Next iPad will be thinner, adopt iPad mini like screen tech
0. phoneArena 12 Aug 2013, 07:23 posted on
The date for Apple’s next big event seems set now - it should be September 10th, and while chances are that Cupertino will unveil a new smartphone…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 4735; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
So, it will be spec'd for 1024x768 display (that is the current mini display spec)? I doubt it.
2. Victor.H (Posts: 327; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Not really, it will simply be a thinner display because of the switch from glass touch panel to thin film. Resolution will likely remain the same 2048 x 1536 pixels.
3. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 532; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
No. "The new iPad however will adopt a thin film touch panel like the one in the iPad mini, and this will allow Apple to make the tablet even thinner."
4. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1055; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Thats all?? Still no USB,HDMI,SDcard, ect.....??? Who gives a sh** ,how thinner it can be .. lol
5. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 201; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
You say that as putting USB or SDCard in there would be a huge innovation and as if Apple was not good enough putting in the iPad. But Apple rather has a closed system strategy and goes very well with it. BTW, you can a lot of different cables on Apple's homepage for connecting an iPad to TV, Camera, SDCard etc..
6. rf1975 (Posts: 221; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
If it is not for you just leave it. There are millions out there to buy it.
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 7794; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Then don't buy it. Even though you gave enough s**t to comment. SMDH @haters.
9. Finalflash (Posts: 438; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I do not see how he made such a comment as to warrant this kind of backlash. It is completely valid to want to have those mentioned features and he is right, who cares if it is 2 mm thinner or whatever. Its almost as if people have been programmed to think only 3 things come out of Apple that warrant any excitement....thinner, lighter, and "premium". Asking for features is usually a legitimate demand.
10. Sakeem (Posts: 114; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
You cant say anything even remotely negative about Apple products without having the well-known PA police or apple defenders at your neck. It's ridiculous. On the same hand, this is true for Samsung and other Android defenders.
On topic, any thinner and there wont be a tablet. But for those with the latest Ipad, do these changes make you want to go out and get this?
11. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1055; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
..............you mad bro?.............SMMFH
8. jamesedward318 (Posts: 68; Member since: 25 Dec 2010)
A thinner iPad wont be enough for me to come off of the New iPad. Maybe next go around. I can honestly say that with what all is being speculated this will be the first year I won't be running out to buy new Apple products.