New photos of BlackBerry 10 L-Series phone show sleek drool-worthy device
0. phoneArena posted on 11 Dec 2012, 23:38
We finally have a clear look at the BlackBerry 10 L-Series all touch phone and the texture of the back cover matches exactly that found on the back cover of the device that RIM posted a picture of on its BlackBerry 10 landing page...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett posted on 11 Dec 2012, 23:45 11
I'm actually like the feel of that back... it is designed to meke my hand feel comfortable :)
7. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 12 Dec 2012, 00:16 1
this design is good but does not stand out like One S or Nexus 4.
It now all depends on specs and software.
15. Droid_X_Doug posted on 12 Dec 2012, 01:33 1
"It now all depends on specs and software."
Software was the reason for the delay to March, 2013. Spec-wise, I think the BB10 devices are 2012-era (dual core, maybe 720p display). I hope RIM gets it right, 'cause I don't think they get a second chance if they biff this one. The problem is that Android flagship phones are setting expectations for 2013 of quad cores, 2 Gb of RAM, 5 inch 1080p display, 13 Mp+BSI sensor cameras and LTE.
23. No_Nonsense posted on 12 Dec 2012, 05:17 2
The only OS winning the plain specs race is Android.
25. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 12 Dec 2012, 06:51 0
Never there will be a defeat, with no exceptions™®©
37. MC1123 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 18:34 0
they are actually preparing a quad core s4 pro with 2GB RAM next year...
please people, dont be so negative towards RIM that is making a big comeback!
38. Droid_X_Doug posted on 12 Dec 2012, 21:34 0
Wow - another example of putting out year-old technology. In 2014 S4 Pro will be replaced by something newer and more capable. The playbook of releasing year-old technology as 'new' has already been discredited. I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same at RIM.
39. mattrajeh posted on 16 Dec 2012, 16:46 0
i agree, they will make a comeback
12. Peter98 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 01:06 0
Premium enough. But consider having 1080p, 1900MaH in the picture shown, is it enough?
19. DerryAhmad posted on 12 Dec 2012, 02:54 0
Yep.. The back looks grippy and stylish which is good.
I looks like a mini Playbook, especially with those side volume buttons.
I'm liking what I see so far..
Now, RIM has to price this one right..
4. wendygarett posted on 11 Dec 2012, 23:53 2
but the bezel is too big imo :(
should be 100% screen on glass ...
8. nicholassss posted on 12 Dec 2012, 00:16 2
That was my first thought. Screen to bezel ratio is kinda eh. But when powered off anyway the phone looks sexy. Ha
36. downphoenix posted on 12 Dec 2012, 13:47 1
this probably uses the bezel for gestures like the playbook did. And its really not that big, it looks to be a smaller overall bezel than something like the Iphone.
40. MC1123 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 00:34 0
uuummmm.... wendy... the BB10 will use pure gestures! and the bezel is necessary... and besides its not that horrible!!! its quite normal ya know!
3. Troysyx posted on 11 Dec 2012, 23:49 1
The front looks like a Motorola phone, and the back looks a little iphoneish
5. Omarc07 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 00:05 0
if it had a 1080 screen, at least 8 mp camera and 2 mp front facing camera, LTE , worldwide gsm capability i might consider getting it i always liked bb.
10. JC557 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 00:19 0
Same here, except I could make do with a 720p display. Also, I hope the battery capacity/ life will be good on this thing and that this phone makes its way to Verizon.
27. bigbmc26 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 06:54 0
Everything is there, except maybe the 1080p screen. We'll find out for sure on 01/30/2013.
34. JC557 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 11:18 0
I'm hoping some of those specs change seeing as there's still some time left. Most notably a larger battery capacity. 2000 - 2300 would be nice.
11. KingKurogiii posted on 12 Dec 2012, 00:37 1
looks pretty nice, it should make the people that just need a Blackberry very happy. o:
16. Droid_X_Doug posted on 12 Dec 2012, 02:14 2
"...it should make the people that just need a Blackberry very happy."
That is about all that remains of the BlackBerry community at this point.... ;-)
13. anshul0000 (unregistered) posted on 12 Dec 2012, 01:07 3
round corners....dont tell apple
17. kevkyle posted on 12 Dec 2012, 02:47 0
Want.....should be atleast 4.3"...damn these spectacles :-)
20. Darkerm posted on 12 Dec 2012, 03:21 2
Wanna see this one in Action.
Good luck RIM ^_^
22. amiaq posted on 12 Dec 2012, 04:43 1
This will join iPhone 5S to become Galaxy S 4 killer!!!
24. jessedwalker posted on 12 Dec 2012, 06:04 0
No dedicated camera button. I hope the screen is at least 4.5".
29. flexile posted on 12 Dec 2012, 08:33 0
I really like that design, BB really took their time while designing this one.
31. cdgoin posted on 12 Dec 2012, 09:26 0
Is it me or does this look like a iPhone more than anything Samsung ever made.. BB better watch their back if they get even remotely popular.
32. thekai12 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 10:04 0
This is such a shame i designed a phone like that but because i'm underaged i can't sell my work to them.
33. freebee269 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 11:04 0
that phone looks very nice and elegant. in the first pic it looks like the screen doesnt go all the way to the edge, if it did i think that would make it stand out even more. but this phone has a rectangular shape with rounded corners, will apple sue or be content to let it slide?
35. squallz506 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 12:12 0
that looks more like wireless charging equipment than NFC on the back cover.