New official Apple WWDC app could show where the iOS design wind is blowing
0. phoneArena 04 Jun 2013, 04:59 posted on
Apple has overhauled and just released the 2013 version of its official Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) companion app…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Well....that looks alright...but for me to even think of an iPhone it would need a complete overhaul not just a slightly different colors scheme and look.....well I'm not holding my breath fore wwdc now....
3. msa1988 (Posts: 417; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
I agree completely. This OS is completely outdated. They need something to retain current customers and attaract new ones. Their OS is getting way too boring.
4. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1121; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
yes your correct. this look more like a theme
31. quakan (Posts: 1247; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
It's the same theme used in the Music app.
2. affandi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
So basically, all Apple did was hit the "Ctrl + i" button to make the apps inverted color? Total cost: $100m, Engineers: 600, Total time: 13 months. Innovation of the decade!
5. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
What part of that is more modern? Its just the same stuff in grayscale?
6. amansingal14 (Posts: 300; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
So the 'new' UI is just more of a theme? Now that's 'innovation'...
7. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1121; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
come on apple, with all those money you have and investments you have made , i'm sure you can come up with something innovative modern UI. this looks like a theme we need some big changes something like what happen to windows mobile 6,5 to windows phone 7
You know that you have some loyal customers do not disappoint them . they are your strength.
best of luck
10. alterecho (Posts: 1094; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Windows mobile 6.5 had much better thought out functions/features than Windows Phone 7, though WP7 looks way better.
8. rantao333 (Posts: 295; Member since: 21 May 2013)
after experienced with so many android innovation, i stick with IOS now.
simple said, android for kids, IOS for adult.
11. pinkpanzer (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 May 2013)
"simple said, android for kids, IOS for adult." >> CTRL+I
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9388; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Not true at all. What is true is that iOS is definitely for the older crowd. You try to troll, but failed.
9. illusionmist (Posts: 131; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
That's 2011 on the left and 2012 on the right. This year's is even flatter.
13. darthinvader (Posts: 63; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
Well looks like Windows Phone has started the "Flat" brigade..
15. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Oh looky', you now get the Date with the Day; now that's iRevolutionary.
I know which way Apple's wind is blowing: right through the butt cheeks and underwear of a homeless man on crack.
20. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
And, you get fÛglier (by the day) °|°
19. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 540; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
It's a good bet that the design changes in iOS 7 will be so subtle, that many people wont even notice. Apple will hail it as a breakthrough and sue Samsung for something.
21. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3440; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
WOW THIS IS AWESOME! IT ALMOST DIFFERENT LOOKING!
22. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 540; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
The wind is evidently not blowing very hard. Dead calm.
24. asears08 (Posts: 24; Member since: 16 Jun 2009)
I am by no means an apple apologist (I am an android user), nor am I claiming that iOS 7 will or will not be anything special. It may or may not be.
This is just an app for the current version of iOS. Not a shot from the new iOS. It signals the flatter design they are moving toward, but other than that this is irrelevant and in no way an indication of the overall functionality of the new OS.
25. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 540; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
You're probably right, but I'm inclined to believe that iOS 7 wont look that much different from the current hall of chicklets. I hope that I'm wrong.
26. dcgore (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
Apple just went to Supercuts and got a hair cut. That is all.
27. tedkord (Posts: 5957; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It's only an app. It probably does the overall color theme, but it doesn't show what the overall product will look like. You can't make judgements from this.
That said, I doubt Apple will go for any huge change. It'll still probably look 95% the same.
28. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
The iOS wind is blowing towards stagnant waters. Stale and lifeless.
30. The_Innovation (Posts: 574; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Give me widgets, and the ability to change default apps, I'll go back to the iPhone.
The right software, will make the iPhone the ultimate phone.
1. Quality build
2. Best overall camera (even the blind test proved this)
3. Custom hardware
4. Very nice design
Yes Androids have more powerful processors, but so what? They never use it to their full potential, because the same processor powers 10 other phones. Apple makes their own chip just for the iPhone, so it works faster, and is more stable. All they need is the software enhancements.
32. aphillips226 (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
so it looks like it will be thursday or friday
33. Ikechukwu (Posts: 152; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
Not so much of an overhaul...... Lame, I guess