New photos of the Motorola DROID RAZR and Motorola XOOM 2 develop
0. phoneArena posted on 11 Oct 2011, 17:07
Four more pictures of interest have been obtained by Engadget with two photos showing the Motorola XOOM 2 and the remaining pair focusing on the Motorola Spyder which is also known as the Motorola DROID HD which is also known as the Motorola DROID RAZR...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. taz89 posted on 11 Oct 2011, 17:15 6 2
i have to say as a gs2 and ip4 owner this does interest me and actually think it looks really nice
2. Vic M (unregistered) posted on 11 Oct 2011, 17:21 0 0
But how thin is it?
3. gotjesus (unregistered) posted on 11 Oct 2011, 17:21 2 0
This thing looks hot! Making it tough for me with the Prime on Nov's heels. Although the thought of another locked bootloader device deters me....
4. ltr (unregistered) posted on 11 Oct 2011, 17:24 1 0
I actually have a similar looking phone case for the Droid X. ITs supposed to be carbon fiber. It was the first accessory I bought for it.
If the Droid spyder, HD, Razr, really does have a back carbon fiber thats a HUGE WIN.
5. roldefol posted on 11 Oct 2011, 17:25 3 10
Am I the only one who thinks the RAZR looks awkward and ugly? Especially compared to the smooth curves of the Nexus Prime. Thin is about the only good thing about that design.
10. Fallin posted on 11 Oct 2011, 17:56 1 4
It does look awkward, but it may be comfortable to hold. I will need to hold the phone in my hand to see if its comfortable or not and to give a better opinion about it.
6. Jake (unregistered) posted on 11 Oct 2011, 17:26 1 0
It looks like carbon-fiber, not Kevlar though. It better be great phone now that Samsung Nexus Prime is around the corner!
7. bolaG posted on 11 Oct 2011, 17:26 4 0
Bionic goes back this Friday for sure. I'll have to hold the RAZR and Prime in my hands to make a decision.
However I will say this. I've had to replace my driod twice because of water through the past 2yrs I've had it. So having a water resistant Kevlar chassis is really appealing to me.
11. roldefol posted on 11 Oct 2011, 18:01 2 0
Methinks Verizon will have a boatload of CPO Bionics on hand in a few weeks...
19. E.N. posted on 11 Oct 2011, 19:32 1 0
Hopefully you won't have to return the RAZR or Prime when the next new model arrives
8. Thump3rDX17 posted on 11 Oct 2011, 17:42 2 0
the Spyder looks quite smexy although i don't much care for Motorola's new capacitive buttons. if this was an ICS device with on-screen function keys this thing would look even better.
32. UltraElectroMagneticPOP posted on 17 Oct 2011, 20:21 0 0
Yes. I mean, why release a brand spankin new phone that'll look a generation behind upon the release of ICS? Plus, wouldn't being button-less make it look sleeker?
9. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 11 Oct 2011, 17:49 2 0
I can't wait to see how the display looks up close.
12. roldefol posted on 11 Oct 2011, 18:06 1 1
Assuming the RAZR is SAMOLED, it'll be about the same as the Nexus One. There isn't much difference between a 3.7" HVGA screen and 4.3" qHD.
13. warlockz posted on 11 Oct 2011, 18:22 0 0
and just like that the Motorola DROID BIONIC is forgotten. They need to come out with Motorola VTEC Android type phone.
31. TMStage (unregistered) posted on 15 Oct 2011, 04:00 0 0
VTEC just kicked in, yo.
16. ArmageddonX posted on 11 Oct 2011, 18:30 0 0
Is that the Sprint Logo on the Xoom 2 icon there on the 3rd image?
17. LA CROOKS (unregistered) posted on 11 Oct 2011, 18:41 0 0
And I just bought the damn Bionic 2 days ago. Hopefully my 14 day return policy still intact on launch day.
18. Sniggly posted on 11 Oct 2011, 18:43 1 0
I'm looking forward to seeing this sexy baby fired up for real.
23. bossmt_2 posted on 11 Oct 2011, 22:29 0 0
Supposedly as thin as the iPhone, which for an LTE device is crazy.
22. bossmt_2 posted on 11 Oct 2011, 22:28 1 0
Uh oh, Xoom 2 has white on it, only the iPad can have any white. Must sue
24. this is lame (unregistered) posted on 11 Oct 2011, 22:37 0 0
26. Thump3rDX17 posted on 11 Oct 2011, 23:32 1 0
there's two XOOM 2s. one is the 8.2" Media Edition and the other is the 10.1" successor to the original XOOM.
27. sooooyea (unregistered) posted on 11 Oct 2011, 23:43 0 0
i am soo mad like i just got the bionic on oct. 4 b/c i had to with that feature to smartphone deal to keep my unlimited data : X .......................... i rather have the droid razer or the nexus prime
28. roldefol posted on 12 Oct 2011, 06:54 0 0
Sorry to hear... I was sorely tempted by the $100 feature-to-smartphone deal, but I couldn't pull the trigger without seeing a release date on the Vigor or Prime. $100 isn't worth 20 months of phone envy.
Verizon times their deals this way for a reason... like when they axed the $15 data plan just before the iPhone launch. They knew their best phones were coming in November.
29. MOTO (unregistered) posted on 12 Oct 2011, 15:58 0 0
I work for motorola and the razar is a good device just actually tested the device this weekend.. It will top the iphone
30. SemperFiV12 posted on 12 Oct 2011, 16:33 1 0
Just another Android device... guess I'll wait another week until we hear of the Moto Droid RAZR 2.
Although my Moto Droid and HTC Incredible were great phones, I am getting tired of keeping up with Android phones and rumored phones... Before Apple people get happy I think it beats the hell out of one model a year method (in my opinion).
WP strikes a nice balance hardware wise (more than one model a year, less than 50 a month - inserted sarcasm) as well as software (not boring, but not busy either).
I've been the happiest on WP platform, although I do miss Robo Defense on Android (one of my favorite games on any cell phone platform).