New video shows off the best of the LG G2's features
0. phoneArena 28 Aug 2013, 01:32 posted on
Korean manufacturer LG has done a stellar job with the LG G2, making it easily one of the most anticipated smartphone models available going into the last few months of the year; it is more than just having the power and volume buttons on the rear. The LG G2 is the culmination of the building of the LG Optimus G, LG Optimus G Pro and now the LG G2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GeekMovement (Posts: 2022; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
It's a nice phone it really is. i personally prefer the s cover than LG's quick window cover, but interesting approach with the different shape and functionalities. the back design doesn't catch my interest much, but the buttons are neat and i'd be curious to try it out to see if it is actually more convenient than where they are normally placed on other devices.
26. AnTuTu (Posts: 1522; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
I would still prefer the design of LG Optimus G over G2's design.
They could have kept the same Premium build as Optimus G but as a flagship G2 feels very cheap in hands. Also I believe LG is going in the same direction as Sammy and they are improving a lot in Software side.
3. scumbledEGG (unregistered)
hope they will make windows os with this! haha! G2 ANDROID FOR MY WIFE AND G2 WP8 FOR ME... :)
11. Doakie (Posts: 1725; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Wait. You're laughing that you'll take the gimped OS? I mean the lack of first class apps is unbearable.
20. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
completely agree and the lack of main features...
4. pwnarena (Posts: 1081; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
really great phone. sony, why can't you have these features? why obsess over waterproofing? you're honami has very thick bezels but it does not even have an IR blaster. darn! you're even using that awful wallpaper that makes your display look inferior to china phones.
5. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 157; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
"...year of the thin bezel" SONY didn't get the memo.
8. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Not yet released!!fanboy's dont have a life!!
15. pocketdrummer (Posts: 28; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Which doesn't matter because it still falls under phablet territory. So, yes, that's thin. But, it's basically pointless because you'll never use it with one hand.
27. AnTuTu (Posts: 1522; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
If your hands are tiny don't buy it then.
Before you write something here do a little research that you can set any device from Note series for Single handed operation. It could be either right or left.
32. heyhi (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
the size of the phone gets smaller overall, you can put bigger screens in to smaller packages.
also, it looks nicer to see...it seems that you have a bigger screen than the actual size.
9. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1821; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
SONY was busy cramping 20mp on Z1 whats why ...
12. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
K enough of the ridiculousness. Where is that juicy CONFIRMED september 12th release date? If it isn't here by then i will be upset / dissapointed
13. goprochyo (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
only 2 cons :
1. 2 gb ram instead of 3 gb
2. no microsd card slot
otherwise this phone is awesome......
28. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3525; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
No smartphone released yet has 3GB RAM. Would you be saying it was a con if it wasn't a pre-release rumor? I highly doubt it. There's no way that can be considered a con. That's just asinine.
29. jdella681 (Posts: 16; Member since: 11 Oct 2009)
As far as memory even tho it's 2 gigs keep in mind that it's also now ddr3 memory
14. pocketdrummer (Posts: 28; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
When are we going to get a FULL review from you guys? It's like LG realized nobody was paying attention and is trying to do your job for you.
The Moto X has received tons of coverage, but the only thing that pops up about this phone is that a new commercial has come out. wtf?
33. iushnt (Posts: 1105; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
depends where.. definately not in the marketplace..
19. JMartin22 (Posts: 1681; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
I'm getting kind of weary of this LG publicity they've been giving out lately. Can't they tell us something we don't know instead of trying to sell us the phone?
21. Taters (Posts: 5757; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The quick window/s view thing has a lot of potential. In theory you can make a 5 inch bezeless phone that is the same size as a 4 inch phone with bezels. Slap a quick window frame on it to make it a 4 inch phone. You can even have the whole range of screen sizes if you buy all the quick window frames. 5, 4.9, 4.8, 4.7, 4.6, 4.5 all the way down to how many inches that quick window or s view window is.
Of course with an amoled screen you probably don't even need a frame/cover. The blacks will be black enough to look like real bezels and you can just put the screen sizes in the settings instead of using a quick window cover.
22. funkshit (Posts: 16; Member since: 12 Feb 2013)
I am using this product in Korea.
I dare can say this is so amazing. Pretty easy to turn on, great improvement on camera(Better than GS4), amazing IPS screen, etc.
LG, finally, did the greatest job.
It is a must-buy item.
25. maherk (Posts: 2710; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Lg is tricking us again with their "thin" bezels. Just like the G Pro, it has a black frame that is surrounding the screen, which should have been covered by the actual bezel. Look at the official pictures of the G2 and you ll notice how they photoshoped this black frame to trick us. Am not trolling btw, I am just pointing at a fact that has plenty of evidence for the fanboys to realize it.
31. amats69 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
This is a very very good phone? A beast! But i dont understand why LG phone have no appeal on me... Maybe because of the LG logo? But this is a good phone.but i dont have the urge to buy it