New picture makes HTC customers shout Bravo
This article contains unofficial information.
source: ai.rs via EngadgetMobile
1. cj100570 posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:44 0 0
The specs are nice but the button layout fuglies it up. If you're gonna do a touchscreen I think it's best to skip physical buttons all together. They take away from the clean asthetic.
10. deschats posted on 08 Dec 2009, 08:09 0 0
agreed. i really dont know wtf htc was thinking, why didnt they just do two buttons the same? why seperate menu and home but keep back and whatever that one is together? htc is a beast for phone software but whoever designs the phones physical look needs to retire. merry christmas!
27. phone333 posted on 08 Dec 2009, 15:16 0 0
I agree with cj10570. They should just make it all "Touch" . Maybe with one Home button like the iphone but maybe in a different location than the center to make it more unique.
2. MikeG77 posted on 08 Dec 2009, 04:12 0 0
I was thinking the same thing but also you could have a larger display as well. Thank god it has a flash on the camera.
3. sclexgs300 posted on 08 Dec 2009, 05:22 0 0
I can live with the 3.7" screen but is this not a GSM device designed for T-Mobile? If so the title is misleading...
4. biggles posted on 08 Dec 2009, 05:25 0 0
Engadget reporting that this is Verizon bound in January as the Passion with a few cosmetic differences but the same hardware specs. Let the countdown begin!
14. mulda71 posted on 08 Dec 2009, 09:29 0 0
actually it doesnt say Verizon, but man i hope so!
23. biggles posted on 08 Dec 2009, 10:23 0 0
You're right. "US bound" but I'm thinking that's probably T-Mobile and Verizon since they've both been rumored near term recipients.
6. sclexgs300 posted on 08 Dec 2009, 06:43 0 0
I sure hope those "cosmetic" differences do not mean a 3.5 inch screen which would be a shame because of this phones potential
7. vzwman posted on 08 Dec 2009, 07:03 0 0
not so impressive as we first thought im sticking to my motodroid
8. scheming posted on 08 Dec 2009, 07:52 0 0
the trackball on Android phone seems like a really good way to go, but i think it would be even better with a trackpad like the one on the BlackBerry Curve 8530 or the BlackBerry Bold 9700. I'm sure they were able to make the phone smaller using the trackball so I have no real gripes about it. All I know is that I will gladly start using this phone over my current Droid
9. deschats posted on 08 Dec 2009, 08:06 0 0
eh. i would be excited for this, except its ugly and i got my droid update and it pretty much fixes all the stuff you people gripe about. happily keeping my motorola DROID. ;) merry christmas
20. artz1986 posted on 08 Dec 2009, 09:51 0 0
I love how kids make these retarded comments that's pretty much them boasting how they have a particular device..
28. deschats posted on 08 Dec 2009, 17:10 0 0
uhm thanks, i wasnt directing it to any specific person. how am i boasting. i got an upgrade, and im saying the phone is ugly. im talking about how all of you people cry about how the droid has a terrible keyboard. please do not comment if you have nothing sense-full to say. :)
29. deschats posted on 08 Dec 2009, 17:11 0 0
oh! and your right, im 15 years old. jokes on you :)
11. hawk62 posted on 08 Dec 2009, 08:25 0 0
Anything less than the HD2 screen size seems like a let down.
16. artz1986 posted on 08 Dec 2009, 09:36 0 0
because the dude wants to carry a flat screen in his pocket...
17. artz1986 posted on 08 Dec 2009, 09:42 0 0
Meh, it seems this phone is strictly a power-head device. They could have had the style closer to the HD2, while still keeping the smaller screen, because at the end of the day, a bunch of kids love the look of the HD2, just not loving the WinMo. I mean, I wasn't wanting htc to just load the HD2 w/ Android, but they could have done something a bit closer to that HD2 sexyness. Oh well...
21. artz1986 posted on 08 Dec 2009, 09:54 0 0
it's powerhead i love hyphens for some reason...
30. deschats posted on 08 Dec 2009, 17:13 0 0
considering that "powerhead" isnt even a word, hes wrong either way.
22. cortez.i posted on 08 Dec 2009, 10:03 0 0
this device just moved to the top of my Android phone list... i've been using a Telstra Touch HD for over a year, so form factor, screen size, etc. is perfect for my tastes. (hardware keyboard is not important to me). my hope is that it's available in a GSM 3G version, but i'll still consider purchasing even if it's on Verizon or Sprint. with xda-community support, this should be a fun toy to play with!!
24. Robes1 posted on 08 Dec 2009, 11:14 0 0
This phone is a let down!!! It's nice enough. I like the look and the 720p HD. But what happened to my 4.3 inch display?!!! I'm 6'2 and I have big hands! I was looking forward to a virtual keyboard with room for my fingers! This sucks!!! Probably still get it though! Life is but a dream! And so was the big expansive display!
32. xcalibur posted on 09 Dec 2009, 09:04 0 0
Lmao dude I'm taller than you 6'4 240lb With long fingers and I have no problem typing on a 3.5 or 3.7 screen, agreed the 4.3 would be a nice welcome for people like us but we can get by with the other the other two size screens. P.S this was typed on a 3.5 iPod touch lol
25. afrobling posted on 08 Dec 2009, 12:04 0 0
The screen size is just fine. 3.7 is plenty room....3.5 is even acceptable
26. rjt185 posted on 08 Dec 2009, 12:27 0 0
3.5 must be acceptable since so many people swear by their iPhones. lol
33. youg (unregistered) posted on 04 Mar 2011, 17:38 0 0
This phone is awesome