New rendering of the HTC DROID DNA gets hearts pounding
0. phoneArena 02 Nov 2012, 15:48 posted on
The latest rendering of the HTC DROID DNA has been leaked by serial leakers evleaks and it shows exactly what other pictures of the beast have already revealed, namely a 5 inch phablet with the red highlights that mark it as an HTC DROID model...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. fistigons (Posts: 264; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
mmmm 2500mAH battery. I'm love that 2gb of RAM is starting to become the new standard.
17. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1150; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Love 'em or hate 'em...you've gotta hand it to HTC they really know how to build a sexy device!
53. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
they build the best without question! They just need to keep improving in battery life now that they've been improving in storage :)
I personally would like to see top end Qwerty from HTC soon!
2. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Hurry up and release this beast! The drool puddle beneath me is getting a little too large!=P
41. alouden (Posts: 317; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
One thing about discovering this site is finding out I am not the only person who drools over a phone and demands that Verizon take my damn money :-).
42. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
I manage an agent location for Verizon, so buying this phone will make me money since I'll have this device to show ppl how sweet it's going to be. Hate paying retail for it, but I definitely can't complain about my monthly bill lol!
3. mydi.maus (unregistered)
THATS MY DNA!!
4. alouden (Posts: 317; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
They are saying early December for release....
38. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Not going to say where the email came from, but I got an email for our lineup this fall with this phone having a release date of 11/20. That of course could change, but I have an email with this date in it.
40. alouden (Posts: 317; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Well this makes my day. I can hang on until the 20th before making a choice. Of course if that date changes.....
I just wish there were some details on its software capabilities.
On a different point, I handled the Note 2 yesterday. It is definitely easier to handle than the original. Still a tad too large, but I could deal with it if some aspect of the DNA disappoints.
43. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
If the battery is at least 2500mah and it has a microSD card slot, I fail to see where this device could disappoint, unless the battery still underperforms. It does have to power a monster after all.=)
46. alouden (Posts: 317; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
You are right. It wouldn't disappoint as a phone. I am just thinking of the features offered on the note 2. I should have phrased things differently.
Funny thing is, I could deal with the battery if that's the only issue. They say the Rezound's battery life isn't good. But I have had no issues with it at all. And I use the standard battery.
45. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
And btw, for Verizon info, pay attention to KingKurogii. That cat knows his stuff too.
5. psysect (Posts: 49; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
a monster phone that i need it..perfect..
i wish this produce internatinally.
6. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I want to see the projected battery life on this thing, it's either this the Note II or the Razr Maxx HD.
7. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
ROM time! Eliminates all bloatware (Sense counts). :P
8. Hammerfest (Posts: 378; Member since: 12 May 2012)
look at that big arse Verizon logo on the top of the device, and so many people bitched about the tiny Verizon logo on the Galaxy Note 2's home button...
toss off your bunch of sorry sods!
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
that's normal, branding on a button is just too much.
18. Hammerfest (Posts: 378; Member since: 12 May 2012)
not really... I have used so many devices without the annoying carrier logo taking up the front of the device...
I was really happy for VZW users when I saw it was pinned on the home button instead...
Small and on the home button anyday > large and taking up screen realestate
20. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i don't agree. the branding on the home button is a real crammed effort. i don't mind branding anywhere there's plenty of room for it.
12. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
the logo on the toop doesn't exactly annoy me too much. a manufactuer logo would have been there.
the button logo is so ugly. can't they just put it on the back?
22. lsutigers (Posts: 809; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Man those logos really do ruin the phone.
25. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
but the branding is already on the back...
and the button too? its too much
36. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
It is the price to pay to get awesome exclusives like this. The Note II was rediculous, because no one else had a huge branding, and Verizon put a branding in an annoying place because it can't be covered. No other carrier will put a worse branding on this phone, because they will not have this phone.
51. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
verizon should make the default and unchangable wallpaper a verizon logo. i bet thats what they will do next. then they theme all their apps red. replace EVERYTHING with bloatware. including "verizon contacts" "verizon browser" "verizon internet" "angry droids"
then they will theme everything, touchwiz, even stock android with the cool blue color red
then they will write verizon in huge windows 8 esk letters on the back of the phone. thats only the beginning
52. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
There are definitely trade offs. If putting up with carrier BS means I can continue to get 30 mb/s in my dorm room, then I can live with that.
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
aw yeah, the sick Droid branding is back once again! ;D
this thing is actually rumored to have an LCD 3 display like on the J Butterfly.
the battery is still too small for something like this.
13. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
i think lcd3 display is the same thing as lcd 2(fine with me) except 1080p
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
39. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
If the battery winds up being 2500mah, I think it will be just barely big enough. That said, I'll deal with whatever battery is in it as long as its at least over 2000mah. *drool*
14. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I think droid incredible x sounds better, but droid DNA is pretty sick too
16. rawkuss (Posts: 29; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Very good contender vs the Note II and Nexus 4.
23. Ralston1983 (Posts: 69; Member since: 03 Feb 2011)
The branding up top doesn't bother me one bit.
26. AnotherOne (Posts: 15; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
It's actually a Super LCD 3 screen , just pointing that out.
54. Owlet (Posts: 447; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
I wonder why they keep saying 2? I'm pretty sure it's 3. I just would like to know what's the reason? Is it possible it's really 2?
28. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
If this thing rings in at 199 on contract it's a steal, but the only thing bogging it down will be that paltry battery and Sense. Google initiative can't start soon enough, OEM UI screw up powerhouse phones the likes of these.
29. Malique001 (Posts: 58; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Wish it still had that new S-LCD 3 but it doesn't matter ill take it!
31. Malique001 (Posts: 58; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It has an S-LCD 2 display . The HTC J Butterfly has the LCD 3. I may be incorrect, but this is based off an article.
33. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's just been misprinted in this article.
32. dorianb (Posts: 539; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
So how much full retail? I'm NOT losing my data!!!
34. rizevnarastek (Posts: 338; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Hope this comes out internationally soon... don't want to wait for MWC :S and I'm still deciding between this and One X+
35. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Why Verizon always gets better HTC phones than unlocked ?
When we have the Sensation XE , they have the Rezound with better screen .
Now we have the One X+ , they have the DNA with faster CPU , more ram , way better screen and better design .
44. rizevnarastek (Posts: 338; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
I wouldn't go as fas as to say the DNA has better design.
IMO the organic shape of the One X(+) has no competition ;)
57. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4170; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I know, it makes me sad. I don't know why, but it seems like HTC has a lot of loyalty to Verizon in the States.
59. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
58. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Verizon always offers the best possible during the Holiday Season but
during the rest of the year everybody seems to turn around and talk trash about Verizon's line-up. they'll do it again once CES rolls past, just watch them.
60. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Their line up wasn't really bad at all if you don't compare it to AT&T
You can have razr M , razr HD , razr maxx , incredible LTE , rezound , iPhone 5 , iPhone 4S , galaxy nexus , galaxy S3 and some windows phone .
But no Sony
Btw is the old droid razr still available for purchase ?
62. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, i think Verizon's line-up is one of the best, if not THE best out there.
yeah, it is but i would advise just going to swappa.com or craigslist or something and just get one outright because they're going cheap, cheap, cheap right now.
61. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Oh yeah Verizon and Android don't mix . If I have an unlocked phone or on Tmobile AT&T even sprint I will buy android . But hell no on Verizon . Slow updates , loads of bloat and locked bootloaders . Worst of all it runs on CDMA network and I can't use my unlocked phone on there or my phone can't be unlocked after the contract period over
63. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
whatever floats your boat but i'm sitting over here with a rooted Droid Razr MAXX HD with all the bloat frozen, it's running Android 4.1.1 and it supports HSPA+ should i want to use it on a GSM carrier. the battery lasts a heavy user like me (Navigation, streaming music via Spotify, Youtube, Facebook, texting, lots of stuff) a day and a half easy, i have a total of 64GB of storage, it's got the most reliable radios in the game, it's the most well constructed phone i've ever felt with the iPhone 5 coming in 2nd and i was able to save my unlimited data with it and on top of it all it's running on the largest LTE Network in the world by a very, very large margin. $179.99 on Amazon. ;)
64. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Good for you !
Comparing between carriers in the us is hard because they all sucks anyway .
You need the extra battery ? Causes think the one on the normal razr hd is big enough
However the new razrs wasn't as sexy as the original droid razr ! Thinner , more beautiful back !
65. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
when i use an upgrade i don't settle for anything but the best and the only thing that i like about the regular HD variant is that there's a white version. tbh i really don't like how it starts thinning out like halfway down the phone. i like the MAXX's completely flat back and it's barely thicker.
you really should get some hands-on time with one of these before you pass off judgement. i had a white Droid Razr and i loved it but i was able to get it replaced for a white Droid Razr M, i used it for a couple of weeks then gave it to my mom and bought the MAXX HD and the looks grew on me after holding it and using it, probably mostly due to it's fantastic construction.
66. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Unfortunenatly i dont live in the USA and Motos are hard to get here .
We all have our preference i like the thinning back of the regular .
The front on the new HD looks cleaner the the back wasnt as good looking as the original .
How's the RAZR M ? I really like the front though
But in 2012 Motorola's new back design is ugly , its okay as long as you buy a case so you dont have to look at it .
I think i may prefer the Black Droid razr more , the white one looks kinda awkward :(