New rumor claims to reveal the specs of two upcoming Microsoft Lumia flagships
1. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3699; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Incorrect information in the article, gentlemen. The 810 is not the only octa-core chip Qualcomm offers. The 615 is also octa-core & it can handle up to 2560x1600 resolutions.
17. ricmdv (Posts: 28; Member since: 02 May 2015)
"At the moment, the Snapdragon 810 (the same chip that powers the HTC One M9) and the Snapdragon 615 are the only two octa-core chips that Qualcomm has to offer"
It says it there though?
2. mihai.a (Posts: 47; Member since: 15 Apr 2015)
Thanks. The 810 is the only high-end octa-core chip though.
19. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3699; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It was obvious that you meant to reply to me. Nowhere in the article does it say that is high-end, so what is your point?
We all know that this is more than likely the 810; my simple point is that the statement was wrong.
3. promise7 (Posts: 856; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Interesting both versions have the same resolution.
4. promise7 (Posts: 856; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Interesting both versions have the same resolution.
5. Gemmol (Posts: 781; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
The 5.7 is mines if this the only phablet line of the future.....im guessing they killing the 1520 line, I wish it would be at least 6 inches, but I wont complain, I been holding on to my lumia 1520 for almost 2 years, and I never had any problems, that I had with Android, so If this the real upgrade for my 1520 I would gladly purchase it
7. meanestgenius (Posts: 9190; Member since: 28 May 2014)
This is awesome! Definitely will pick up the 5.7 inch "cityman", if this is true, as a secondary handset! Windows 10 is really turning out to be really good!
8. Heisenberg (Posts: 86; Member since: 11 Feb 2015)
They should release a version codenamed "pacman"
9. arch_angel (Posts: 1651; Member since: 20 Feb 2015)
Well we know that qualcomm is making a new octa core chip the 820 do maybe they're making a new hex core as well. I'd like to see the next Microsoft flagship come with the latest and greatest not the overheating 810 and the underpowered 808. Microsoft should wait for better qualcomm chips.
23. hound.master (Posts: 1044; Member since: 27 Feb 2015)
With WP 10 arrival after Windows 10 for desktop (probably late summer or in fall) i don't think SD 810 & 808 be an option.
10. bur60 (Posts: 821; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
I have been using Android phones all my life... but the camera on the lumia phones man.... It makes me wanna switch
11. DerryAhmad (Posts: 271; Member since: 05 May 2012)
And they keep ignoring the HTC One M8 for WP. It is also one (flagship) WP device that worth mentioning.
26. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Yeah a flagship only available in USA
12. kurama. (Posts: 85; Member since: 13 Sep 2014)
Sounds good but I know by the time they will bring it out. It would be outdated just like they did with the 930 by that time people lose interest and buy other phone instead man ms is lazy nothing is going to change wp will remain the same old unpopular o's.
13. 99nights (Posts: 1152; Member since: 10 Mar 2015)
The 810 will be fine in these devices. It just android is a heavy resource sapping system. Windows does not require much (w10 can run on 512mb ram)
16. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
After a while it hangs ,seen that on all of my friends using 720,525.
20. hound.master (Posts: 1044; Member since: 27 Feb 2015)
Those are low end devises and of you compare them to same hardware in Android, Android ones doesn't look better so lets say less hangs than Android.
21. elitewolverine (Posts: 4993; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
dont have problems with hang on my 521's and 635's. Have a few of those actually. Unless you call 'resuming' hang. And even then, at least resuming means your phone is working, where android will just sit there and do nothing when it hangs.
24. hound.master (Posts: 1044; Member since: 27 Feb 2015)
Not specifically, resuming is when you open some apps hangs are when your phone freezes, freezing in low end devices could be explained but for a phone with 2, 3 gigs of ram and more than 2 GHz per core is just crazy.
What Google? You need 8 gigs of ram and octa core CPU with 2.5 GHz for your OS to run smoothly while Apple could do the same with 1 gig ram and 2 cores!?
14. dlsnhuff (Posts: 111; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
QHD screen for a smartphone / phablet, huuuuuhhh
15. rsiders (Posts: 833; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Three words: bring it on. Give me the 5.2 version for T-Mobile please. Checks all the marks I want in a flagship.
22. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The only good thing about these phones is that the SD810 will probably benchmark a lot better without Android. Or they will be able to cook the benchmarks without getting caught like Apple does since they can hide the cheating with WP10.
What they should do is expose the Apple tactics. Use a 750p screen with the SD810 and use wp10 and watch it own the benchmarks and show people how crappy Apple is.
27. alexvoda (Posts: 26; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
Where is the Lumia 1030, Microsoft? Where is the next Pureview camera phone?