Next Apple iPhone to be 6mm thin, named iPhone Air?
0. phoneArena 06 Jan 2014, 12:10 posted on
A published report out of Korea on Monday, suggests that the next version of Apple's iconic smartphone will be just 6mm thin. The name of the device is rumored to be the Apple iPhone Air. As a comparison, the current full featured Apple iPhone 5s is 7.6 mm thin as is the Apple iPhone 5. The Apple iPhone 5c is 8.97mm thin. The Apple iPhone 4 and Apple iPhone 4s were 9.3mm thin while the Apple iPhone 3GS now seems bulky at 12.3mm...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
good I like the design of iphone. It will have 4.7 inches disp with design and 6mm sounds good to me
5. ihavenoname (Posts: 1377; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I hope that battery life won't get shorter. 6mm is really thin. But yeah, with iPhone design with bigger screen and even thinner, wow. Really interesting.
23. techaman (unregistered)
its just the glass front being leveled thats the space saving and weight drop, still from what am reading and following looks like samsung is what everyone is talking about and asus duel boot td300 i think i will get me one. lol. this is going to be a good year for tech just hope no more sueing i seen zte grand s and i was like please samsung dont sue just because the s looks the same and the name.
15. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5751; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Sounds like the case will be made of stainless steel, if the new iToy will be thinner and heavier than the current editions.
Of course, they could make it out of titanium to fit an even larger battery. But price would probably be north of $2,000 US.
17. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
I dont think that price reaches that high
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8282; Member since: 14 May 2012)
4.7-5" display will make me jump ship on day one.
7. Dowson (unregistered)
me too, can't wait to come back on iPhone, I'm missing it every day but, Z1 is awesome tough
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8282; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Loving my Note 3, but I should have gotten the iPhone 5S before buying my tank. Maybe I should just buy one off contract...
24. techaman (unregistered)
or maybe gs5 huummm makes you want to wait and see. lol
4. cdgoin (Posts: 367; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Bet that thing will be fragile.. cant wait for all the people busting them in their back pockets after sitting on them,.
9. Commentator (Posts: 2402; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I too take pleasure in other people's misfortunes. It's nice to run into like-minded people on the internet, everyone seems so nice here...
12. AfterShock (Posts: 2800; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
For the chuckle it gave me if nothing else.
6. cripton805 (Posts: 920; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I doubt it will be this thin. If it is, say goodbye to repairs. The case will now be 100% sealed.
At least now you can repair iphones pretty easily.
I took pictures of an ipad air that had seperated from its glass in a walmart display case. Considering that tablet only was handled to be put in the case, I consider that to be pretty bad even if its on 24/7. It physically failed.
25. techaman (unregistered)
i dont think so sealed that is because apple just rolled out onsite repairs in apple stores. if anything they may make it easier to replace the screens and batteries ect.
8. nctx77 (Posts: 495; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
iPhone Air(4.7) and iphone Pro(5.7)? Apple stop teasing me and take my money!
10. rihel_95 (Posts: 216; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
6mm is too thin to hold a phone comfortably be it iPhone or any other phone(huwaei)
14. AfterShock (Posts: 2800; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
That's impressive IMO.
Reasonable though, proof will be in the pudding after holding it.
16. power_x (Posts: 222; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
The only problem with iPhone is their screen size , and their price
Seems like one problem will be fixed
18. mas11 (Posts: 1029; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Apple is full of hot air. Remember guys any phone over 4" is too big.
29. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 185; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
3.5" was the perfect size, at one point in time.
So it seems now that it was more of a suggestion than a rule.
19. Topcat488 (Posts: 1141; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Whooop woop, 6mm dayyam. iPhone was the best invention, since "sliced bread". Now it's gonna be so thin that you can slice bread, with it... Hahaha, as long as the screen is bigger!
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 11235; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No more 4 in. Screens for me. Apple 4.5, or larger or its a no go.
32. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2169; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I'll hold you to that, Dark. When October comes, I'll remember. Don't worry.
21. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
It's gonna take A LOT more than make the same phone thinner with a larger screen to get me to switch back.
26. techaman (unregistered)
this is a great thread talk good talks here.
27. MistB (Posts: 571; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I hope it doesn't resemble the 5s design, I'm getting tired of that square tall look and want something with rounded edges for a wider yet larger screen, sleek and bezel free. Hopefully talk of the similarities to the 5s look won't influence the rumoured phablet design.
30. nctx77 (Posts: 495; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
I have a feeling they would go towards the ipad mini /air design before the 5/5s.
28. sennarose88 (Posts: 53; Member since: 18 Jun 2009)
I'm more interested with the X version of A7 chip which would powering the Air. The naming would make a nice coincidence with particular rock band from US.
31. zunaidahmed (Posts: 44; Member since: 24 Dec 2011)
Bought the nexus 5 to save some bucks for next year's new iphone, could have gone for note 3 but held myself back....
33. 1701nino (unregistered)
I think it's going to be a 4,7 inch phone with a resolution 2048x1536 resolution.They want that all apps work out of the box for the next iphone.And for the second version of iphone i'm not sure.