Next Motorola project is for the Motorola XOOM
0. phoneArena 28 Nov 2011, 00:05 posted on
Motorola has been sending out emails to owners of the Motorola DROID BIONIC, the OG Motorola DROID and now the Motorola XOOM, asking them to take part in an unnamed project for each device; participants must be a member of the Motorola Feedback Network...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5636; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you know what? i bet it\'s the bootloader unlocking solution.
3. beatsandmelody (Posts: 109; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
What "bootloader unlocking situation" are you referring to?
You think they're trying to find a way to lock down the OG's bootloader like they did to every other Android phone they've released since then? If so, that would suck. It would also be ironic because it would simply prevent people from being able to easily update their phone to the latest version of Gingerbread that's available (like I have, 2.3.7), which would fix the inherent security bugs in Froyo to begin with...
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5636; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well i meant Motorola unlocking the bootloader but i assumed the bootloader was locked on the original Droid.
2. whiteninjazx6r (Posts: 32; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
oooo i hope ur right...especially if its for the RAZR too...
4. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I\'m upgrading my Xoom to LTE this week
6. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5636; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
cool. another way to enjoy your XOOM. (:
7. hfd1113 (Posts: 7; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
I received my OG update two days ago. I own the Droid Razr now but I have my old standby. Although it has no phone capability, it still receives mail through Google mail and my att mail account.