Next Apple versus Samsung trial, set for 2014, could be delayed or canceled
0. phoneArena 14 Feb 2013, 21:16 posted on
Judge Lucy Koh, who was lucky enough to draw the first Samsung vs. Apple patent battle and who is scheduled to preside over the sequel expected to start in 2014, asked both companies whether the next trial, which will be held over alleged infringement of search patents, should be delayed until an appeals court makes a final decision on the first trial...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Birds (Posts: 918; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Then there will be another apocalyptic "the world will" end theory and the hysteria starts again....Ef My El....
2. deadstroke (Posts: 113; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
jus wait an see what happin next .. that all folks
3. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5462; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
PLEASE CANCEL AND ENOUGH WITH THIS B.S. can we just get back too making good TECH PHONES?
7. joey_sfb (Posts: 1859; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
With more than 100 bIllions in their warchest they are unlikely to stop their bulls**t lawsuits. What gets to me however is their CEO Tim Cook pretending that he don't approve those lawsuits only to have more of them under he's charge. B.S
8. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 753; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
If apple and samsung were grade school kids that's exactly what their parents would tell them and it would end then and there. Sadly these too companies are too busy throwing hissy fits instead of using common sense and reason.
12. Taters (Posts: 2090; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Apple is the one at fault here. Samsung is just standing up for itself.
4. nikenturd (unregistered)
Really useless trial if you ask me cuz Samsung releases new phones every 6 months....how the heck can you ban a product that is already out of the market?
5. nikenturd (unregistered)
Apple should file an advanced complaint since the S4 and the Note 3 is a blatant copy of their iPhone....;-)
9. joey_sfb (Posts: 1859; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
If Samsung called their phone the new galaxy or galaxy 4S how?
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5150; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Judge Koh doesn't want a repeat of the last psychodrama. She is going to do everything in her power to avoid a second trial. Expect her to dismiss the second litigation without prejudice. Apple can (and will) appeal her decision. The decision on the dismissal appeal will not be handed down until after the appeals court has made their ruling on the first lawsuit.
2013 isn't going to be a great year for Apple on the litigation front. Time to start innovating. Like with an update to the iOS UI.
17. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5462; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
all she have too do is too tell apple to FCK OFF.
10. darkdroid (Posts: 44; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
APPLE- calling dibs on innovation so you can't have it .
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
APPLE stop acting like a bitch who has unresolved issues already!!!
You're becoming more and more like the forbidden fruit.
Let the lawsuits go, get along like good children and, hopefully, you'll earn fans in our hearts...hopefully.
14. _Bone_ (Posts: 1995; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Samsung won't pay a dime, and as soon as the counter-sue documents are ready (LTE, other patents), Apple will drop legal action entirely. But it's too late, the lawsuit generated $10BIL worth of advertisement for Sammy, and Apple's forced emotional split will result in major supply issues already being reported. They should've never sued someone they depend on, that is just stupid and Tim Cook is already in damage control mode.
15. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I guess going by the publicity and popularity that Samsung got and the way Apple shares tanked, i am sure Samsung wouldn't mind it :)
16. Savage (Posts: 431; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
So a trial set in 2014 top ban products launched in 2012.
18. ZeroCide (Posts: 661; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Apple should continue the trial and sur for the use of numbers. Apple is up to five meaning that they used numbers first while samsung is still yet to release 4. :-P