New pictures of the Sony Xperia T show unit close to launch
0. phoneArena 07 Aug 2012, 18:32 posted on
The Sony Xperia T, once codenamed the Xperia Mint, will probably be Sony's flagship phone going against models lke the Samsung Galaxy S III and the HTC One X; pictures of the stylish device show that a launch ishouldn't be too far away...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Angkor (Posts: 108; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Sony is really competing with Samsung in Android world. It is very good for consumers.
25. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
i just hope they ship it on time. sony was late with the arc and s.
i'm excited for the camera! i hope it beats samsung's camera and htc's camera software.
40. romeo1 (Posts: 706; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
about beating the camera of the samsung you don't have to worry cause its arc already does that. and the htc camera software isn't that special only thing is the multiple frame shot when you keep it pressed
38. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Nice and design looks good, but again without Quad-Core CPU, sad. :(
2. sethyvball (Posts: 46; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Is it 4.3" or 4.6" screen? Other websites are saying that it's 4.6".
5. smallworld (Posts: 484; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Yes it's quite obvious but I don't know why they still say 4.3".
4. BabyWade (Posts: 43; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
I'm still waiting to see the US version with the metal back cover.
13. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Same here. Aug 29th around the corner. Only buying the xperia phone to match my playstation. Plus they make beautiful designs.
6. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 311; Member since: 03 May 2012)
YESSSSSSSS ITS 4.3 THANK YOU SONY!!!!!!
Xperia Mint FTW
48. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
are you buying you's at launch if it lands on AT&T or pay full price?
8. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 311; Member since: 03 May 2012)
you can say what you want dude hahaha this phone is BEAST!
11. buggerrer (Posts: 306; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
sure, everyone can say whatever they think!
its really ugly, the edge on the phone bottom is THE UGLINESS itself!
the screen looks washed, and the screwed it with writing Sony and xperia in the front, why didn't they write the spec also?
even Xperia P looks better!
16. buggerrer (Posts: 306; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
why would I?
its just the truth :p
Sony SUCKS :(
23. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
bro if you are going to troll, troll on a device that actually sucks ok?
28. buggerrer (Posts: 306; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
what! this one doesn't suck?
its what sucks means !
35. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Buggerer . If you don't like the device , you should say not a fan of the design so other people don't hate you
10. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Sony ONE X-peria?
20. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
It took me a few looks to understand what you typed. And then I LOL'd :p
12. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Hurry up and release this phone already Sony. I have to pass on the ion for this monstrous xperia
15. Grishm (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 May 2012)
Specs wise I don't see any huge difference between Xperia Hayabusa and Xperia Mint.
I'm not really a tech savvy and don't know if Quad-core processors are compatible at the moment and all that, but, I would really love to see Sony coming up with a Quad-core phone and competing with the likes of Samsung's Galaxy S III, HTC's One X, LG's Optimus 4X etc.
21. CamaroSS (Posts: 173; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
Sony seems to be on a mission to flood the market this year - which is find and dandy. But I'd love to see more diversity in specs. This LT30 and LT29 (Hayabusa) seem pretty close. I want to see an Xperia with Quad-core and 2GB memory and some more with better LCDs/OLEDs as well.
24. w595vsgamit (Posts: 8; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
your quadcore uses cortex A9
s4 uses Cortex A15
26. The_Innovation (Posts: 604; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Nice, but let's face it, Samsung is the King of Android. Can you imagine what the Galaxy Nexus 2 would have, if the Galaxy S III already has all this?
27. Lawliet (Posts: 160; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
No, because Nexus is worse than S2, spec-wise
29. The_Innovation (Posts: 604; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Do you forget that it's been more than a year since the release of Nexus? Whatever the Nexus 2 will have, it will be better than the Galaxy S III, which in itself is already amazing.
30. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 311; Member since: 03 May 2012)
aaaa yea they're goona make it better than their precious S3 im sure of it.....
31. The_Innovation (Posts: 604; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Well that only makes sense. It's like saying, the iPhone 5 won't have better specs than the 4S. How would that be possible? Nexus is a big name for Samsung, it's not a side project.
Besides, Nexus phones are the ones that set the standards, then the others follow. Why is it that Jelly Bean is only on the Nexus? They don't call it the true Google experience for nothing.
34. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 311; Member since: 03 May 2012)
umm they're not callin the galaxy S3 future proof for no reason dude....the nexus 2....if they make one..."IF"... will be good im sure but sammy has a beloved bride my friend..
37. The_Innovation (Posts: 604; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Just look back and you'll have an idea of what the future would be like. The next Nexus will most likely introduce Android 4.2, with the addition of better hardware it'll be more innovative. It's always been that way with Nexus phones. As I said they set it off, then the others come.
But we shall see.
39. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Samsung Nexus S < Samsung Galaxy S
Samsung Google Nexus < Samsung Galaxy S2
You're saying Nexus sets standards? They just come out with the latest OS coupled with competitive hardware (not top of the line though) and that's about it.
41. romeo1 (Posts: 706; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
that right nexus is just googles phone to put the latest android on exactly the it was made and ofcourse samsung makes more money on a gs3 phone than the nexus cause they split the profit with google
42. The_Innovation (Posts: 604; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
They run the latest OS, that's where most of the innovation lies.
45. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
OS can be updated, hardware remains as is.
46. The_Innovation (Posts: 604; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
I'm not necessarily talking about hardware, though. Yes, hardware is important, but the true innovative aspect of technology, well, this technology anyway, lies in the software. Developers have not even reached the peak of what they can do on the current hardware of phones. Leaping to quad-core processors wouldn't guarantee anything innovative. Same with consoles. Take the PS3 for instance, they keep pushing its limits higher and higher and create better and better games, yet the hardware has not been upgraded.
Therefore, I would rather want to have a phone running on the latest software, instead of having the latest hardware, thus why I currently have, and will get the next Nexus phone.
47. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Alright, got your point.
I, on the other hand, want the latest hardware and put a custom rom on it. Like sharpening a scalpel :P
36. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
Woah, woah, woah.
a.) who's to say samsung will make the next nexus?
b.) it will almost definately have worse specs than the s3, but still be quite high end.. as the s2 was released before the nexus last year but the s2 was still the better phone spec-wise (nexus looked far better imo) and
c.) Samsung phones still lack the design of the xperia range.. Sony will soon come back hard, especially once Android is optimized for quad core, which is when Sony will male a quad core handset, for now quad core is really just a gimmick selling point and is actually worse than dual core S4 (what the xperia T and hayabusa are going to have)
43. The_Innovation (Posts: 604; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
a.) It's already confirmed that Samsung is making it.
b.) I highly doubt that, if it doesn't provide at least the same specs, people simply won't purchase it. Like I said, Nexus phones aren't like...Atrix 2, Atrix 3, etc where no one even cares that they're released. Google will make sure it's caught up in the latest standards.
c) I know Sony has potential, but Samsung is on the rise. This will last a long time, just like Apple did.
44. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
Where's this confirmed? Send a link if you have it?
And no what your saying is right, but nexus devices have never been the most powerful.. thats not the idea of nexus.. so I doubt itll be upto the specs of the S3 remember the general public dont really care too much for specs (how the iphone still sells) and if that was the case every manufacturer would always try to make the latest all the time..
And yeah no doubt they are, them and apple dominate most of the market unfortunately, its just a shame one has to copy the other..
33. therooober (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
The design looks nice, but not buying it until i watch the reviews and then see, although, i am a sony fan, but Sony should step up their game, why they are not offering quad-core with 2GB ram, and 32 or 64 GB of storage. Also, if this device does not have NFC i am not buying because i want to buy Parraot Zik by Phillip Starck and i hope Sony does not forget the NFC chip. Anyway, so far i love the design but until the specs are cleared, then i could decide whether to buy it or look onto the Galaxy Nexus 2 or Note 2 although i am not a fan of Samsung phones but i guess Google love'em and the Nexus has the new iteration of Android faster than others. i am bored from the feature phones that i was forced to use after my phone fell in the water and waiting for the best phone makes you wait a lot lol. Anyway, by October i would have bought a good Android Smartphone :)