTE yet.
6. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Yea.. the network its used most on.. Tmobile.
42mb/s... gawd, its just not fast enough, right!? lol. lets whine because it doesnt have a 50mb/s cap!!! (no LTE currently hits 100mb/s, thats LTE-A peeps)
first world problems.
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5928; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Because 25mbps isn't fast enough for people's needs.
T-Mobile's LTE Advance is going to make AT&T look silly.
11. skymitch89 (Posts: 970; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
How is At&t going to look silly when they are planning to start launching their LTE-A network next year as well?
14. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
show me where they have plans for LTE-A in 2013. They are still rolling out LTE to keep up with VZW.
Technically though, TMobile is wiring up LTE-10 which is still faster than VZW/ATT and its the same equipment for LTE-A.. just needs an OTA software upgrade when the time is right.
15. Omarc07 (Posts: 189; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
it was posted on here on phone arena an article were at&t made it official they will be launching LTE advanced in 2013 look it up, and will offer speeds 10 times faster than what its currently offering which if it were tru then it would be awesome as im already getting 40-50 mbps on at&t LTE over here in san juan pr.
17. fervid (Posts: 171; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I have yet to see a TMobile phone reach even half of that 42Mbps max they are supposed to reach in theory. Shoot even in Excellent coverage areas it is about 1/4 of that. Their network is like ATT's 3.5G they called 4G early on. I owned a couple of the phones considered 3.5G too that ATT released the year before they really promoted the 4G that were capable of 14Mbps. They never let them connect at it though to make the 4G appear faster. Then ATT released faster 4G that was supposed to get around 20Mbps, but never did...just like TMobile never approaches it.
7. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
When Tmobile starts their LTE market tests Ill turn on my LTE chip and see if it can catch it.
People tend to forget that 1700mhz IS the frequency that Tmobile uses for HSPA+ and is converting to use LTE on.
If the phone isnt officially updated at some point in the future for LTE use on Tmobile, I'd be surprised. Maybe its turned off so it will be a "bonus" to Tmobile users.
12. skymitch89 (Posts: 970; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
This wouldn't surprise me considering the Note 2 should be compatible with T-Mo's LTE network once it's active and an update is sent to the Note 2 to enable it.
9. Omarc07 (Posts: 189; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
yay san juan puerto rico is on the list ima have to go to the at&t store later n see if its true...
10. The_Innovation (Posts: 523; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
So if I'm from LA, I'll be able to use the same 4G LTE as say, SGS III users use?
13. skymitch89 (Posts: 970; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
You might get use of LTE if you know how to activate it and if you are in LA, or one of the other cities on the list.
16. The_Innovation (Posts: 523; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
If I know how to activate it? As in? I have a Galaxy Nexus that supports LTE, but not on AT&T apparently. How do I activate it?