New photos of BlackBerry 10 L-Series phone show sleek drool-worthy device
The design looks sleek and there is not a home button in sight. There appears to be a front-facing shooter and NFC technology is embedded into the rear cover. The battery is 1800mAh although BlackBerry has traditionally been able to squeeze more battery life out of its power cells. And the earphone jack is on top.
This is the clearest photos we've seen yet of the BlackBerry handset that is expected to launch in March, according to a recent report by a brokerage house analyst. So what is the consensus out there? Does RIM have a phone that will turn heads?
source: Tinhte (translated), BBE via BerryReview
BlackBerry 10 L-Series
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm actually like the feel of that back... it is designed to meke my hand feel comfortable :)
7. MeoCao (unregistered)
this design is good but does not stand out like One S or Nexus 4.
It now all depends on specs and software.
15. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5610; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"It now all depends on specs and software."
Software was the reason for the delay to March, 2013. Spec-wise, I think the BB10 devices are 2012-era (dual core, maybe 720p display). I hope RIM gets it right, 'cause I don't think they get a second chance if they biff this one. The problem is that Android flagship phones are setting expectations for 2013 of quad cores, 2 Gb of RAM, 5 inch 1080p display, 13 Mp+BSI sensor cameras and LTE.
23. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
The only OS winning the plain specs race is Android.
25. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Never there will be a defeat, with no exceptions™®©
37. MC1123 (Posts: 1236; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
they are actually preparing a quad core s4 pro with 2GB RAM next year...
please people, dont be so negative towards RIM that is making a big comeback!
38. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5610; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Wow - another example of putting out year-old technology. In 2014 S4 Pro will be replaced by something newer and more capable. The playbook of releasing year-old technology as 'new' has already been discredited. I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same at RIM.
12. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Premium enough. But consider having 1080p, 1900MaH in the picture shown, is it enough?
19. DerryAhmad (Posts: 242; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Yep.. The back looks grippy and stylish which is good.
I looks like a mini Playbook, especially with those side volume buttons.
I'm liking what I see so far..
Now, RIM has to price this one right..
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
but the bezel is too big imo :(
should be 100% screen on glass ...
8. nicholassss (Posts: 348; Member since: 10 May 2012)
That was my first thought. Screen to bezel ratio is kinda eh. But when powered off anyway the phone looks sexy. Ha
36. downphoenix (Posts: 2293; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
this probably uses the bezel for gestures like the playbook did. And its really not that big, it looks to be a smaller overall bezel than something like the Iphone.
40. MC1123 (Posts: 1236; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
uuummmm.... wendy... the BB10 will use pure gestures! and the bezel is necessary... and besides its not that horrible!!! its quite normal ya know!
3. Troysyx (Posts: 138; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
The front looks like a Motorola phone, and the back looks a little iphoneish
5. Omarc07 (Posts: 238; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
if it had a 1080 screen, at least 8 mp camera and 2 mp front facing camera, LTE , worldwide gsm capability i might consider getting it i always liked bb.
10. JC557 (Posts: 982; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Same here, except I could make do with a 720p display. Also, I hope the battery capacity/ life will be good on this thing and that this phone makes its way to Verizon.
27. bigbmc26 (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Everything is there, except maybe the 1080p screen. We'll find out for sure on 01/30/2013.
34. JC557 (Posts: 982; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I'm hoping some of those specs change seeing as there's still some time left. Most notably a larger battery capacity. 2000 - 2300 would be nice.
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5559; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
looks pretty nice, it should make the people that just need a Blackberry very happy. o:
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5610; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"...it should make the people that just need a Blackberry very happy."
That is about all that remains of the BlackBerry community at this point.... ;-)
13. anshul0000 (unregistered)
round corners....dont tell apple
17. kevkyle (Posts: 62; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
Want.....should be atleast 4.3"...damn these spectacles :-)
20. Darkerm (Posts: 120; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
Wanna see this one in Action.
Good luck RIM ^_^
21. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 240; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Very simple design...just how i like :)
22. amiaq (Posts: 403; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
This will join iPhone 5S to become Galaxy S 4 killer!!!
24. jessedwalker (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Jun 2011)
No dedicated camera button. I hope the screen is at least 4.5".
30. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 801; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Smartest comment ever on P.A. (sarcasm)
29. flexile (Posts: 68; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
I really like that design, BB really took their time while designing this one.
31. cdgoin (Posts: 367; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Is it me or does this look like a iPhone more than anything Samsung ever made.. BB better watch their back if they get even remotely popular.
32. thekai12 (Posts: 25; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
This is such a shame i designed a phone like that but because i'm underaged i can't sell my work to them.
33. freebee269 (Posts: 519; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
that phone looks very nice and elegant. in the first pic it looks like the screen doesnt go all the way to the edge, if it did i think that would make it stand out even more. but this phone has a rectangular shape with rounded corners, will apple sue or be content to let it slide?
35. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
that looks more like wireless charging equipment than NFC on the back cover.