New snapshots of Sony i1 Honami outed
0. phoneArena 14 Aug 2013, 14:45 posted on
One of the most eagerly anticipated smartphones soon to be introduced is the Sony i1 Honami, the first in a series of camera-centric handsets to be produced by the Japanese OEM; a series of snapshots showing the phone confirm the 20.7MP snapper on the back of the device as well as the Sony 'G' lens employed by the camera...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 410; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
At least the back doesn't resemble the iPhone.
26. AnTuTu (Posts: 1578; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
I don't want to live on this planet anymore :( (stupidest comment ever)
44. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 410; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
The back looks absolutely nothing like the iPhone.
50. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1108; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I believe he heard you the first time. There is no need to keep repeating yourself.
75. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
It looks nothing like the iPhone from any angle. ANY. Sony's phone designs are one of the best but still very different from Apple.
94. papss (unregistered)
117. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Sony designs are one of the best? What? Please explain why a mono colored rectangle is a top design? There is nothing in the external design of this phone that screams wow.
122. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Then what according to you is a top design my friend?
5. Feanor (Posts: 670; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Even for me that I don't have a big problem with bezels. If the bezels were a bit smaller and the corners a bit rounder, it would be the most beautiful phone for me. I love the glass back and the aluminium frame which is sandblasted and then polished on the profiles. I'll have to see it in real and see if I can live with the bezels.
35. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Yh wish it was more curvy, the squared off design looks nice but really isn't ergonomic to the hand and makes phone feel even bigger than they are and with the big bezels which I can't stand , it will probably frei even bigger.
9. SleepingOz (unregistered)
I think there's a fat bezel competition between Sony and nokia.
13. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I think that you should do some workout
maybe your sissy hands would benefit from it.
20. tech2 (Posts: 3349; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Very mature....blame it on the consumer not on the OEM for creating such hideously large bezels !
Its like Apple way of saying 'you are holding it wrong'!
33. papss (unregistered)
Darn right... Its not their fault he's a sissy. I personally like a bit of bezel
63. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
for you it's hideous...for me a bit of bezel is not a big deal.
Don't push with apple. You're pushing it too far.
27. dmn666 (Posts: 244; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Typical poopsung clown. What about the gigantic bezel on Galaxy s4 compared to Sony Xperia ZL? And S4 has a smaller screen on a bigger surface area- LMAO. Samsung is leading the bezel game with S4 and S4 active.
34. MCrapp (Posts: 318; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
You're typical Sonyclown! If you don't like Samsung.............. stop!!!! Ok.....We know Sony is the best.................. (10years ago)!!!!!!!!!!
101. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
At least Nokia fills up their fat bezels with physical buttons. Huge bezel + on-screen buttons = the worst of both worlds...
Still very interested in the handset, hope it makes its way to all carriers. Samsung, Moto, LG, and HTC all now have a major presence in the US smartphone landscape.
17. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I agree that it would look much better with smaller bezels.
29. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Tell me whats your feeling about PLASTIC??
don't you think having a big bezel is much more tolerable than experiencing a cheap feeling??
P.S: im talking about flagships
86. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
So far, let's hope that there won't be more. :)
106. Lyngdoh (Posts: 236; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
You sir are right! The iphone bezels are too big!
120. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
then don't buy it if u don't like the bezel
7. almostdone (Posts: 231; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
In the 90's we had laptops with 7" screen fit into a 14" bezel. Lets go back to the good old times. lol
22. alila2 (Posts: 134; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
extra bezel is there for a reason , you know just in case of emergency , Sony got you covered.
3. tech2 (Posts: 3349; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
That’s some huge bezels !
I don’t want people coming up to me and say, 'is that a HTC i1 (or whatever the name it) in your pocket or you're just too excited to see me' :)
6. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 164; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
why is there just a single LED flash ?!
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Alan, you forgot to add this very important snapshot: http://static.xperiablog.net/w
Words on the bottom says:
"Sony next flagship honami has a 20mp Exmor R sensor and capable for 4K (4000×2000 res) video shooting"
10. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I will be called a sony hater but I don't give a dam%%
I'm wondering how they managed to put a decent sensor and optics in such a slim body.
It doesn't differ much from previous handsets.
16. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
The point is that you're getting out of the realm of phones
as far as there is a decent camera, there is no need to be worried and be sure that it will be one of the best cameras..
its a phone, not a DSLR.
but i think you must be worried about the lack of full HD displays, powerful hardware and battery, memory slot and the existence of bulky body in your beloved brand.
24. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
no, I'm not:)
they will catch up and I'm not a type who needs the latest&greatest:)
it's not a dslr...but a huge hype made around this device...you understand
80. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2047; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
So, what's a "decent sensor" to you? A 20mp camera with 18X optical zoom hyper optic lens with radon flash??
25. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
...why are you reffering to Finns? I just expressed my worries.
37. papss (unregistered)
Smaller sensor which means less light/less detail
45. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
no one cares for.u
Sony which is in the top 6 smartphone brands according to sales 9.6 million thrashed Nokia---which is having 80% of wp market share(7.1 milliob) by more than 2.5 millions
now keep counting
and keep improving ur Wp because Still u cant enable or disable Silly auto rotation lock
77. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
so? android is far behind Symbian when it comes to landscape, kid
What does it prove?
If you don't have anything to say, just remain silence.
55. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Don’t worry! its an easy thing for Sony,
Because they have been able to put a decent 18MP 1/2.3 Sensor With 5x optical zoom and OIS into under 13mm body in Sony DSC TX66.
57. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Interesting if Sony i1 (a.k.a. Honami) will gonna have OIS.
65. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
According to Esato Honami will use IBIS/Sensorshift IS.
Something like this
68. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
yes sony got its own STEADYSHOT
11. Genersis (Posts: 217; Member since: 29 May 2013)
I guess the bezels are normally big on Sony phones because of their water-proofing.
14. glentomas123 (Posts: 70; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
How is the phone camera centric without a physical camera button? pass.
15. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Why you think that it doesn't have a camera button?
Look at this phote:
21. jb4674 (Posts: 145; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Exactly! Look at the girl's pinky. You can clearly see the camera button below it.
38. papss (unregistered)
Good find man
102. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Why is everybody saying this is a "camera centric" phone?!?! Just because it has a good camera doesn't make it "camera centric." All evidence points to this being Sony's next flagship.
Could someone please point me to an article that explicitly states that Sony intends this to be "camera-cenreic?"
19. luigi0824 (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
phonearena should be scared of Sony for giving extremely awful ratings!
23. jb4674 (Posts: 145; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
It's funny how the once mighty and hip iPhone is becoming a thing of the past. Outdated, small and completely limited. I can't wait for this phone to come out so I can replace my POS iPhone 3G.
40. papss (unregistered)
Geez dude.. 3g? You poor tech fan... Why such an old phone? There have been many great phones since then
62. jb4674 (Posts: 145; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
TBH, none of the phones I've seen really caught my eye. I was never impressed by any of the Samsung Galaxy series because they felt cheap and almost toy-like when held (plastic). The last Nokia phone I owned was so small, I could stuff it in my sock but I loved it (Nokia 8390). Nowadays, Nokia using a Windows system with all those ugly tiles didn't really impress me. And the iPhones........ Well, let's just say that I've grown more and more irritated by their lack of support for legacy devices for their OS and their own apps not being able to be updated even with an older IOS release. I was getting ready to make the jump for the ZL when it came out but, the display didn't impress me, so I held on because I knew the i1 was in the pipeline.
I'm eager to jump on the Android bandwagon for the flexibility that the devices offer and also because I don't have to worry about running out of space on the phone (I can buy a card and add more storage if needed).
Not a rant, just my story ;-)
89. papss (unregistered)
Extra storage seems to be an lg or SS thing. Sounds like they would be good fits other than material used.. Hmm seems you are hard pressed for what will work for your needs.