New smartwatch is "Hot"
0. phoneArena 31 Jul 2013, 13:08 posted on
Following in the footsteps of the Pebble watch, a new smartwatch is seeking funding on the Kickstarter site; the Hot Watch out of Dallas, has some rather big shoes to fill as the Pebble smartwatch raised a record $10 million of crowd-sourced funding on the Kickstarter site before launching. The Hot Watch claims to have more capabilities than its competitors..
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
pebble is $150, so its not that much more. this comes with more sensors so pay up for them.
wait till apple and samsung bring theirs for $400
14. joey_sfb (Posts: 5167; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I am sold with the answer call feature of the watch, my current Sony smart watch don't do that.
2. bohdan4ik13 (Posts: 103; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
They need just one more thing - good industrial designer.
20. techdude (Posts: 5; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
Their current watches do look a bit rough, but they do mention that they're not machined, they're just prototypes. Can't wait to see what they look like machined.
3. Credo (Posts: 741; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
A new age of charging your watch every night :)
5. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
With some of the major manufacturers already planning smart watches, I can't see this succeeding.
I don't see this drawing interest away from the watches that Sony, Samsung and eventually Apple will put to market.
For me, I was excited about the Pebble, but now I'm in a wait and see mode. I'm waiting to see what the Samsung watch is like and how it compares to the Pebble - and cost of course.
8. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 659; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
"With some of the major manufacturers already planning smart watches, I can't see this succeeding."
I disagree with you. Lets wait and see. Just because big names are doing something, doesn't mean small companies will not succeed. Just my one dollar opinion. If you have something you can market as a USP of your products and a good marketing dept team, you can sell anything, no matter how small you are
6. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Hot? Engineers really have no creativity. And i think ubantu phone edge is better project than this.
10. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 501; Member since: 07 May 2012)
thought no one would say it, the watches need a cleaner more sophisticated design as well as a better UI
15. dorianb (Posts: 591; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
When Jamie called I got a vibration in my.... nevermind. (o_0* )
16. kyan- (Posts: 64; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
The last thing i want someone to see is i'm wearing some stupid faux branding called "hot"
19. Igneel (Posts: 19; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
They'll laugh before you could even show them its 'hotness' :P
21. techdude (Posts: 5; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
Yeah, I think they'll probably shrink the logo or change it's location. There have been a bunch of comments requesting it... I'd agree.
17. vaibhavaggarwal (Posts: 44; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
I am yet to see a smart watch which actually looks good....
22. phissith (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
You guys are forgetting that the cupped your hand phone call is actually patent pending by them, so Apple or Samsung or any other will not have this terrific geeky feature.
23. techdude (Posts: 5; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
It's a pretty cool project.. They seem to be taking care of their backers.