New major Gmail redesign may be in testing right now
1. androiphone20 (Posts: 1602; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
That looks awesome, I just wish they did a lot more to the awful desktop version.
2. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3672; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Current gmail android app is already great looking and functional.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9685; Member since: 14 May 2012)
April Fools was yesterday. Today is April 2, 2014.
15. boosook (Posts: 1210; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Ok. If this is real, I guess that this will be the way Android 5 will look, otherwise the app would just be too different from the rest of the OS, and the Android guidelines will undergo a major overhaul.
6. hassoups (Posts: 431; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
well i'd be surprised if this was for android since it doesn't even follow the android guidelines like using the hamburger navigation icon at the top.
9. aravindhanleo (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Apr 2014)
It looks like htc one (m8) .... the sidebar labels like inbox,sent,drafts looks like being in a same design that used in htc settings menu .... the font is also same .... it looks like some tweak
10. XaErO (Posts: 254; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Finally, a Google app with some bright colors (unlike combination of White, Black & Grey color in almost all of their apps) ..
Loving it ..
Icons and buttons are looking pretty distinct !!
14. boosook (Posts: 1210; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Ever heard of google group? ;) It would be a nice feature.
16. EmDzei (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Apr 2014)
Still WHITE background. So many apps what Google have made are forced to white background. Why I am angry about it? Becouse I have AM OLED display and white burns the battery juice. There would be so easy solution: keep possibility to theme or just set background to black. Same in Google Play market, Translate, Maps etc. All apps what Google have made.