Next iPhone to have at least a 4" screen, says Wall Street Journal, display production starts in June
0. phoneArena 16 May 2012, 06:40 posted on
The production of those displays has apparently been poised to start next month, which makes sense if Apple would want to put it all together towards the end of the summer. The WSJ report did not pinpoint a screen size, but the sources have mentioned it will be no less than 4"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. fongy (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
Innovation at its best.... a 4" screen.. wow....
3. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Ever since i got my epic 4g touch a few months ago i have to have a minimum of 4.5"
16. andro. (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Agreed,ive seen many customers who used the galaxy s2,galaxy nexus or phones with similar size screens and now they couldn't bare going back to the old tiny iphone screen. Even the 4 inch screen could be too much of a step back.
Its like your 47 inch tv breaking down and you have to try use a 28 inch replacement!
23. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
If i had to use a 4" phone or 28" in place of my 48" i wouldn't know what to do. I need my large screen for my xbox.
41. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
careful when you fall for backpedaling.. Andro
49. GENARAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 93; Member since: 17 Apr 2012)
Careful or ule end-up deep into there trap.... galli.
61. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
4. angelesmec (unregistered)
4.0'' to 4.5'' with less bezel is the ideal size.
5. KEVlN (Posts: 83; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
I laugh at iPhones now a days. Back in 2010 the size was perfect but its 2012 now... A screen size increase is obvious for the next generation iPhone. They couldn't honestly be thinking of keeping the iPhone at 3.5"... Even 4 inches is too small for most. They should consider 4.5"-4.7" if they want people to switch to the iPhone. Screen size is a big reason why people don't go with the iPhone.
14. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Not even 2010... The Galaxy S series, Droid, Evo, and a few others were already out with larger screens in 2010. In 2008/2009 the 3.5" was ok, at latest
22. jwl3429 (Posts: 36; Member since: 28 Sep 2009)
Apple has a huge market share i don't think they are out to get people with 4.8" android phones to switch, they only need to make current iphone owners happy. my guess is that the average i phone owner does not want a 4.8" screen.
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...Apple wants to stay on top."
Apple already not on top.
39. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Yep Samsung is the world's largest phone manufacturer
66. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I love how I get thumbed down for stating a fact, there are some really stupid people here. If anybody doesn't believe me, here is a link.
7. jagroopdeol (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 May 2012)
i think the next iphone will be iPhone 4GS with same the body of iphone 4 but with 4g connectivity..
9. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Nah. 4G networks are available only in certain countries, so it wouldn't be any improvement for most of global market. They have to bring some more new features.
29. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Apple has released the iPad with LTE, that is only available in certain countries.
I can't see why Apple would not do that for the iPhone.
8. metoyou (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Hope SJ didn't hear this news otherwise he will knock out his coffin and bitch slap his ichildren like a mad woman and call them "traitor"
4'2-4'5 is the best spot !
10. Captain_Doug (Posts: 997; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Being specific, A phone that is 2.5" wide and no more than 5" tall is ideal. Thickness isn't really an issue anymore but no more than .4".
13. maverick786us (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Apple's idea is insane. Its never anyone's priority to use the whole screen with single hand. I always use both hands while typing or dialing numbers. which is 4 times faster. So making a small screen size to make it operate with one hand makes no sense
15. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
It's a feature to use it one handed. If someone has to use the other hand, it means they'd have to put down their starbuckdoublemochiattolatesupershot and hipster mesenger bag to use their phone, which was already closer to their face than the drink due to the tiny screen size. If they were to use more than one hand, they'd be holding it wrong
21. andro. (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Stats have shown that Apple main buyer base are preteens and teenagers,most of them have smaller hands,large screen would be unsuitable for these.
24. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Im 15 and i can't stand to use the iphone, not enough features for me, to small of a screen, the glass is fragile, and I don't like being part of the crowd.
25. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
And those teenagers are actually businessmen, right?