New pictures of HTC M8 appear
0. phoneArena 05 Feb 2014, 15:26 posted on
Ever play Whack a Mole? That's the game in the arcade where you are given a mallet and asked to bop moles on the head, knocking them down. As one mole goes down, another one pops up. What calls this game to mind is the recent characterization of a leaked picture of the HTC M8 (aka the HTC One 2) as a fake by Marc Moons. Moons is the Director for HTC in the Benelux region, and as such, he should know a thing or two about what the manufacturer is working on...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
21. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
My thoughts exactly, this is exactly what I wanted the original one to be. Hopefully they have a big battery in this one.
54. rd_nest (Posts: 1591; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
It's fake, photoshopped.
In the 1st photo, they forgot to add the buttons!
60. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3716; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
That doesn't necessarily mean anything. They're on screen buttons. They can be made to disappear. That being said, it probably is a fake.
64. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Agreed that it is most likely fake, but based off rumors it seems reasonable that it will look similar to this.
22. Whateverman (Posts: 3250; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Yeah... It really is! But they're killing me with the 5mp camera. Maybe if they tweaked the software just right, it may be little better. I said I could go down in screen size after a 5.5 but I may have to eat those words.
31. Beijendorf (Posts: 339; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
It's a 5 MP twin-sensor - TWIN.
Due to how computational imaging works (read up on plenoptic cameras or the Toshiba twin-sensor if curious) the output image will be a high-resolution 13 MP.
On top of that you'll get reduced noise, improved low-light performance and so forth. We'll see how well it fares once it's released.
TL;DR: 2x5=13. Because computers are magic.
36. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I liked your TL;DR a lot.
43. Whateverman (Posts: 3250; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I get that it's a twin sensor, but we've seen a ton of "New Camera Technology" that never had the consistent end result that was billed. I was really evicted about the 4 up camera on the one until I zoomed in on a picture. But hey, we'll see when it comes out.
59. Beijendorf (Posts: 339; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
I think we were all rather disappointed about the hype surrounding the "Ultrapixel" camera, but it's not like they were denying any technical details about it.
It was a 4 megapixel camera, and with 4 megapixels you don't get 20 megapixel photos. You don't even get 8 megapixel photos. You get 4 megapixel photos with improved low-light performance due to the larger pixel sensor size.
And that's exactly what we got. Improved low-light performance at the expensive of resolution.
With this new twin-sensor array they (meaning Toshiba, not HTC) promise high-resolution (13 MP) from 2x5 MP sensors with reduced noise and all the bells and whistles of computational photography.
TL;DR: HTC never said the Hubble Space Telescope was built into the HTC One. We just jumped to conclusions.
32. neops (Posts: 285; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
Previus rumors say 5mp front camera, so i hope for a better main one (or dual to be exact). Amazing looks!
Real or not, if it leaks like that, soon we will know.
2. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
i like the side bezels and even the top and bottom ones look better than the one
4. metoyou (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Glad to see HTC get rid of the big fat bezels and please release "Black" version!
5. irellemot (Posts: 109; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
Sorry guys, But I'm sure this is photoshopped.
Take a look at the top right of the screen in the second image. Note the thickness of the bezel.
Now, look at the bottom right of the on-screen buttons. If you look carefully, you can see the bezel. The bezel is a different thickness.
All this is is a good photoshop.
8. kalloud (Posts: 148; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
On screen buttons doesn't exist on the first image!!
10. irellemot (Posts: 109; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
I think the image was implying you could hide onscreen buttons at anytime.
46. johnehms09 (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
It is because we were looking at the side and not at the top.. The one you were seeing is the thickness of the phone already..
55. zhiae (unregistered)
not photoshop its prototype
6. miguelmeza14 (Posts: 61; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
I can't wait for it, it looks so clean and sexy.
7. grgmtr123 (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
Fake! One pic with on screen keys and the other without anything!
58. grgmtr123 (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
If what ur saying is true...why the apps did not change their position comparing to the wallpaper when u see the first and the second pic ?:p
47. johnehms09 (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
Actually this feature already exist since on screen key exist through rooted apps..its possible to happen Thu..
9. karim77 (Posts: 70; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Samsung , just go home with your cheap plastic, even if apple will be making iphone 20 ....you will still be using your plastic sh*t
17. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10437; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Called it. I knew there was going to be that one troll that was going to mention Samsung.
28. MrTzr (unregistered)
I own an Xeria Z and still nothing wrong with plastic in my opinion. It's leightweight and durable and it's easier to take the back cover off. Especially with larger phones which makes it easier to handle. And the note 3 for example looks amazing and is easy in use thanks to its plastic design.
50. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Samsung's "plastic sh*t" build quality was proven to be way better than HTC's "premium feel in hands" last year.
11. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I can't swear on PA BUUUUUTTTTT f**k YEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHH HTC
12. amro99 (Posts: 105; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
My God, it looks as perfect as one could imagine. And from this single screen, there seems to be many thoughtful changes to sense!
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Nice look but seems that photos are Photoshopped.
I would love to see notification LED not under the speaker grill and it would be nice if it was RGB. :)
14. hmd74 (Posts: 476; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Hope its not more than 5 inches!
Anyway... I Love It :)
15. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Please dear god don't make this become a fake, please oh please oh please pleassssssseee (cries) :(
18. twens (Posts: 955; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
I like how android manufacturers are keeping it low on the spec front.
19. Hyperreal (Posts: 223; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
that would be too perfect. photoshop 100%.
20. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2250; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
It looks just like every HTC jaun, that has came out
23. surethom (Posts: 606; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
5 megapixel ultrapixel I do hope it is impressive, 6 or 8 ultrapixel would have been better? Still looking forward to this though.
35. Beijendorf (Posts: 339; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
I mentioned this higher up, but it's a twin 5 MP Ultrapixel sensor array.
This kind of imaging technolpgy is called computational imaging, and is believed to be the next step for all cameras.
What this means is that the phone takes the two 5 MP images it captured and combines them using some rather advanced algorithms. The output image will be a high-resolution image with reduced noise, improved low-light performance, added refocusing ability and the chance of 3D capture.
According to Toshiba who makes the array, a 5 MP twin sensor will output a 13 MP image.
TL;DR: This is a 13 MP Ultrapixel camera phone.
25. Adrian38 (Posts: 142; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
They should have just made the on screen button with the transparent background. That would have looked much better.
26. surethom (Posts: 606; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Why O why on a large screen do we STILL have a 4 x 4 home screen grid it should be 5 x 5 or 5 wide 4 tall, waste of space
63. Lauticol (Posts: 332; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
In TouchWiz you have 4x4 but all the icons are shrinked in the top, 1 row more of Free space and then the appdrawer
27. Diego! (Posts: 555; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Are these real?? It looks like a bigger HTC Desire 700 dual SIM to me. :(
29. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 418; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Weird that the two pictures were "taken" 3 hours away from each other.
33. newbey123 (Posts: 555; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
That's one sexy beast phone! HTC make it and make it quick! My upgrade is waiting!
34. galanoth (Posts: 425; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
This looks like a photoshopped HTC One Max
37. Saafa (Posts: 37; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
beautiful! even for a fake pic :)
i really want that fake photoshoped phone!
38. bibekpachhai (unregistered)
If this is true what it looks like with the best specs for right now, it will be hard to decide between this, LG G2 pro, Sony Z2 or wait for iPhone 6 with hopefully bigger screen with sapphire. I would consider Samsung but I'm fed up with my s3. No more samsung!
40. Gregor (Posts: 34; Member since: 26 Nov 2013)
The screen isn't real and the frame isn't metallic - compare it with "original" leak of november:
41. Muayyad (Posts: 236; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Fake, it is a rooted htc one. You know when you see the current icons setup.
42. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
I came just looking at it. Beautiful as sh*t!
48. Saafa (Posts: 37; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
dude, super lcd 3 is better than ips that used in even LG G2 :)
44. milesboy5 (Posts: 177; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
my perfect htc one 2:
-1080p IPS display
-3000+ mah battery
-Barebones version of Sense (Im a fan of nearly stock android)
-Improved rear camera