New pictures leak comparing Apple iPhone Lite and Apple iPhone 5
0. phoneArena 19 Jul 2013, 23:48 posted on
We recently saw a few pictures that compared what was purportedly the back of the Apple iPhone Lite with the back of the Apple iPhone 5; snce then, we also reported the latest news about the two different variants of the low-priced iPhone, each one with different internal specs and heading for different markets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
I'm really curious about the specs they put on this cheaper model.
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It has to be at least that of the iPhone 4S but with 1 GB of RAM, or else it will fail.
9. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Nada, i don't iPhone lite will have 1GB RAM...
That will kill iPhone 4(S) customers.
13. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
But iOS 7 needs 1 GB of RAM now because it finally supports multitasking, even Apple knows that. If they put less than that, then they are intentionally putting a drawback on their users.
19. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
How will you explain iOS 7 coming to 4S then?
20. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
That's exactly what I mean. My friend has had iOS 7 on his 4S since release, and it lags consistently. I know it's still in beta, but it hasn't gotten any better even with 2 new updates. A true multitasking OS just can't run smoothly on 512 MB of RAM without clearing out background processes constantly.
22. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
But it did come right? Just not so optimized...
1GB ram on iPhone lite...hm...we'll see, but i'll be skeptical.
24. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
But the thing is that Apple couldn't have anticipated the drastic change iOS 7 would bring at the time of the 4S, so they couldn't have given the 4S what it needed, but they can with the Lite.
25. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Well, atleast i can give Android some credit here.
36. quakan (Posts: 1266; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
iOS 7 beta 3 benchmark on a iPhone 4...395. Just pitiful.
32. sniper1087 (Posts: 440; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Well the iphone 6 will come out and 5S most likely and the 5 will become the 4S price point, and most likely they will discontinue the 4S all together, or is even possible the plastic will be just a new iteration and they will keep just the 6 and 5 and all S versions will become the cheap versions, well who knows we have to wait and see.
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it would have to be more like the 5 to be able to support LTE in the "Apple Proper" way and also i think an iPhone "Lite" really messes with Apple's model of just being able to move down the last gen iPhone to the mid range category which i think worked really well for them however this could work if this ends up just being an inexpensively built iPhone 5. so then they could fill the mid range category with both this and the 5 but they'll be able to offer trade-offs for each other, price vs. quality without specs having to be thrown in. if they were the Lite would probably lose considering how cheap you can get an iPhone 5 nowadays.
12. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I think iPhone lite is 4S replacement in the mid range world
14. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I didn't like how the previous gen iPhone was their mid range model, because after 1 or 2 software updates they are severely behind in features compared to the newest generation products. It's a big middle finger to those who buy previous gen devices. If Apple can make a mid range device alongside their flagship while giving it the same software features, that would be a much better deal for people who can't buy the high end model.
37. quakan (Posts: 1266; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Well if the cheaper model gets all the features then how would Apple motivate people to buy the high end model? The only difference would be looks.
2. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 209; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
The yellow one looks like it has a cheap $2 ebay case on it.
3. tiara6918 (Posts: 1910; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
IPhone lite looks likea cheap toy, I even prefer the look of the older iPod touch more
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
Apple iPhone? I have a little times for this :)
but wait 4g connectivity? iMpossible...
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Comparing the iPhone Lite with the iPhone 5.
It's like comparing a mustard flavored soap with a smartphone.
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
+1 for the mustard flavored soup :)
7. TripnCNT (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
I don't understand why apple would even consider making an iphone with that cheap aesthetic material, unless of course it is more likely to be aimed at 3rd world countries.
23. Rocksteady (unregistered)
Furthermore, They are planning to block Whatsapp and Skype, no need to get mobile phones, will be back soon to sending messages via pigeons.
10. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
With all of these leaks I'm actually starting to believe a 4.3" iPhone is possible. They will use the iPhone lite to maintain their one-handed usability stance and market the 5S as the premium device.
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
they won't change the screen size again for a long while.
third party developers for Apple products are still wheeling off of the bump to 4.0".
33. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1576; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
The developers that haven't changed (I have over 100 top apps on my iPhone 5, and none are letterboxed) are just lazy. It is literally a change to a couple lines of code.
16. DONUT (Posts: 342; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
i know its suppose to be a cheaper iPhone but sheesh that cover looks beyond cheap
17. dspkblympkbl (Posts: 51; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Are they thieving off of HTC with the white strips across the back of the phone?
21. Fuego84 (Posts: 306; Member since: 13 May 2012)
It's one thing to be cheap in price but cheap in materials sucks. HTC One is premium material cheap price only $599 cheaper than galaxy s4 and only $20 more than galaxy s3.
26. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9723; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Galaxy S4 has more to offer in terms of hardware and software. Just letting you know.
29. vincelongman (Posts: 2491; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Just wondering which versions and are thy unlocked?
Far in NZ they are so expensive, here are some unlocked prices.
The HTC One 32GB=$999
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505 16GB=$949
Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9300 16GB=$599
Also they don't sell the 32GB version of the Galaxys in NZ, except at parallel import stores or online.
27. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
This is a VERY wise decision on apple's part. Think about all the kids 12-16 with cell phones, most probably want an iPhone, but might not get it because parents dont want to pay the price. This could definitely win a few customers for Apple.
30. phyxius (Posts: 11; Member since: 10 May 2013)
This looks cheaply made, but hopefully has not not lost some of the key specs
31. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Maybe the picture just doesn't do it justice... but I really expected a lot better. Even the color... that thing is hideous. I had to look at the calendar just to make sure we weren't coming up on April 1st.
34. iWinDroid (Posts: 28; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
why don't you show the front side of this iPhone Lite.. its tiring seeing the back w/c is so cheap-looking.
35. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3575; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Seeing as the Nokia Lumia 520 is killing the iPhone in emerging markets it seems like a good idea for Apple to do this.. I'm interested in the bang for the buck compared to the 520... I'm sure that the "iPL" will be a good device if Apple makes it, but price point, and performance, are the key here... Do we even know if this iPhone is meant for the US market❔