New screens of Google Babel in Gmail
1. Twitch016 (Posts: 23; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
Odd, but noteworthy - the box includes emoji. Not that it's an iPhone innovation, but a lot of Westerners think that it is. Taking that exclusivity away is a quirky, but among some generations meaningful, talking point.
2. omar300 (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i think the main idea is to bring this on cross platform so people can use this like facebook messenger, on web and as well as on all platform phone, and when it is stable enough, google can add this to android message app. like how facebook as messenger app as default message app on facebook home.
5. StevenFranklin (Posts: 22; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
emoticons are on every device? calm down
3. VJo003 (Posts: 351; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
Seems to have some inspiration from WhatsApp
4. BomberXL (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
almost as if some purchase of an app is to occur in the near future. and it could possibly be implemented into this project... :O
6. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Google kills popular services by providing free (ad based) counterparts). This is just another example. I'm not complaining about anything, but this is the way how it is.
Not only applies for Google, but Apple and MS also exhibit this.
7. tech2 (Posts: 3059; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
The other companies can make their app free and ad based as well ! Eg. Google tried competing with Facebook (free) with Google+ (also free) but failed
This is not killing competition but just 'competition' !!!