News anchor mistakes pile of paper for an Apple iPad on air
Unfortunately for McCoy, what he thought was an Apple iPad was actually a stack of printing paper. We're not sure of the exact moment when the 51 year old veteran broadcaster realized that he was holding paper in his hand instead of his tablet, but McCoy never made a move to put down the paper and pick up the iPad. Luckily for him, the tablet is only a prop and isn't really used in the presentation of the news.
Viewers sent out tweets questioning why McCoy was hoilding printing paper instead his tablet. A BBC spokesman made a statement explaining the mistake and all was right with the world again. Well, except for a number of viewers who couldn't understand why the new iOS 7 update wouldn't appear on their own stack of printing paper.
source: YouTube via TheGuardian, Gizmodo
13. rms.max (Posts: 83; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Now you know who uses i-c***
.Completely different species. :D
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3024; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Apple can patent that...we will not complain.
8. tedkord (Posts: 5283; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It must have been premium material paper!
I don't know what's funnier - that he mistook a pile of paper for an iPad, or that the iPad is used only as a prop.
9. Zero0 (Posts: 583; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I honestly can't even.
Just the way he holds the paper makes me laugh.
10. dsDoan (Posts: 223; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
Does he usually use the iPad on air, or does he just hold it during the broadcast?
11. Jklaz (Posts: 124; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
Just like other Apple device owners.. no clue how to use tech
12. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
What are you guys talking about? That's the iPad 5!
14. Sniggly (Posts: 7183; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
That's a mighty thick iPad he thought he must have been holding.
This, kiddies, is what happens when you don't have your coffee in the morning.
15. AKumar47 (Posts: 48; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
paid buy Samsung! haha! that dude is holding his new note3...
19. bloodline (Posts: 694; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
very poor joke, no wonder you have no friends
16. techsavvy.jaz (Posts: 114; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
"a number of viewers who couldn't understand why the new iOS 7 update wouldn't appear on their own stack of printing paper." EPIC!
18. good2great (Posts: 1040; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lmao!!! man he looks stupid as hell holding that paper bro. They wont ever let him live that down.