Next-gen iPhone might be the iPhone 5G, screen and front panel spotted
0. phoneArena 08 Aug 2013, 06:35 posted on
Just a couple of days ago we saw what was said to be first images of the next-generation iPhone widely referred to as the iPhone 5S…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SIGPRO (Posts: 1435; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Damn every hour news or rumors about the new iphone, please stop it!
2. jshan (Posts: 200; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
cz the day of new iphones unviel ,, is the most important day in mobile industry ..
thats y its always appearing new segments bout an iphones .
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 21214; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude they report tech news. Stop coming to the site every hour, to check the news. See problem solved.
14. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
well said Dark, its not PA but it kinda ruins it for me when we know exactly what a phone will be like from rumours, e.g.. LG G2 and Moto X where no surprise as there where so many leaks however iOS 7 was kept nicely under wraps!
35. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
and still looks the same damn.
4. Diego! (Posts: 573; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Gee... what a groundbreaking design! pppfff As if! Everybody complaint about Samsung Galaxy S4 design being too similar to S3, but this is even worse! Apple should update their designs for once. It's about time.
6. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
people started complaining since the 3GS, same design as 3G,4S same as 4, now 5S ( or 5G ) same as 5 so next year we will see a new design...
10. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Atleast they don't use (till now) a bigger number and just use a suffix, which gives a hint that it is related to 5, unlike Samsung, which uses same design, but uses a bigger number, as in S4 instead of something like S3-S or something.
30. Diego! (Posts: 573; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
but they update their specs in every new phone! S3: HD 4.7" SuperAMOLED screen + Quadcore chip (international version) // S4: 5" Full HD SuperAMOLED screen + Octacore chip (international version) + Air gestures. I think they really are innovative. They got stuck with S4 design, I admit that, but even LG copies their designs, which aren't groundbreaking either but why is LG copying them then?
37. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
So was the iP 4S over the 4. From single core to dual core and performance per core And the screen was improved as well. Camera too. Not to mention the GPU. Also Siri (if that counts).
38. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
4.8 AMOLED 720p screen to a 5 inch 1080p screen. 2100 mah battery to a 2600mah battery. 8.5mm to 7.9mm. and the list goes on and on. How much more of a sequel can you get? lol
As far as I know. the Iphone 4 to 4s wasn't even close to those changes. Externally it was the placement of the vibrate switch, that's it. And the screen was hardly a improvement. People complained about it being yellow tinted but otherwise it was the same resolution and same size. Unlike the HUGE sequel type jump from 4.8 720p AMOLED to 5 inch 1080p AMOLED that owns everything according to display mate.
34. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Except Samsung has done it a grand total of once, if you can even make that argument, while Apple has done it their entire existence.
The GS3 was so different from the GS2 that people complained abotu the shape.
And with the GS4, well, it's smaller for one and there are many many differences that the haters just refuse to see. With these iphones, save the position of the vibrate switch, they are EXACTLY the same on the outside so they should be called the 3g or 4s.
With the S4, just the fact that it has a bigger screen, a different shape, different dark colour, and is smaller overall than the GS3 completely ruins the media and the haters arguments.
Basically, Samsung spent real money changing their factories and parts when designing the GS4. They didn't use the same molds and parts as the GS3 so it is every bit deserving to be called the 4. With Apple they are re using the same frames and molds for most of it so they can't call it a true sequel.
People were just out to hate on the GS4 from the start, that is all.
7. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
5S, 5C and now 5G.... only name is changing and design is not...
25. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Either way: G, C, S or GS; they all get an F!
8. roscuthiii (Posts: 2217; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Well... seeing as how you can already order a 5G lcd digitizer from Amazon, this may have nothing to do with the next iPhone and simply be a part replacement order for the current one.
11. roldefol (Posts: 4242; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I call BS. An iPhone 5G would be blatantly misleading. There are no 5G networks yet.
13. gazmatic (Posts: 795; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
but it could be a fake.... who knows
samsung claimed that they had the first 5g network in 2012
15. roldefol (Posts: 4242; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Yeah, and Sprint called WiMAX the first 4G network in 2008. That was BS too.
17. gazmatic (Posts: 795; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
nokia is also working on 5g
supposedly telco is planning on switching to it "soon"
the eu wanst it before 2020
5g does exist but not commercially... at least not in the version we would use in years to come
its still prototype and subject to change. plus everybody has to agree on the standard
i doubt apple would be the first 5g mobile but if they are... good for them
gob knows iphone needs something groundbreaking to wow anybody(besides ifans)
18. roldefol (Posts: 4242; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
No way no day would Apple jump on unproven network tech. They were a year behind bringing 3G and 4G to the iPhone.
24. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Based on data transfer protocols, WiMax is 4G. Cant say the same for AT&T and T-Mobiles HSPA+ nonsense that came out shortly afterwards.
31. roldefol (Posts: 4242; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Nobody's 4G is 'true' 4G (100 Mbps), but at least LTE is on the right track. WiMax and HSPA+ were stopgap measures, but don't tell that to the marketing geniuses who decided 4G is a speed, not a technology.
16. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
can't tell if this is the front of the 4, 4s or 5...
19. jamesedward318 (Posts: 99; Member since: 25 Dec 2010)
You know when Jobs was alive there were never this many leaks of Apple devices and products. Now that Cook has the reigns of the company seems like everything is leaking out except Apple employees social security numbers.
20. joey18 (Posts: 589; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
1 year to make the same phone thast sucks apple need to have young ceo tim cook is too old apple is looosing the cool remmber me blackberry apple needs to learn the lesson b is to late
21. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 421; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
o brother.... now when 5G actually becomes a reality, all my phone illiterate friends/relatives will thinking that the iphone already had 5G service because this phone is called the 5G.... (but the iphone probably wont have 5G service until around the iphone 7D)
23. roldefol (Posts: 4242; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
My sister in law tried to tell me 3 years ago that the iPhone 4 had 4G... oy.
22. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
don't complain if you're not gonna buy it.
26. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
are they trying to confuse the customers?
"i have an iPhone 5G so it's better than anything with 4G"
i can see it already...
27. d_droid (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
they're naming it 5g so once 5g networks come out they can sue every company for using 5g in their specs and names
28. jamesedward318 (Posts: 99; Member since: 25 Dec 2010)
minus the numbering and sequence could the 5G mean fifth generation?
29. d_droid (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
the 5th gen iphone would be the iphone 4S... don't you just love apple's naming?
32. roldefol (Posts: 4242; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Yeah, it hurts the brain. Only the iPhone 4 was truly the 4th generation. But then it got lumped in with all the pseudo-4G devices, further confusing the uninformed.
33. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
reason being no one needs rumors for iphones. they all look the same every time xP
36. fanboylemonkiller (Posts: 16; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
it cant be could the 5g, 3g stands for 3 generation so that would make the iphone 5 the 5th gen because the s version like the 3gs and the 4s is slightly changed and not a new generation.
39. RomeoJDR (Posts: 244; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Can't believe how many people bought into the rumor Apple changing the design for an upgraded version of their current phone. The term "next generation" more accurately describes a new model (iPhone 6) rather than series upgrade (5S or 5G) and should distinguish itself with improved performance and design. The rumors of Apple focusing on the camera for this upgrade are probably true as Apple will sadly jump on that bandwagon (Nokia 1020, Samsung Zoom) rather than be the innovators they were under Job's helm.