New teaser for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is all about using the S Pen to create
0. phoneArena 24 Aug 2014, 22:50 posted on
A few days ago, we passed along a teaser produced by Samsung for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. The focus of the video was the S Pen and handwriting. From kids using crayons, to musicians scratching out the notes to a masterpiece, it is all about a writing instrument and a blank piece of paper. And this continues in the digital era with the S Pen, and the screen on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. aba71983 (Posts: 572; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
S Pen? I saw many user for Note 3 but never see any one who used the S Pen.
21. aba71983 (Posts: 572; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Good for you if you used your S Pen in your Note 3. How does it feel and which is faster when your typing rather than point-to-point every letters and numbers.
26. droidmanX (Posts: 39; Member since: 25 Jan 2014)
Hand writing recognition has improved alot between 3 iterations. S - pen is very useful in sketching, writing notes with only pen touch recognized and hand/palm ignored. Personally, I use Swype more when it comes to typing but for sketching, screenshots, cut, paste and other features S-pen is very useful. It has its own slot and doesn't interfere if you want to use the phone without it.
14. DillWeed (Posts: 123; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
Not very often, but when I needed it I got my stuff done with it. You can't even visit a site with a drop down menu without the s pen.
22. neela_akaash (Posts: 291; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Only those doesn't use the S Pen who buys the note series just for show-off... Smart users are very well awared of what a note is made for and how capable it has been...
25. Armchair_Commentator (Posts: 222; Member since: 08 May 2014)
its a good phone in its own right without the S-pen, I barely used the pen on the first 2 notes with the exception of making a pointless doodle or 2 when I first got it.
Its nice to have options but in every day use unless you want to see your handwriting, its easier to type with thumbs than take the time to pull the pen out
3. Python212 (Posts: 363; Member since: 13 Aug 2014)
Even Samsung haters can't deny the greatness of this monster.
7. xfire99 (Posts: 592; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
I rarely use the s-pen, but when need it and its very useful tool. Wont buy another phone without s-pen. So Im stucked with Samsung. >_>
Note 1, Note 2, Note 2014 LTE SM-P605 and next phone gonna be Note 5 and Note Tab with S-AMOLED screen. No more LCD backlight bleeding screens :P
8. D.Lamore (Posts: 198; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
I don't have note 3 but I have seen the magic deeds of the S pen , my friend uses his own on daily bases . Although phones won't replace laptop , I see note 4 as the best alternative for laptop. Only haters will undermine the powerful features of the note series which will be upgraded further more on note 4. Don't think apple users will see the breathtaking features of note 4 for the next 3 years on their closed and limited OS. They may call it gimmicks , but I remember 3.5 screen being the perfect size to them
11. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Also remember that you Androtakus are -thank God- in minority, an extremely vocal one to be precise.
12. BLUEBLASTER (Posts: 134; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
Are you getting the Note 4 or Galaxy Alpha?
17. Ashoaib (Posts: 2660; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
nokia 1100, right? bcoz you dont like the usefulness of android
20. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
If, we are the vocal minority, you can probably find bliss without us at some obscure iphone sight and relax among your own kind of taking it quietly.
Kind of like Myx, that needs to prepare his bodily orifices.
10. drakulinho (Posts: 16; Member since: 25 Aug 2014)
If you look close at 57s, it could be note 4?
15. Settings (Posts: 1040; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Yawn! The S Pen is so 2011.
Theres no innovation here Sammy.
I know this device would be a beast but at least put something new to it.
Maybe waterproof it?
Also don't be a douche. Dont release a Note 4 upgrade months after people buy it.
We all know what you did to S5.
16. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 461; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Does the S-Pen really need a little pressure so that it will write?
18. Ashoaib (Posts: 2660; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
not at all... what I experienced S-pen works even if you are nearly touching the screen instead of really touching it... just a very slight nibble will be captured by the digitizer... in some cases little stronger stroke is needed but still thats not really strong
19. twens (Posts: 823; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Haters always gone hate. The note series are in a class of their own. That's a territory sammy created and mastered on their own. Sammy doesn't release countless versions of the note. It's their secret flagship where no one dares to compete or overtake them in. The feature list of the s-pen Is second to none. And yes, no s-pen feature is a gimmick. They work like a boss.
23. Phantom1031 (Posts: 23; Member since: 02 Aug 2014)
Sammy is the pioneer and others are followers, I use s-pen most of the time on my Note 3, even this comment is written with s-pen