Next Vivo phone might come with a 1/1.7'', 20.2MP sensor and a Nikon SLR chip
0. phoneArena 23 Sep 2013, 03:19 posted on
According to a few official-looking promo renders posted on Vivo's forum, the next phone in the company's line-up is about to jump on the now trending cameraphone bandwagon...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10222; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm digging the design as it reminds me of the iPhone 5S. Let's see what this phone is made of in the next coming months.
3. juandante (Posts: 460; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
I read a news sometime ago where Nikon said they will enter the phone market. But I hope they will enter it with a very well established brand, I would really love to see a Blackberry with a Nikon camera setup. Best seller ?
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10222; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I like BB10, but no way would I consider it as my main driver. Plus, any effort BB makes is useless as they just sink themselves further into a hole.
6. juandante (Posts: 460; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
In what way BB using a Nikon camera set up in their next phone would make them sink more ? You are just a manipulated PA guyee because I know a lot of people that would be ready to throw their Android phone if BB uses a... Nikon camera chip.
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10222; Member since: 14 May 2012)
No one is buying BB. Why do you keep lying to yourself?
17. buccob (Posts: 2343; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Wow dude... My country is still one of the most loyal BlackBerry consumers... and even I don't know anyone who would buy newer BlackBerry Handsets anymore...
10. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
BB10? Seriously? That OS is targeted at corporate use. Why would businessmen need a 20 MP camera?
21. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
because he WANTS ONE!!!! gawd man @ woodshop20 .....Really??? but yea bb10 only if they pull their head out of theyre ass
15. KParks23 (Posts: 535; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Did u just say well established brand they say the sinking boat that is BB lmfao BB will be exiting the market very soon!
7. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
And the iP5.
And the iP4S.
And the iP4.
8. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1160; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
It looks pretty awesome very eye candy premium looking...
2. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
The LED flash will never leave humans alone.
5. darkskoliro (Posts: 1065; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Ok so delay buying a phone for another year then? :(
9. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1870; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
this is awesome a rotating (flipping) lens,lol..i must add company like these really are not to be misjudge.samsung/apple design team makes smartphones.oppo,vivo,xiaomi,meizu make better smartphones (thinner design,more mah battery,and this..
12. amats69 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Nikon cam on a phone? D*mn that would be awesome! From which country is vivo from?thanks...china?just askin
16. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 168; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
1/1.7 is a point'n'shoot camera sized sensor. Don't get too excited.
19. juandante (Posts: 460; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
It's the sensor size of the Nokia N8. Well I don't know how well N8 performs vs the new phones of this year, but with updated software and the bigger more sensible sensor I'm sure that this 1/1.7 will outperform any 1/3 sensor of this world.
14. SonyPS4 (Posts: 325; Member since: 21 May 2013)
This is one of the most elegant smartphone i ever see.
18. sergiobr (Posts: 640; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
If Nikon enter this game they´ll win ! But ... not with this Vivo, nor BB, just with Sammy or others top dogs.
20. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Not sure why anyone would consider this an innovation. Phones with similar forms existed in the past, just to mention Nokia or siemens.
22. iDroid8 (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Well, even samsung and lg belong to the eastern hemisphere, so nothing new happening here....