Next problem with the Apple iPhone 5 brings purple tinting to certain pictures
0. phoneArena 26 Sep 2012, 15:17 posted on
Another day, another problem with the Apple iPhone 5 and this time it is the camera at fault; take a picture with a light source out of the frame and the edges of the picture show a purple tint which doesn't appear when the light source is part of the shot...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. devorama (Posts: 12; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
Looks like a regular lens flare. This happens from internal reflections within the lens.
15. plgladio (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
This is technology, awesome Apple good job in showing purple color in images.
19. whysoserious (Posts: 317; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
First, the crappy map, second is the poor build quality and now poor display quality?
iPhone 5 is on fire!!!
95. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
emmm, have you not seen the video from android authority where they show the superiority of the iPhone build after a gazillion drops? BTW ...display quality??? did you even read the article??? this is about the "lens"
wow... your on fire O_o
105. whysoserious (Posts: 317; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Did you see my correction after my post? If ya gonna troll bro make sure you read previous posts first so that you won't make yourself look like an idiot.:)..
Yeah you can drop iPhone 5 all you want but did you also see the news about some iPhone 5 comes out of the box with dents, chipped coating and scurfs? Hah! So much for "superb" build quality bro. What's the point of drop tests to prove it's build quality if it comes out of the box already damaged in the first place? eww! lol
20. james0923 (Posts: 8; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Dam " there Lawyers are to busy trying to put other companies out business that apple cant get there SH)))) together with there products...
22. Auggie69 (Posts: 10; Member since: 11 Jul 2011)
Its a built in Instagram Filter ...... :-)
25. Naitto (Posts: 50; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Apple will just tell them it’s suppose to do that, and they’ll all go away happy.
26. wolstenbeast (Posts: 25; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I can hear that Bhuddist Monk saying ,"it is not a tinge it is the celestial Steve Jobs, shining down upon his acolytes".
53. Apple. (banned) (Posts: 23; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
you love Apple so much that hate is turning u into love.
56. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
your comments make no sense..........but maybe im reading them wrong
68. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
deluded sad little fanboy
no ones jealous of your overpriced beta phone
73. Apple. (banned) (Posts: 23; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
you are thats why ur commenting and hating.
87. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
damn taco, you are a sad sad little troll.
This is going to be account.. what.. .15... 20.. that gets banned? lol
108. TechPsycho (banned) (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Sep 2011)
Lol, Taco that is the most stupid comment you ever posted
109. TechPsycho (banned) (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Sep 2011)
Lol, taco that was the most stupid comment of all ur comments
30. ilia1986 (unregistered)
The explanation is obvious:
While light leaks from the body
Yellow tint on display
Grey static lines on keyboard
Silver scratches on the aluminium back
Blue flickering on the display
Purple tint on camera
Are you getting this? These are not separate flaws! It's one super flaw:
31. exynos5 (Posts: 21; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
The next big thing is here...now its the camera
33. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I think those faults in the new iPhone are the ones NOT mentioned in the 200 new features that arrived with the new iOS and iP5.
It was mostly like, SIRI can do this, SIRI can do that...and not much of others.
If it was mentioned among the new features, however, customers can sue them.
Dear Apple, how come there are so many faults in your one new piece of 3.5 inch innovation? Are you selling unfinished products? Darn, i'm afraid the new pieces on the make due to popular demand will have more faults!!
36. yt6nin (Posts: 100; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
So the next iPhone, or should I say the "iPhone 5S" is going to have a slightly faster CPU and GPU??? Very little change and innovation... What an obvious pattern to follow now...
37. KickRocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
Wow!!!! Two words for ya apple.......YOU SUCK!!!!!!
57. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
first learn to spell
second grow up who would be jealous of that half arsed phone
70. Apple. (banned) (Posts: 23; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
last of all hating Apple and not eating one is bad for ur health. All Android users hating and Trolling Apple articles. Good for u. cause ur the one with the problems jelousy.
71. Apple. (banned) (Posts: 23; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
u are thats why u hate and commenting and coming back to Apple article waiting if some one replys.
119. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
ok first your comments are just becoming gibberish
second apple troll if your gonna comment crap people are gonna call you on it, sometimes its fun to watch a apple idiot make a fool out of himself, yeah lots on her are laughing at you, the others pity you.
now you keep going on about money and how the iphone is for the rich but if you looked there are android phones that cost the same and more. my phone cost more then your precious iphone
so with your logic as my phone cost more im better then you right? thats how it works in your sad little apple bubble.
ohh and dont reply unless you can come up with a proper comment . i wont hold my breath
111. lyndon420 (Posts: 2686; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Jealous? Of what? This new iphone is garbage admit it.
38. S_Cren (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I got the iphone 5 on launch day and havent ahad one issue with it defintelly none that have been reported on this website
39. lyndon420 (Posts: 2686; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Wow. PA's coverage on the iphone5 has made this my new favorite comedy source. Lol.
96. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
The ruthless Android f@nboy comments is what kills me xD
like an army of haters that are consumed by rage... its hilarious
40. Pyoung0560 (Posts: 26; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
After all the stuff found wrong with this phone, it will still be rated at 9 or 9,5 out of ten by the critic here in the good old USA where apple can do no wrong. If the Samsung Galaxy 3 had all these problem it would be o.n the do not buy list
48. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3050; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
So what if we got disappointed, let down, lied to, overcharged, and has tons of issues! Everyone is buying it! Yes the sheep flock to the meat grinder and willingly jump right in.
I know most new products always have issues but please give some better comebacks than "everyone is buying it" and "look at the sales!"
62. lkjhgf (Posts: 9; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
probably third party ifix number 999999999 will fix all issues with iphone 5. i am sure you have to buy that for $500....good luck guys.
81. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3050; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
The sterotype that all apple users are rich. You are so ignorant lol.
Guess what buddy? This girl works at my local SHELL STATION, makes jack squat, working part time and guess what? She's got an iphone 4s.
You gotta face reality that most android phones are as expensive or even more expansive than the iPhone.
Oh and before you say it, I have an ipod touch 4th gen, I have a ipad 2 but I use the Galaxy S3 as my phone. I'm not rich by any means, I have my own house, car, and I can pay my own bills.
It's not 2007 anymore where the iPhone is 600-700 dollars on contract. Even middle class and below can AFFORD apple products now.
86. ytja12 (Posts: 5; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Really that the best you got?
From the looks of it I think you can’t even afford to leave your Mom’s basement and yet you say “Apple user can afford it”.
Dude just be true to yourself you don’t need an iphone to be accepted nor be labeled as one of those that “Can Afford”
74. Alistaire (Posts: 132; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Are all these issues happening to the new Ipod Touch as well? No longer using an Iphone, though need to get a new media player.
75. jshan (Posts: 199; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
What the hell even cameras does it when capturing something under that lighting background ...(with sun or closing to a light )
82. lkjhgf (Posts: 9; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
so far, dent's on shell, leaking light, lines between keys, lost maps, bizzare camera and counting....is it not sounding like inferior than low range android???
90. SuperEd (Posts: 122; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Notice how CNET is TOTALLY hush hush about this!!!!! what a joke. at least PA puts it out there. Nice going guys. BUnch of Pues es whys at cnet.
98. bohdan4ik13 (Posts: 96; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It can be changed by software update, but scratches on aluminum can not :(
102. emitchell4luv (Posts: 11; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
my question is logically think, is it that apple was gonna bring half baked iphone5, and hence they were seeking ban on sg s3 and all treat around it? oh sh**, d fruit is rotten
116. Naitto (Posts: 50; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
What, is it the same little Bah Bah Sheep out there giving everybody the thumb’s down?
117. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
That's what you get from Cr@pple, "The Company that Rips You Off....Literally."