New snapshots of Nokia Lumia 1520 put it side by side with Sony Xperia Z
0. phoneArena 08 Sep 2013, 16:35 posted on
A series of photos were published on Sunday that show the Nokia Lumia 1520 phablet; the device is expected to come to market with a 6 inch screen, 1080 x 1920 FHD resolution, a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor inside, 2GB of RAM and the GDR3 update. Some of the pictures show the unannounced device sitting next to the Sony Xperia Z and you can see how the Windows Phone phablet dwarfs the 5 inch Android handset...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Commentator (Posts: 3705; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Nice to see a Lumia handset 10 square miles of bezel. I wonder how WP will work on a phablet. The Note works because it has features that make it more than just a big phone, so hopefully Nokia can deliver some quality experiences (in what might be its last name-branded Nokia phone ever.)
2. dorianb (Posts: 599; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Looked like a "reasonable" amount of bezel to me.
Agree that they will need app optimized for the larger screen as to just not look like a blown up pixelated version.
7. Commentator (Posts: 3705; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I meant to say "without" 10 square miles of bezel., not sure how I missed that.
Would that I could say this was the fault of Siri or Google Now, but sadly that's not the case.
28. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2210; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
It is, but it also isn't shock, dust, and water proof. This phone looks good, but it is way too big (Slightly larger than the Galaxy Mega 6.3).
30. Commentator (Posts: 3705; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Not shock, dust, and water proof... as far as we know, from the limited rumors we've seen.
38. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2210; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Have any Lumias been, so far? This looks just like most of the rest, with the same proportions scaled up, so I think it is safe to assume it is not.
44. Commentator (Posts: 3705; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Fair enough, but Lumias have been certified to be used as hammers, which I'm not sure the Z1 has been.
37. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
its not bad its only top and bottom bezel, and don't forget that it has capacitive buttons thats what the bottom bezel is for as for the top, i wouldn't want a moto x with 2 different sized bezels
48. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
From the pictures, it just looks like there is only more tiles. Hopefully there's some software features we haven't seen yet, otherwise this is going to be a flop.
73. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Perfect Phablet Of The Year.........!!! All features in One place.........nokia u make me proud today. Cheers
3. clevername (Posts: 1436; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
I was hoping they would maintain the 41mp on their top teir devices. Hope the 1020 wasn't the last
27. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I hope MS has the intelligence to stop the carrier exclusive bullsh*t. Carrier exclusive was a self-inflicted wound for Nokia. If MS wants to see sales of WP grow, they need to enable every possible way for those sales to occur. Carrier exclusive eliminates any chance of sales from the other carriers that don't have the exclusive.
Down with carrier exclusives.
4. twens (Posts: 979; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
If am to choose between this and note 3 I will be the most confused person on earth. I will rather have both. Lol
6. Kishin (Posts: 704; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Damn that screen and low bezel good camera 2
60. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Yeah.. i feel ya. For the note 3 to release a 13MP. We'll se an upgrade of 20MP in a short while no doubt. Seing that Sony releases theirs.
But still weighing options here!
8. DechyX (Posts: 132; Member since: 16 May 2011)
i hope that black theme indicates more color options coming to the OS as well
13. Commentator (Posts: 3705; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
That would look pretty good on an AMOLED screen. By the looks of it this is LCD.
14. noler (Posts: 323; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
No, any WP8 can display black Tiles + white background.
22. papss (unregistered)
Umm no there isn't.. You can get white or black background but no black tiles "yet".. Also whomever gave you a thumbs up isn't in the known either. The closest you can get right now is steel.
29. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2210; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
You can, but you have to be interop unlocked. I had that theme on my old Focus.
33. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Yes you can. settings-->ease of access-->high contrast
72. noler (Posts: 323; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
ease of access-->high contrast + white background and you get black tiles.
9. smallworld (Posts: 487; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
It's the Xperia Z1. How can you mistake a phone that was just announced ?
10. sulre (Posts: 18; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
I'm sorry PA, but that's the Z1 one not the Z!
46. taikucing (unregistered)
That Z1 screen looks washout. The viewing angle is horrible. No wonder Sony always gets low score in PA.
61. vipervoid123 (Posts: 163; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
The Z1 only announced and not yet review how can know the score ?
Are a GOD or something ?
What are u talking are meanless u know ?
71. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
It looks washed out from the camera that has most of it's focus on 1520 because the screen is brighter. Basic camera knowledge