Next Samsung Galaxy Note to feature an even bigger, 5.9-inch screen?
0. phoneArena 06 Mar 2013, 08:42 posted on
The next Samsung Galaxy Note might feature an even larger, 5.9-inch display, and it should be out in the second half of the year…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
in the future all phones will become tabs...
13. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1339; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
looks like we will have to adapt to the Man-Purse to carry it
22. WyclefJean (Posts: 38; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
i guess that '"future" has nearly arrived..
32. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1002; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
not the "man-purse". Im not doing that lol
38. bluescreen (Posts: 154; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
its called a murse and i'll be damned if im going to carry one
24. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I can hold a 7 inch tablet in my pocket so I am good till they get bigger then that lol
27. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2435; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Just cause you can don't mean you should bro
34. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3009; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Knowing i have options, i won't get a phone that's above 4.8 inches. 5.9 inch is just too much. Manufacturers just dream about bigger screens and make them...compromising on user-friendliness and comfortability. I don't want a phone that will cover half of my face.
36. akki20892 (Posts: 3434; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
not all phones dude......only samsung phone will be a Tv size phone....!!! and it will be a joke for sure 100%
2. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
I don't think the Note 3 will be much bigger than the 2. The Xperia Z has shown that larger screens can fit on phones roughly the same size as competitors because of a smaller bezel size. I think we'll see bezels get smaller and smaller this year resulting in larger screens but no noticeable change in handset size.
16. LionStone (Posts: 447; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Another good example is the DNA... 5.5" tall with a 5” display...2 3/4" wide with an 1/8" bezel on the sides, very tight package.
18. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Yea I find the DNA the biggest size phone I think I would like to use.
20. andro. (Posts: 1944; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I've had used a galaxy note for a while and found I got used to the size quite comfortably, I wouldn't want a larger phone than that though.
With a bit of modern bezel less design it could be quite possible to get maybe up to a 5.9 inch screen into the galaxy note footprint,and that I certainly would buy
3. starandmountain (Posts: 50; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
i remember a post on phonearena. In that post they said the note 3 will be 5.8 inch full hd,
i really hope the new features that will be introduced next week come to the note 2!:D
29. starandmountain (Posts: 50; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
found it, it is not full hd.
4. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
5.5 is enough to anyone's pocket and hands any bigger than that will be too big for most.. so how i hope that's not true
5. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
calling a two quadcore processors that doesn't work simultaneously an "octa-core" is a great marketing strategy. But also, a misleading move.
7. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
very misleading. 2 sets of cores . One set high end one set low end. Its not a true 8 core. If all cores counted then Nivdia wins with its 80 core tegra 4
6. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
6.3 octo core 13+mp camera 1080p screen make all this and I will hold off till it comes out!
8. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
im 5'5" and nexus 7 fits my pocket well,note 2 the same....anything smaller than 7" is ok....note 1 note 2 and note 3.....love it.
10. cncrim (Posts: 500; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Phones are get to it pleatue, i dont think there is much room to improve.... dual core, quad core, octo core...... 16th core etc but even today not many apps suppose quad cores, all that cores is wase. To me what selling is in the software and battery life. Why can all core effort go into battery like use the screen itself to charge the phone?
11. hipnotika (Posts: 298; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
In my opinion the best screen size is about 4.7 ~ 5.0 inch
37. NickPeters (Posts: 64; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
You know... Just a while ago people used to say that 4.3 - 4.5 was best... than came 4.5 - 4.7 as perfect and now you have 4.7 - 5.0 as enough!
Do you see where its going? :)
12. sonofzeus (Posts: 95; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Couple of years before Every one believed the phones Will be getting Smaller as the technology improves...................
21. vijaysivakula (Posts: 163; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
That is true. What you found on a phone a couple of years earlier is now definitely smaller as technology has improved. The large phones that you see now are what teh phones from couple of years before could not do. If i were making a phone with all the features of a phone from couple of years ago then i could fit all of them into a mobile that is just larger than a matchbox.
15. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I love the 5.5 nature of my device. If they go larger than 6, it might be a little big even for more. Granted I think it does depend on how it feels in hand and how certain tasks feel or not feel natural while using it. If it passes all of these then i'd grab it.
17. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Truly Amazing sgn3. bigger battery,bigger display, better processor. Improved s-pen. Best phablet.
19. Aeires (unregistered)
Unless they completely go bezel free on the sides, no, phones are getting too big. At the rate things are going, there won't be a 7" tablet market anymore.
23. b1acktiger (Posts: 207; Member since: 19 May 2012)
It would be great idea if clothing companies will come up with embedded "Galaxy Note Pocket" along with shirts and trousers. :D
26. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
Samsung needs to go bezel free on the sides on the S4 there design is getting boring very old.
28. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
"The original Galaxy Note launched with what seemed a truly humongous 5.3-inch display late in 2011, and last year the Note II arrived with a 5.5-inch screen."
The original Galaxy Note launched with what seemed a truly humongous 5.3-inch display late in 2011, after Samsung proved that the public could decide for themselves what size screen they wanted, their competition has been scrambling to release their own version of the Galaxy Note but they haven't been able to capture the essence of what Samsung brings to the phablet market.
30. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
The problem is that all of you nay-sayers have no clue what you want.
History has proven year after year that Samsung leads by setting the new standard for screen size, then approximately one year later your phone maker of choice follows the leader and all of a sudden you guys are OK with the bigger screen.
31. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Of course It's not gonna be 6.3''!
I was saying that all along.
It's a really foolish thing to believe in.
Use your brains, people
33. alienjazz (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Jul 2008)
I had a galaxy note and now have the note 2. Im 6'2" and I feel the note 2 is perfect in size. Going any bigger and I will not be buying. There is absolutely no reason to go bigger. I love a big phone but I wouldnt wanna carry around a tablet with me. To the people who pocket these phones now, does that include sitting down? I sat down with mine in my pocket and flexed and broke the screen. I also know a few women who own and love the note 2 but I feel a bigger screen would result in Samsung totally losing their female buyers. Wanna improve the note 2? 1080 screen (like the optimus G pro 5.5 now has) more ram, faster quad. Bigger aint always better.....dont screw it up.
35. akki20892 (Posts: 3434; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Getting a Big Will Be a Joke.........!!! 100%
39. Abbath (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Soon ill be carrying around my 65inch 4k TV to use as a phone
40. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Looking forward to the Galaxy Note 3. With what Samsung has done with the current Galaxy Note 2 all the functionality and overall care that crafted the Galaxy Note 2. This only strengthens my belief that the Galaxy Note 3 will be the grandest device ever. I will be purchasing the Galaxy Note 3 in September/October 2013 first day of launch.
41. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Specs will be 16 meg camera, 3.0 front facing camera, 4200mAh battery, Exynos 5 Octa clocked at 2.0ghz or 2.2ghz, 3gb of ram, 64gb internal storage with the capabilities of the new 128gb sdxc sd card. Nothing will top the Galaxy Note 3.
42. zippolite28 (Posts: 100; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
Is there any use of 8 core, 5.9" with Plastic body ... note 3 should have a body which is not brakable easily and look Good ...