New rendering of the HTC DROID DNA gets hearts pounding
0. phoneArena 02 Nov 2012, 15:48 posted on
The latest rendering of the HTC DROID DNA has been leaked by serial leakers evleaks and it shows exactly what other pictures of the beast have already revealed, namely a 5 inch phablet with the red highlights that mark it as an HTC DROID model...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. fistigons (Posts: 336; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
mmmm 2500mAH battery. I'm love that 2gb of RAM is starting to become the new standard.
17. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Love 'em or hate 'em...you've gotta hand it to HTC they really know how to build a sexy device!
53. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
they build the best without question! They just need to keep improving in battery life now that they've been improving in storage :)
I personally would like to see top end Qwerty from HTC soon!
2. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Hurry up and release this beast! The drool puddle beneath me is getting a little too large!=P
41. alouden (unregistered)
One thing about discovering this site is finding out I am not the only person who drools over a phone and demands that Verizon take my damn money :-).
42. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
I manage an agent location for Verizon, so buying this phone will make me money since I'll have this device to show ppl how sweet it's going to be. Hate paying retail for it, but I definitely can't complain about my monthly bill lol!
3. mydi.maus (unregistered)
THATS MY DNA!!
4. alouden (unregistered)
They are saying early December for release....
38. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Not going to say where the email came from, but I got an email for our lineup this fall with this phone having a release date of 11/20. That of course could change, but I have an email with this date in it.
40. alouden (unregistered)
Well this makes my day. I can hang on until the 20th before making a choice. Of course if that date changes.....
I just wish there were some details on its software capabilities.
On a different point, I handled the Note 2 yesterday. It is definitely easier to handle than the original. Still a tad too large, but I could deal with it if some aspect of the DNA disappoints.
43. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
If the battery is at least 2500mah and it has a microSD card slot, I fail to see where this device could disappoint, unless the battery still underperforms. It does have to power a monster after all.=)
46. alouden (unregistered)
You are right. It wouldn't disappoint as a phone. I am just thinking of the features offered on the note 2. I should have phrased things differently.
Funny thing is, I could deal with the battery if that's the only issue. They say the Rezound's battery life isn't good. But I have had no issues with it at all. And I use the standard battery.
45. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
And btw, for Verizon info, pay attention to KingKurogii. That cat knows his stuff too.
5. psysect (Posts: 49; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
a monster phone that i need it..perfect..
i wish this produce internatinally.
6. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I want to see the projected battery life on this thing, it's either this the Note II or the Razr Maxx HD.
7. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
ROM time! Eliminates all bloatware (Sense counts). :P
8. Hammerfest (Posts: 383; Member since: 12 May 2012)
look at that big arse Verizon logo on the top of the device, and so many people bitched about the tiny Verizon logo on the Galaxy Note 2's home button...
toss off your bunch of sorry sods!
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
that's normal, branding on a button is just too much.
18. Hammerfest (Posts: 383; Member since: 12 May 2012)
not really... I have used so many devices without the annoying carrier logo taking up the front of the device...
I was really happy for VZW users when I saw it was pinned on the home button instead...
Small and on the home button anyday > large and taking up screen realestate
20. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i don't agree. the branding on the home button is a real crammed effort. i don't mind branding anywhere there's plenty of room for it.
12. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
the logo on the toop doesn't exactly annoy me too much. a manufactuer logo would have been there.
the button logo is so ugly. can't they just put it on the back?
22. lsutigers (Posts: 820; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Man those logos really do ruin the phone.
25. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
but the branding is already on the back...
and the button too? its too much
36. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
It is the price to pay to get awesome exclusives like this. The Note II was rediculous, because no one else had a huge branding, and Verizon put a branding in an annoying place because it can't be covered. No other carrier will put a worse branding on this phone, because they will not have this phone.
51. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
verizon should make the default and unchangable wallpaper a verizon logo. i bet thats what they will do next. then they theme all their apps red. replace EVERYTHING with bloatware. including "verizon contacts" "verizon browser" "verizon internet" "angry droids"
then they will theme everything, touchwiz, even stock android with the cool blue color red
then they will write verizon in huge windows 8 esk letters on the back of the phone. thats only the beginning
52. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
There are definitely trade offs. If putting up with carrier BS means I can continue to get 30 mb/s in my dorm room, then I can live with that.
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
aw yeah, the sick Droid branding is back once again! ;D
this thing is actually rumored to have an LCD 3 display like on the J Butterfly.
the battery is still too small for something like this.
13. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
i think lcd3 display is the same thing as lcd 2(fine with me) except 1080p