Next-gen Samsung Galaxy Gear launching along with the Galaxy S5
0. phoneArena 27 Nov 2013, 08:21 posted on
The general indications ever since the Samsung Galaxy Gear was first released was that Samsung was planning to have its follow-up offering ready to be shown at CES 2014 in January. It looks like that plan is still on track, because a new rumor says that the next generation Samsung Galaxy Gear is going to be launched alongside the Galaxy S5...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
all i gotta request samsung is to implement flex screens where needed
16. mturby (unregistered)
samsung has NEVER implementet flex screens for commercial sales. LG did, and for the galaxy round, its not flexible.
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Hope it will look better. Think they rush this galaxy watch with no design principals.
17. joey_sfb (Posts: 4453; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
No design from Samsung will ever please the haters in this forum.
I buy it for the design and enjoy it using it on the daily basis while clueless hater bubbles only hate.
Samsung just release a watch face designer for gear user to design their own watch face. Its perfect, meet my need 100%
2. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1389; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
A Mirasol screen: color, low battery consumption and good outdoors visibility.
Also that is waterproof.
4. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lol at samsung forcing smart watches down people's throats.
6. tech2 (Posts: 3059; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
launched alongside S5 doesn't mean 'you've to buy the smartphone or else you don't get GS5 as well'
9. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Buy a GS5, get a GG2 for free. (Or the other way around)
Of course, they are counted as *sold* units.
15. shuaibhere (Posts: 1959; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
So where do you get gg free for note 3?????
I would like to hear it...
It costs f**king 23k rs (last time i checked)...
7. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Smartwatches don't interest me in the slightest. The idea of having to charge my watch every day puts me off the most. I already have a time-piece that needs recharging every day. Its called a smartphone. I'm really surprised that nobody has thought about integrating solar power cells into these or using E-ink to reduce power consumption altogether.
8. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Cellphones devastated the watch industry. And now they want to become watches.
10. AstronautJones (Posts: 290; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
I can see that it would be useful to look at your watch instead of pulling the phone out to see who is calling.
Do not think it justifies the price.
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Remember LG came out with a smart watch with video call early 2004.
11. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
FLEXIBLE DISPLAY! BETTER DESIGN! CHEAPER PRICE!
14. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
This reminds me when Samsung released their first Android phone which was utter crap compared to the Motorola Droids at that time. It’s only a matter of time when Samsung releases a product that people will want to buy and will cost a fraction of the cost compared to the first gen model.
If it really comes down to it I see Samsung bundling the watch with their phones just to get more sales.
19. ChafedBanana (Posts: 365; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
This P.O.S. should come free with the phone like headphones and a charger. WhOmP!!! wHoMp!!!
20. itgetsreal614 (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Sep 2013)
Bring the price down. Price point needs to be under 200 especially if the S5 is 200 or more. Sammy give the people what they want
21. livingmild (Posts: 15; Member since: 24 Dec 2009)
It certainly needs to be waterproof. That's a feature that most watches have.